Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ben Reeves - DONE DEAL 2 year contract page 4

1234568»

Comments

• Options

How does Reeves compare to Dack in terms of quality?

From what I've seen Reeves is better technically and in terms of picking a pass. Fewer goals. Less busy. But he still works hard. I think he fits our system better. The big question as mentioned by @MKDinpeace (great post mate) is his injury problems. But I personally feel he has a bigger upside.
  • Options
    In Driessen we trust.
  • Options
    LoOkOuT said:

In Driessen we trust.

FIshing for LOLs LoOkOuT? I thought mods were meant to be above such things :-)
  • Options

seth plum said:

Reeves might be fragile, I get that. He was a free transfer though which mitigates the risk.

Having Billy Clarke too helps. I don't think he's promotion material but he's a very good squad player to have.
    I think Clarke might turn out to be a better player for us than Reeves.
  • Options

seth plum said:

Reeves might be fragile, I get that. He was a free transfer though which mitigates the risk.

Having Billy Clarke too helps. I don't think he's promotion material but he's a very good squad player to have.
    Possibly, evidence from recent league 1 seasons suggests Reeves is the better player though
  • Options

seth plum said:

Possibly, evidence from recent league 1 seasons suggests Reeves is the better player though
    maybe, maybe not. Bradford finished above MK Dons last season.
  • Options

seth plum said:

That means nothing, or is every single Chelsea player better than any Arsenal or Liverpool player?

The general feeling from Bradford fans is that they weren't bothered about Clarke, MK fans didn't feel same way about Reeves though
  • Options

seth plum said:

That means nothing, or is every single Chelsea player better than any Arsenal or Liverpool player?

The general feeling from Bradford fans is that they weren't bothered about Clarke, MK fans didn't feel same way about Reeves though
    It was you who cited "recent league one seasons" as evidence.
  • Options

seth plum said:

It was you who cited "recent league one seasons" as evidence.
    Yes as players, not teams as the comparison was Reeves and Clarke, not their respective teams
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

seth plum said:

Thats a big shout but Clarke played well Saturday doing the often unoticed bits well.
  • Options
    Makes you wonder why he wasn't keeping himself fit over the summer?
  • Options

He was, but he is not match fit.

• Options
    dickplumb said:

So what is the difference, other than playing matches?

Couldn't that be replicated in some other way?
  • Options

dickplumb said:

So what is the difference, other than playing matches?

Couldn't that be replicated in some other way?
    That is what the coaches are doing with him this week, then sub for Saturday and starting 11 against Norwich next Tuesday
  • Options
    never bought into the term 'match fit' you are either fit to play or not
  • Options

You can be fit, but there is a difference between being fit and being fit enough to play a high intensity football match for 90 minutes. Hence the maxim match fit.

• Options

So, Usain Bolt is very fit. How do you think he'd do in a marathon?
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

You can be fit, but there is a difference between being fit and being fit enough to play a high intensity football match for 90 minutes. Hence the maxim match fit.

I always thought being fit was able to sustain the physical demands of football, but match fit meant you had played enough games to have got your touch/finishing/game awareness up to scratch?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    just think it's a lame excuse personally.
  • Options

Usain Bolt could play for Manchester United - if he recovers from injury in time

The Jamaican could appear at a United legends match against Barcelona at Old Trafford, according to reports
  • Options

Better than me.

• Options
    edited August 2017

dickplumb said:

I always thought being fit was able to sustain the physical demands of football, but match fit meant you had played enough games to have got your touch/finishing/game awareness up to scratch?
    That's exactly how I would describe Match Fit over being simply fit enough to play. Lots of players come back from injury slowly and then recover their fitness but getting past that period of being 'a bit rusty' takes time and it is then that they can be considered match fit. Think Reeves needs time to get back to his best - even if he is 'fit'. In the 'old days' of Reserves that was always a good way of regaining some element of match fitness before being thrown back in (ala Magennis).