Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ben Reeves - DONE DEAL 2 year contract page 4

Comments

• Options

DA9 said:

DA9 said:

At last!

Reeves clearly wouldn't commit to anything longer, as he wants to see what division we're in next summer, which is probably fair enough

Do you have proof we offered more than 2 years?

Perhaps, as KR knows his strengths, weaknesses, and took into consideration his injury record we only offered 2 years?
    At a wild guess, the contract length and salary probably reflects that Charlton are going to go all out to push for promotion this season and the contract will get revisited next season whichever division we are in with a year still to run to give both sides some breathing space for whatever course of action is appropriate.
    That's my take on it, but only 4-5 people will ever know the truth.
    BR, his agent, KR, KM, RD & Murray

The rest is speculation and guess work
    that's six
    True

Pedant
  • Options

Brilliant signing............we know have all these attacking midfielders & no-one to put the ball into the fecking net - expect to see the ball going into the box & coming back out again as we will have no feckers in there - they can't all score worldies from 30 yards, sometimes a tap in from 5 yards will do the trick. I bet Killer is glad he's not 40 years younger & playing for KR - wouldn't have got a kick.

Mick McCarthy said as much.

• Options
    Redhenry said:

DA9 said:

At last!

Reeves clearly wouldn't commit to anything longer, as he wants to see what division we're in next summer, which is probably fair enough

Perhaps, as KR knows his strengths, weaknesses, and took into consideration his injury record we only offered 2 years?
    Most likely is the player wanted 3 and we only offered 2 years, maybe that's why it's taken so long. An agent would always advise a player to take a longer contract.
    More likely the other way round, as next summer he'll be able to review the situation - did we get promoted etc - and negotiate his new contract in a position of strength, which is what players with 1 year left have.

If Holmes had signed a 4 year deal last summer, he wouldn't have got the new (and better) contract this summer
  • Options
    Reeves has seen things you people will never believe..

• Options
    "Attacking midfielders on fire off the shoulder of O'Brien..."
  • Options
    edited August 2017

Fuck we've got some curmudgeonly oxygen thieves on here trolling our club, thinking and pretending that they're supporters. You're a fucking joke. Please carry on staying away and generally fuck off. You're boring.

Put your tin hat on mate the natives won't like you voicing your opinion. Well said by the way.
    Maybe it's you who needs a tinfoil hat. There is no-one out to get you. You have the right to express your opinion, others have the right to disagree. That's life.
  • Options
    I have to admit I don't really know a lot about Reeves but all the talk seems to be good about him. I'm not bothering to look at a YouTube video as I've been burned by those before but I'm looking forward to seeing him play. Regarding his injury record, it's not great but considering we'll likely be seeing a certain amount of rotation between him and Clarke anyway it'll hopefully reduce the amount he gets injured, and we'll have cover even if he does. I am not unpleased.

Need another striker now
  • Options

Brilliant signing............we know have all these attacking midfielders & no-one to put the ball into the fecking net - expect to see the ball going into the box & coming back out again as we will have no feckers in there - they can't all score worldies from 30 yards, sometimes a tap in from 5 yards will do the trick. I bet Killer is glad he's not 40 years younger & playing for KR - wouldn't have got a kick.

Which is why we scored 2 headers against his side, in the box, 2 more goals along the deck, in the box, and 2 goals from just outside the box, both within 25 yards...
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Which is why we scored 2 headers against his side, in the box, 2 more goals along the deck, in the box, and 2 goals from just outside the box, both within 25 yards...
    Whoosh

• Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZmXS26PNBA

Some cracking goals and assists in there... not that you can pay much credence to youtube vids but the lad can clearly play a bit.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    DA9 said:

DA9 said:

At last!

At a wild guess, the contract length and salary probably reflects that Charlton are going to go all out to push for promotion this season and the contract will get revisited next season whichever division we are in with a year still to run to give both sides some breathing space for whatever course of action is appropriate.
    That's my take on it, but only 4-5 people will ever know the truth.
    BR, his agent, KR, KM, RD & Murray

The rest is speculation and guess work
    You're forgetting the Global Aministrator from that list!
  • Options
    A team that wants to be sucessful must have characters that are prepared to stand up and be counted. Not fold up and hide. For the first time in a while now I get the feeling that we have enough of those players to make a difference.
  • Options
    Watching that YouTube compilation, for a player who is left footed, he scored some belters with his right...
  • Options
    Weeks behind the others in pre season so don't rush him in too quickly, otherwise he could be out for weeks on end.
  • Options
    Excited for this season.
  • Options

Anyone know what Reeves is like? I've only seen MK fans slag him off today

Don't know why any of them are slagging him off. He's not a perfect player by any means, but he's definitely one of the better players in this league.

He was part of anything decent we've achieved in recent years - got 3 assists against Man Utd in the League Cup, usually gets the most assists for us each season and scores his fair shares of goals. I'd say after Dele Alli, Grigg and Afobe, Reeves was our 4th best player in our promotion season.

Last season, our best all round player, second top scorer and most assists.

Got to be up there with Holmes as one of the two best strikers of the ball from outside the box in the league.

Positives:
    - Brilliant around the edge of the box working alongside team mates
    - Excellent at shooting and getting it on target from outside the box
    - Decent eye for a pass
    - Was one of our penalty takers

Negatives:
    - Very injury prone, almost Wilshere/Sturridge levels (guaranteed to miss at least a few weeks/months out each season)
    - Small frame, can get bullied off the ball easily by defenders

Just to illustrate how injury prone he is:
    16/17: Missed 10 games
    15/16: Missed 24 games
    14/15: Missed 15 games
    13/14: Missed 9 games

I'd be particularly concerned as he hasn't had a pre-season so won't be up to speed compared to previous seasons fitness wise. Although if he stays fit, and gets a run of games, he will be one of your standout players.

Overall:
    Any MK supporter saying we won't miss him is wrong. I would have liked him to sign a new contract with us, he is one of the best #10s in the league, no doubt. On paper, you have a very decent starting 11 and I'd expect you to be in the top 6 for most of the season.

However, luckily for us we have also recruited well, plenty of quality, all but two of our first 11 have won promotion from L1 at least once in recent seasons, and the rest were playing in the Championship. Also brought in loan signings with a combined value of over £10m (Tshibola, Ariyibi, Ebanks-Landell, Seager).

Reeves will serve you well - he will score you a few screamers, pick out some ingenious passes and win you games. He's good enough for the Championship, just wrap him up in cotton wool whenever you can.
    Thanks for this @MKDinpeace - it's good to see you can still post on here despite @Leuth 's savage attack on you over xmas time, when he was feeling cranky
  • Options

Some cracking goals and assists in there... not that you can pay much credence to youtube vids but the lad can clearly play a bit.

You're just a blonde Dale Stephens...
  • Options
    I forgot about his Man U hattrick of assists.
  • Options

sam3110 said:

Whoosh

Not sure why it's a whoosh, I was reiterating the point he's not got a scooby
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

I forgot about his Man U hattrick of assists.

Yes but didn't Danny Green impress in that game?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Fuck we've got some curmudgeonly oxygen thieves on here trolling our club, thinking and pretending that they're supporters. You're a fucking joke. Please carry on staying away and generally fuck off. You're boring.

Put your tin hat on mate the natives won't like you voicing your opinion. Well said by the way.
    Maybe it's you who needs a tinfoil hat. There is no-one out to get you. You have the right to express your opinion, others have the right to disagree. That's life.
    History suggests that once you voice an opinion about getting behind the team it is met with a barrage of anti regime posts even to a point I was once called a "scab".
  • Options

History suggests that once you voice an opinion about getting behind the team it is met with a barrage of anti regime posts even to a point I was once called a "scab".
    zzzzz
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

You're just a blonde Dale Stephens...
    Please don't go up north to Brighton.
  • Options
    he did sign in the end then, I wasn't sure if it was going to happen as I heard about it months ago"
  • Options
    From that compilation, looks a naturally gifted and instinctive player unlike some of the manbots you see frequenting the game these days.

Quite excited to see him playing for us.
  • Options

Very good signing, we certainly have the best attacking options in the league now. My only real concern is not having a quality backup to Kashi if he gets injured again.

To be fair, how the Hell would we get a replacement for Kashi, at anywhere near the same quality?
    I wouldn't expect them to be as good as Kashi but we need better than Crofts imo. If Kashi gets a bad injury Crofts will be a regular and he's not top 6 quality.
    He's not even bottom 6 quality.
  • Options
    Reeves might be fragile, I get that. He was a free transfer though which mitigates the risk.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Reeves might be fragile, I get that. He was a free transfer though which mitigates the risk.

Having Billy Clarke too helps. I don't think he's promotion material but he's a very good squad player to have.
  • Options

seth plum said:

Having Billy Clarke too helps. I don't think he's promotion material but he's a very good squad player to have.
    And he looked quite good against Ipswich, pressed well and showed great composure to set up two goals. I still think he'll be a Marmite player, but he showed he has some quality. That said, on paper he was probably the weak link in the XI last Saturday so getting an upgrade in that position is a huge plus.