Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

HUDDERSFIELD V SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY ..12.00 SS2

2»

Comments

• Options
    I agree that Huddersfield deserved that for a brave and skillful performance. They pressed very high up the pitch, retained possession exceptionally well and showed moments of pace and imagination up front.

Jap Staam is a crafty and tactically astute coach and I think that Reading will try and smother Huddersfield's style by sitting deep and trying to deny them space. What the game probably needs is an early Huddersfield goal.

I have a mate who's a Reading supporter but it would be great to see Town back in the top tier for the first time in 45 years, when they had people like Franky Worthington and Trevor Cherry. The Sky commentator may, strictly speaking, be correct in saying that Huddersfield could be promoted to "the Premier League for the first time in their history", but their repeated attempts to suggest that football really started in 1992 are pretty irksome.
  • Options

Does THd ever get in the Huddersfield squad? Will he if they are promoted to the PL?

Does THd ever get in the Huddersfield squad? Will he if they are promoted to the PL?

Whoever wins the play offs out of these two will finish behind Palace next season sadly.

Came on last night around 70 minutes I think
    Correct... Looked really good as well, the commentators were impressed with one of his crosses

Has played 17-times for Huddersfield this season including the FA Cup defeat at the Etihad (again didnt look that bad against Man City I didnt think) yet has only played about nine games in the League
    we sell him and sign Page ... Ouch !!!
  • Options

Whoever wins the play offs out of these two will finish behind Palace next season sadly.

Correct... Looked really good as well, the commentators were impressed with one of his crosses

Has played 17-times for Huddersfield this season including the FA Cup defeat at the Etihad (again didnt look that bad against Man City I didnt think) yet has only played about nine games in the League
    Didn't see the game last night and had not realised he had got that much game time, pretty impressive for the young lad, what a move for him and surprised their fan that posts on here sometimes has not been back to gloat about their bargain. Saw him in a youth game for us some years ago and thought he stood out head and shoulders over every player on the pitch so was gutted to lose him end of last season. Still not sure what happened - did he force a move or was it one of our many incompetent managers that decided to bin him off?
  • Options
    I see their bench had Hudson, THD and Martin Cranie. I was surprised that Cranie has actually played more games for us than THD

• Options

Didn't see the game last night and had not realised he had got that much game time, pretty impressive for the young lad, what a move for him and surprised their fan that posts on here sometimes has not been back to gloat about their bargain. Saw him in a youth game for us some years ago and thought he stood out head and shoulders over every player on the pitch so was gutted to lose him end of last season. Still not sure what happened - did he force a move or was it one of our many incompetent managers that decided to bin him off?

Slade did not fancy him!
  • Options

we sell him and sign Page ... Ouch !!!
    Continues to follow the pattern of bringing in inferior players to ones sold.
  • Options
    If Reading get through, I would fully expect them to discard Yann, as Bournemouth did, great player, but doesn't quite have the pace necessaire in the Prem.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    THD Could have been first choice here.

I agree r.e Yann, but I think he'll get the opportunity then be sold/retire in the Yannuary transfer window. (The window he always leaves in ever since he joined CAFC in 2011)

• Options

If Reading get through, I would fully expect them to discard Yann, as Bournemouth did, great player, but doesn't quite have the pace necessaire in the Prem.

didn't they discard him after their first season in the PL?

• Options

didn't they discard him after their first season in the PL?

Nope he went in the Yannuary transfer window.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I think if he was 10 years younger they'd be willing to give him a go in the prem. Infact he'd be hot property. I so think he could do it in the prem and I don't think Bournemouth really have him a chance.

I think Reading will give him more of a go. Bournemouth had a much stronger squad than Reading do ans had olenty of players who could step up a level so they could afford to chase a few strikers. I'm not sure Reading have a squad anywhere near as strong as that and will need strengthening in plenty of areas. Yawn is pretty much their main man right now so think they will at least give him a proper run.

If it doesn't work I reckon they will let him go out on loan from Jan and he will see out his last few months of his career at home at the valley. (Okay he will go to the championship but a guy can dream right?)
  • Options
    Dont you just get so angry when you think of the decisions THEY made re Yann-and the subsequent financial repercussions.
    If Carlsberg did cock-ups.