Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cricket - World Champions Trophy 2017

Comments

• Options
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/40146313

Steve Finn called up to replace Woakes
  • Options

Looks like the nz match may be rained off.

New Zealand? It's India v Pakistan today
    I think he was referring to our next match on tues.
  • Options
    A shame the weather has deteriorated compared to last Thursday. Cool with the chance of showers for the next few days
  • Options

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/40146313

Steve Finn called up to replace Woakes

Was obvious once he played for the Lions yesterday.
  • Options
    Pakistan are absolute numpties. Didn't open the bowling with their quicks & the last over was bowled by a spinner, who went for 23 which included the first 3 balls all going for 6's.

Luckily for them the rain has come & they may escape with a point from an abandoned match.
  • Options

Pakistan are absolute numpties. Didn't open the bowling with their quicks & the last over was bowled by a spinner, who went for 23 which included the first 3 balls all going for 6's.

Luckily for them the rain has come & they may escape with a point from an abandoned match.

Hmmm, Pakistan eh - i wont go there.
  • Options

Bairstow is a far better player than Billings.

Well there's a novelty a Surrey man picking a Yorkshireman over a Kent man
    TBH, anyone who thinks Billings is better than Bairstow has clearly had too many Spitfire beers.
    I wasn't suggesting he was better as a batsman or a keeper. I did suggest he was more of a like for like replacement for Roy. Personally I would shift Moeen up the order and slot Bairstow in the middle. Could also open with Buttler but I think he is best coming in with 25/30 overs gone. Willey could also do a pinch hitters job but I'm not a massive fan of that...
  • Options
    Understand what youre saying Canters, but i'd be bloody miffed if i was Bairstow and Billings got chosen instead of me.
  • Options
    No way should Billings be picked above Bairstow. If there's doubts about Bairstow opening, which is completely fair enough, then I would go with Ali, don't think he should be batting as low as 8 (if Willey were to open), I would go with:
    Hales
    Ali
    Root
    Bairstow
    Morgan
    Buttler
    Stokes
    Willey
    Rashid
    Plunkett
    Wood

• Options
    How much money have the Indian fielders got on a Pakistan win?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pakistan are almost unbeatable at home (UAE), but are absolutely awful anywhere else in the world. Their recent history always makes me very suspicious as the difference in performance levels is so huge
  • Options
    A nice helping of rain tomorrow in the Oz v Bangaldesh match would be good for England :)
  • Options

A nice helping of rain tomorrow in the Oz v Bangaldesh match would be good for England :)

Its forecast !
  • Options
    It's amazing to me that they don't have reserve days in place for such a high profile tournament.
  • Options
    Yes, it can seriously distort the outcome. Mind you - no problem if it distorts in our favour!
  • Options
    Rain in early June in England..............surely not. Better to hold it in August, but then the days aren't as long & would have affected England's Test series.
  • Options

Rain in early June in England..............surely not. Better to hold it in August, but then the days aren't as long & would have affected England's Test series.

August is usually even worse. Best time would be July, seems to have great weather for the first 3 weeks and then start raining towards the end, just to taunt the tennis fans with good weather once Wimbledon is finished and taunt the school kids with great weather every day they're in school only to piss on them as soon as school breaks up.
  • Options
    As a relatively last minute thing, I decided to go to the England Bangladesh game last Thursday (1st). As I only bought my ticket on the previous Sunday 28th, and with the bank holiday and no "printing from home" option I was concerned the ticket wouldn't arrive on time, and on Wednesday agreed with them to print me a duplicate ticket which I would collect at The Oval, and that my original ticket would be rendered invalid

This original ticket arrived today, a week after I purchased it, and 4 days after the match!

The CT ticket site is seriously flawed if you don't order weeks in advance, no printing at home option, and no box even to choose to collect from the ground which you have to do via their help desk...
  • Options
    Today's match is likely to be abandoned. Possibly tomorrow's match too
  • Options

If they had started at 10:30 today they might have had a chance to fit more play in before the rain arrives, but it's a 13:30 start
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

If they had started at 10:30 today they might have had a chance to fit more play in before the rain arrives, but it's a 13:30 start
    What time are they allowed to play with the floodlights on - 11pm ?
  • Options
    I've found a good stream for the WCT -
    www.criculive.com
  • Options
    How the hell was it Umpires call for Hitting in line for Shakib LBW ???
  • Options
    Are Pakistan trying to let the Aussies win this before it rains ?? Still going at around 4 an over & at 30 overs looking to score around 240 at best. With DL I expect the Aussies to be set less than 100 in 20 overs.
  • Options
    I think you meant Bangladesh and when are the heavens going to open? Needs to happen soon!
  • Options
    edited June 2017

I think you meant Bangladesh and when are the heavens going to open? Needs to happen soon!

Due to start raining about 5 according to the forecast
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    ok, that might save Bangladesh if they can stay in! On the downside - I have to take my son football training at 5!!!!
  • Options
    Scrap that. Umbrellas going up now
  • Options
    Rain set for the rest of the day?
  • Options
    Yes