Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tour de France 2017

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2017
    Bastards... Cav got barged into the barrier by the looks of things!! (Sagan at fault with a proper elbow by the looks of things)
  • Options
    Oh that was shit, poor Cav
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    stonemuse said:

Oh that was shit, poor Cav

Lost A LOT of respect for Sagan after that!!... Bloke didnt stand a chance with Cav | Kittel | Griepal with him
  • Options
    Sagan apparently had a go at Greipel for it.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

Sagan apparently had a go at Greipel for it.

Greipal was doing absolutely nothing wrong!!... Sagan and Cavendish were the only two next to each other
  • Options
    Waiting to see replays again. This is such a shame, he was in a good position.
  • Options
    That was a hard crash, into the barrier, hit the floor hard then hit by another cyclist. Would be surprised if Cav doesn't have some sort of proper injury from that. Just a question if he can carry on.
  • Options
    BBC are saying that Cav could be done for the Tour...
  • Options
    Broken shoulder.
  • Options
    Sorry dangerous manouvre from Sagan, Cav was disciplined by the Tour for a nothing incident when going alongside Hushovd, for the incident he was demoted to the back of the peleton for that stage and so lost the points he gained and thus lost the Green Jersey

Same should happen here!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Broken shoulder.

Bollocks!!
  • Options

Broken shoulder.

Shit
  • Options

Broken shoulder.

Bollocks!!
    Apparently Eurosport a bit too quick with their report of a broken shoulder.
  • Options
    edited July 2017

Broken shoulder.

Bollocks!!
    Apparently Eurosport a bit too quick with their report of a broken shoulder.
    This from Rob Hayles (a good friend of Cav and on the BBC Commentary team) - Cavendish has crossed the finish line. Rob Hayles says that he is not holding his handlebars with his right hand. It could be a broken collarbone

Very similar incident to when he crashed in Yorkshire at the start of the Tour a few years ago
  • Options
    Nothing to confirm yet, going to Radiology.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

The fact he's stayed down after the incident is worrying in itself.

Like with Valverde on Saturday, if a rider is injured they wont get back up... If okay they'll usually be straight back up
  • Options
    Cav looks like he doesn't think he'll be riding tomorrow in that interview. and not happy about the elbow

GT saying he's fine after his crash which is GT talk for 'I've only broken 3 bones so will just get on with the Tour'
  • Options

stonemuse said:

The fact he's stayed down after the incident is worrying in itself.

Like with Valverde on Saturday, if a rider is injured they wont get back up... If okay they'll usually be straight back up
    Indeed.

Cav is saying that he is mates with Sagan and that he apologised but is not happy about Sagan's elbow.

Does sound like shoulder has gone.
  • Options
    Shame as only yesterday Cav was tweeting this...

• Options
    Cavendish says Peter Sagan offered an apology.

He added: Injury-wise I'm going to get it checked out. I need stitches in a finger. And the shoulder. It's something to do with the shoulder that I hurt in Harrogate (on stage one of the 2014 Tour de France). I'm not a doctor but I'm not optimistic.

"I was following Demare and then Sagan came over. I get on well with Peter but I'm not a fan of him putting his elbow in. A crash is a crash, i'd just like to know about the elbow."
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sagan has been DQed
  • Options
    Yeh right call... Really opens up the Green Jersey now
  • Options
    Rothko said:

Sagan has been DQed

Had to be done, pity to lose him though.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Interesting. Not just DQ'd for move on Cavendish but for endangering others as well. Would explain Gripel having a go at him as well.

(From Guardian)
    Sagan was initially relegated to 115th place on the stage – last place in the lead bunch – and received the standard sanction of a 30-second time penalty but the president of the jury, Philippe Marien, said the referees applied a sterner sanction because the world champion “had put several other riders involved in the crash in danger”.
  • Options
    Cavendish just spoke again at the end of the ITV Highlights... Says he's done his shoulder twice before and it hurts today more than it did on those occasions.

Would like to start tomorrow but has said that if he can't use his fingers (due to stitches) it'll be a problem because he doesnt want to be a burden

I'll be shocked if he's still around tomorrow
  • Options
    This might be a blessing for Cav in giving him time to properly recuperate from his illness. I think he had rushed back for this tour which is understandable
  • Options

Cavendish just spoke again at the end of the ITV Highlights... Says he's done his shoulder twice before and it hurts today more than it did on those occasions.

Would like to start tomorrow but has said that if he can't use his fingers (due to stitches) it'll be a problem because he doesnt want to be a burden

Didn't look hopeful did it? Interesting point made by Boardman that another rider left the line in the sprint but wasn't penalised yet Sagan is DQ'd and they are basing their decisions on consequences rather than the offence itself.
  • Options

Didn't look hopeful did it? Interesting point made by Boardman that another rider left the line in the sprint but wasn't penalised yet Sagan is DQ'd and they are basing their decisions on consequences rather than the offence itself.
    Yeh they were commenting that the eventual winner swung across and could have caused an accident with one of his French rivals which was ignored.

Credit to Cav in his interviews though, even he was saying he didnt care they'd all swung across the road and was more bothered by the elbow
  • Options
    Just watched it again, but this time on Eurosport.

They've also shown the crash at 2km which took Geraint and others down.

Guess who caused it by barging through - this time with his left elbow?

No wonder he's been DQ.