Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tour de France 2017

Comments

• Options
    Will phones hold on?.
  • Options
    Phinney
  • Options
    Where the hell did phones come from?
  • Options

Will phones hold on?.

Not now they wont
  • Options
    They are reeling him in Drat!!
  • Options
    Cav up there but not quite enough.
  • Options
    Kittle outsprints them all
  • Options
    Phinney still overall leader
  • Options
    They do not want to be pleased with themselves!!... How the hell did Cav get 4th yet still not quite there???

Had he got Kittel's wheel like last year I reckon he'd have won!!
  • Options

They do not want to be pleased with themselves!!... How the hell did Cav get 4th yet still not quite there???

Cav has proved he can still do it, very impressive after his illness.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not a lot of mountains this year the race is going to favor the top sprinters
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

Cav has proved he can still do it, very impressive after his illness.
    For me the questions were.

(1) Was he allowed to go 100% for that Sprint
    (2) Can he get through the mountains!!
  • Options
    Just amazes me the impeccable English that most Europeans generally have.
  • Options
    If only the English could speak English like them.
  • Options

So pleased for Geraint. He clearly learnt how to go fast in the rain at the Commonwealth Games Road Race in Glasgow in 2014.

I think he learnt how to go fast in the rain in Wales. Wet and miserable is their natural climate.
  • Options
    Cav did really well today. It's not quite there but for him to be in one ruin is nothing short of miraculous. My guess is he'll make the first mountain stage, then will drop out before the one after. Great sprint from Kittel today. He weaves around for quite a while there waiting for a gap then absolutely Monstered it through. If the best six sprinters in the world line up side by side with everything being equal with 300m to go, Kittel will win every time. He's just got too much raw power.
  • Options

Cav did really well today. It's not quite there but for him to be in one ruin is nothing short of miraculous. My guess is he'll make the first mountain stage, then will drop out before the one after. Great sprint from Kittel today. He weaves around for quite a while there waiting for a gap then absolutely Monstered it through. If the best six sprinters in the world line up side by side with everything being equal with 300m to go, Kittel will win every time. He's just got too much raw power.

Who would you pick in their prime? Cav or Kittel?

What surprises me is the fact that Kittel is probably just as fast as Cav but after his fifth tour he only has 10-Stages which shows that Kittel doesnt really have the consistency whereas for Cav it shows how well he's done just to reach 30-Stage wins
  • Options
    Very strange scenes today with part of the Stage using Spa-Francorchamps
  • Options
    Peter Sagan (of course) wins Stage Three...
  • Options
    Sagan ... what a star.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Froome has moved into second place in the overall standings
  • Options
    To unclip your pedal, slow down, reclip, then still win the sprint. Sagan is an animal
  • Options
    Rothko said:

To unclip your pedal, slow down, reclip, then still win the sprint. Sagan is an animal

Just mad, you have to love a rider like that.
  • Options
    So what's the chance in Paris, podium of Froome, Thomas, Yates?

Would be stunning and yet it's not impossible.

I don't expect to see it but the fact it can even be considered just shows the level that British cycling has now reached.
  • Options
    My money on Richie Porte, mainly cos he was born only 30 miles up the road from me.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

So what's the chance in Paris, podium of Froome, Thomas, Yates?

Would be stunning and yet it's not impossible.

I don't expect to see it but the fact it can even be considered just shows the level that British cycling has now reached.

Dont see Thomas being in the top three...

Dont forget as well its not the same Yates who won the Young Riders Jersey last year yet instead is his Brother.
  • Options
    such a shame Valverde is out as I used to love him attacking on the mountain stages.

still so far so good for the Brits. glad Thomas is in yellow. hard not to like the bloke.

Great interview with Phinney the artist. possible questions on any substance abuse...

http://www.itv.com/tourdefrance/stage-2-reaction-taylor-phinney-chats-about-taking-the-polka-dot-jersey
  • Options
    Into the last 5km of todays Stage... Sole breakaway rider (went out with 190km to go) was caught a little while ago - Cavendish didnt really contest the Intermediate points sprint so hopefully is saving himself
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Team Dimension Data look to be the guys on the front...

Edit... Kittel caught in a crash - CMON CAV!!!

Edit... Balls Cav also went down!!