Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

It's been a hot one

Comments

• Options
    Saturday - friends daughters 6th birthday party. In garden all day, kids in and out the paddling pool whole time.
    Sunday - Father's Day BBQ over my sisters. In garden all afternoon, kids in and out the paddling pool whole time.

If you could get a 6 week stretch of this weather each year would holiday properly in this country. As it is, just can't take the risk so it's looking at holidays in Europe.
  • Options
    Had a large family gathering on Saturday. Met up in a country park and played volleyball etc for 5 hours. Sweated my way through 3 t-shirts in the process. Today was a bit more chilled didn't do much but still needed 2 t shirts.

Tomorrow I have a black tie event which requires me to be in a tux outside from about 4pm. Dreading it as I am literally going to melt. The only positive I can find is that I'll have 2 hours in a car with newly repaired air conditioning on the way there.
  • Options
    It's chuffing freezing here in Melbourne.
  • Options
    Sat eve had the kids over to stay - took them back home in the morning after they gave me Father's Day cards & a little present.

Sunday afternoon went to the Malta Inn (as was - now a beefeater) with my g/friend & spent a couple of hours with a drink or two. Lovely breeze coming off the river which kept us cool & then a light meal & got home just in time to watch the golf.
  • Options
    Spent yesterday at the in laws chilling out and eating far too much.

As we originally meant to be going to the Stone Roses gig on Saturday I booked today off. The Mrs works at the kids school so can't book time off during term time so I'm on my own all day .
  • Options
    Today and yesterday in Napa was 39-40F and we expect 3 more days of this. If feels awful.
  • Options
    Did it even reach 30 in the UK?!
  • Options
    JT said:

Yep. Could get to 32/33 by Thursday.

Probably in Gravesend.
  • Options
    JT said:

Was around 30-32 most day.

Feel this morning like I've done a midweek away trip where you didn't get back until 3am and then got 3hrs sleep
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I am in Sardinia so have had a hot one for the last week :smile:

I just got back from Sardinia on friday, it was lovely out there, still didnt prepare me for coming back to the heat here. Where in Sardinia are you?
  • Options
    I woke up at 2 and thought I was a having a diabetic fit (hypo) as I was sweating like a pig. Got up and tested myself and was fine, I was just hot.
  • Options

JT said:

Feel this morning like I've done a midweek away trip where you didn't get back until 3am and then got 3hrs sleep
    This. Went to bed at 12, was still wide awake at 4:30. Alarm went off at 6:15 :(
  • Options

I woke up at 2 and thought I was a having a diabetic fit (hypo) as I was sweating like a pig. Got up and tested myself and was fine, I was just hot.

I know I shouldn't have laughed but DM that's funny right there
  • Options
    Bought two Electrolux air con units one for upstairs one for the living room works a treat
  • Options

You can't beat the great British tradition of getting the paddling pool out on the hottest days of the year.

Day 1: Water is crystal clear and everyone loves it

Day 2: Water is now full of grass and other assorted crap - the kids are still in it though

Day 3: Pool is starting to deflate, water is now a murky brown colour and not even the dog will go in it

Day 4: Dad stands over the 300 litre paddling pool wondering how the fuck he is supposed to empty it without flooding the entire garden.

Day 5: Paddling pool is returned to furthest corner of the shed from which it will likely never emerge.

Brilliant :smile: though could I add the hour and a half it takes to pump up the paddling pool, partly because you can only seem to use one foot on the pump, because it feels 'weird' when you try to swap to the other foot.
  • Options
    Watched the golf to the bitter end at 0130 then went to bed and couldn't get to sleep. Just walked to the railway station (about a mile downhill) and I feel like a bus has hit me. Sweating like a pig. Gonnna be a lovely day at work. At least the heating on the train is off!
  • Options
    stone roses gig on saturday, got up to borough market 12ish then got in the thameside inn in time for the fly past for the tropping of the colour still love seeing the red arrows, hms belfast fired shots aswell.

yesterday helped the mother out in the garden, washed down with a few beers and had a bbq.

cracking weekend and got ascot coming up this saturday.
  • Options
    RedPanda said:

Played golf this afternoon then went straight to bed with an awful headache and sickness.

I get worse hangovers than most people so my body must struggle with dehydration. Today was really hot, to think they wanted to play the Qatar World Cup in Summer.

Played golf on Friday, 18 holes teed off at 11am in a lovely breeze-free 46C.
    Downed 4 litres of water, 1 bottle of gatorade, 1 can of pepsi on the course. 2 pints of OJ/7up afterwards...............not doing that again in a hurry.

The top football stadiums are air conditioned though :smile:
  • Options

RedPanda said:

Played golf this afternoon then went straight to bed with an awful headache and sickness.

I get worse hangovers than most people so my body must struggle with dehydration. Today was really hot, to think they wanted to play the Qatar World Cup in Summer.

Played golf on Friday, 18 holes teed off at 11am in a lovely breeze-free 46C.
    Downed 4 litres of water, 1 bottle of gatorade, 1 can of pepsi on the course. 2 pints of OJ/7up afterwards...............not doing that again in a hurry.

The top football stadiums are air conditioned though :smile:
    I stop playing golf in the region from May until October unless playing night golf. I cant stand playing in that heat.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    WSS said:

JT said:

Yep. Could get to 32/33 by Thursday.

Probably in Gravesend.
    Another reason to steer clear of Gravesend then.
  • Options
    Great weekend with grandkids round yesterday.

Its times like this that I am so pleased I work mainly from home.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    JohnBoyUK said:

JT said:

This. Went to bed at 12, was still wide awake at 4:30. Alarm went off at 6:15 :(
    No problem sleeping. Went to bed at 2.30, no duvet just duvet cover - sleep soundly until my alarm woke me at 9.30...........working from home has its benefits. :smile:
  • Options
    Think I will make myself some lunch, then pop across the road for a cheeky couple.
  • Options
    B'stard.

Today was tough going in... couldn't think of a single excuse that anyone would believe not to be here.
  • Options
    I decided to work from the office today, rather than from home as it would be cooler. The office air conditioning has packed up. Hows my luck?

• Options

I decided to work from the office today, rather than from home as it would be cooler. The office air conditioning has packed up. Hows my luck?

Air con in an office? Blimey, how the other half live.

I'm dreading going back in on Wednesday and half the office tutting because I dare open a window. It's regularly over 30 in my office in the summer but still not hot enough for some to stop asking, "...is anyone else feeling a bit chilly?". I get into more rucks about that with colleagues than anything else :-(
  • Options
    Sweating....
  • Options

Air con in an office? Blimey, how the other half live.

I'm dreading going back in on Wednesday and half the office tutting because I dare open a window. It's regularly over 30 in my office in the summer but still not hot enough for some to stop asking, "...is anyone else feeling a bit chilly?". I get into more rucks about that with colleagues than anything else :-(
    You and me both!