Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Van hits pedestrians outside Finsbury Park Mosque

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2017
    cafcfan said:

If there is one truism in law enforcement it is that eyewitness testimony is shockingly unreliable. Enforcement agencies make especial endeavour to find plenty of other evidence to support a case.

More here https://scientificamerican.com/article/do-the-eyes-have-it/

And see how you do in this test on counting basketball passes.

https://youtu.be/vJG698U2Mvo

Ah, the old basketball counting test. Have used it myself in training sessions. Wonder how many different totals we'll get...
  • Options
  • Options
    Just listened to May's response and I have to say it sounds like a pre-recorded tape on a bus or the underground: «the next stop is: Highbury» «Next stop: Arsenal. Change here for the Picadily line». Awful. Not making a political point, but the woman who does the tube/bus announcements could do a much better job.
  • Options

Not making a political point,

Yes you are. Why on earth would you make this comment otherwise?

• Options
    Leuth said:

Turns out he feels...confused, the poor lamb

Stop trying to push your political agenda everytime there is an attack, it's disrespectful.
  • Options
    Don't even know what to say. Fed up of these awful things happening in our country. On the streets of our capital. These people innocently going about their business, mowed down by a right wing extremist. Sickening.

There seems to be an issue with extremism in the country evolving more and more. No matter what form it takes, right wing, Islamic, left wing, Christian, etc all forms of extremism is abhorrent.

Those
  • Options

Leuth said:

Stop trying to push your political agenda everytime there is an attack, it's disrespectful.
    Disrespectful to Tommy Robinson? Isn't he part of the problem or am I missing something?
    I wouldn't say he is, no.
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

If there is one truism in law enforcement it is that eyewitness testimony is shockingly unreliable. Enforcement agencies make especial endeavour to find plenty of other evidence to support a case.

The video itself could be wrong due to angles of the camera. The video has the count at 15, but the girl appears to deflect the ball with the slightest touch onto another player as a man wearing a gorilla suit walks between them.

If that's not counted as a pass it's 15, if it is then it's 16.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2017

Leuth said:

Disrespectful to Tommy Robinson? Isn't he part of the problem or am I missing something?
    Okay you've made your views clear - you sympathise with the former EDL leader and dislike it if people are rude about him. You don't think they've done anything to stir things up?
    I don't dislike it if people are rude about him, I don't know the man and couldn't care less what people think about him. I was pointing out this isn't the place to be pushing agendas so soon after another atrocity.

I don't sympathise with anyone you strange little human, You can carry on putting words in my mouth if you like, but as I said, this isn't the place for it so that's enough on the subject from me
  • Options
    RIP.

It's a sad mad world. This is the sort of things that ISIS want.
  • Options
    I give this thread about another hour!
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

cafcfan said:

The video itself could be wrong due to angles of the camera. The video has the count at 15, but the girl appears to deflect the ball with the slightest touch onto another player as a man wearing a gorilla suit walks between them.

Okay. So, now try this one.

https://youtu.be/IGQmdoK_ZfY
  • Options
    edited June 2017

Leuth said:

Okay you've made your views clear - you sympathise with the former EDL leader and dislike it if people are rude about him. You don't think they've done anything to stir things up?
    I don't dislike it if people are rude about him, I don't know the man and couldn't care less what people think about him. I was pointing out this isn't the place to be pushing agendas so soon after another atrocity.

I don't sympathise with anyone you strange little human, You can carry on putting words in my mouth if you like, but as I said, this isn't the place for it so that's enough on the subject from me
    I'm not putting words into your mouth - I didn't realise you were so sensitive. It it helps you to insult me then go ahead if it makes you feel better.

You 'appear' to have taken offence over somebody expressing views about Tommy Robinson and you don't think he's part of the problem. I'm not really sure what conclusions to draw.

The far right incite attacks like this - why exactly is it an agenda to point this out or should we just pretend they're just a bunch of peace loving chaps who are misunderstood?

What conclusions have you drawn?
  • Options

Leuth said:

You seem very angry about this if you don't care about him.
  • Options

cafcfan said:

More here https://scientificamerican.com/article/do-the-eyes-have-it/

Ah, the old basketball counting test. Have used it myself in training sessions. Wonder how many different totals we'll get...
    Always surprised by people's answer to the second question.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    cafcfan said:

Dazzler21 said:

cafcfan said:

Spotted the Gorilla, counted the correct amt of passes and the
    fit blonde leave
    but admit to missing the other change.
    curtain red to orange
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

cafcfan said:

Dazzler21 said:

cafcfan said:

Spotted the Gorilla, counted the correct amt of passes and the
    fit blonde leave
    but admit to missing the other change.
    curtain red to orange
    You're good at this. have you thought about becoming a professional witness! So.....

https://youtu.be/6JONMYxaZ_s
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Wait there's a job for it? I admit I only saw the scarf dissapear and re-appear, I missed everything to do with the plates and arms etc...

Back to the thread topic, friend in the MET has said a rumour has spread that the arrested man was saying all Muslim people need to die (apparently he was very calm and matter of fact about it) whilst they were driving him to the station.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Wait there's a job for it?

Back to the thread topic, friend in the MET has said a rumour has spread that the arrested man was saying all Muslim people need to die (apparently he was very calm and matter of fact about it) whilst they were driving him to the station.

There are 1.8 billion Muslims in the world so it could be quite a challenge.
  • Options

So sad. "An eye-for-eye and tooth-for-tooth would lead to a world of the blind and toothless."

RIP

Like that, made a note and will deffo use it in future conversations
    Hope you quote the originator @i_b_b_o_r_g

• Options
    Rothko said:
    Katie Hopkins for PM - she'd have the Daily Mail behind her!
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    Sort of the same message that people are saying for the people around the Grenfell tower to take, no? Just that it was said by Hopkins and we all know katie Hopkins is a big bad person etc etc.
  • Options

Rothko said:
    Katie Hopkins for PM - she'd have the Daily Mail behind her!
    Possibly lodged somewhere where the sun doesn't shine*, and from where most of her utterances appear to emanate....

*I don't, this onc3e, mean Strabane.
  • Options

@PaddyP17 , @Addickted , @C_Jensens_Love_Child: Think we need to focus on an attack on London and it's citizens, be they of whatever creed or cast. Communities are what they are:communities. No need to say if they're black or white, Islam or Christian or Jewish or atheist - there's no room in this world for hate-mongers from any corner of the world. Many people have been born in this country with Islam as their reliegon, as have many Christians. The vast majority of the country is athiest. Let each go about their lives in peace.

Why have you tagged me? Paddy asked why he had been flagged and I explained. I'd love to live in a world where there's no need to mention someones religion or colour but I'm afraid this is the real world. It's got to be mentioned because this scumbag has clearly targeted select people because of their religion just like previous terror attacks have occurred because of religion and colour.
  • Options

Rothko said:
    Sort of the same message that people are saying for the people around the Grenfell tower to take, no? Just that it was said by Hopkins and we all know katie Hopkins is a big bad person etc etc.
    No that's not fair - she's a genius. If she was PM she'd soon sort everything out. In this PC gone mad country of ours you can't tell it like it is anymore.

I blame the BBC, the Guardian, the liberal elite, Keith Chegwin, Noel Edmonds and the Chuckle brothers.
    Very odd