Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

May Council Elections

124»

Comments

• Options
    Leuth said:

Saga Lout said:

Leuth said:

Saga Lout said:

Leuth said:

Anyone celebrating the fall of UKIP is a f**king moron

Cheers mate - I'm a f**king moron then.
    I refer you to the article helpfully posted by WSS one post later. You think the Blackshirts Squad won't secede from Mother Tory as soon as there's another fight to win? We've nailed Johnny this time, but who's next? Maybe criminals? Forfeited their rights mate. Should just shoot them all.
    I genuinely don't understand what you are saying?

I scanned that article and it looks to me like the UKIPPERS are sloping back to the Tory party, so UKIP as an official party is dead and I will celebrate that.
    I'm saying that Labour, our official opposition, are now effectively Momentum. If Labour moderate their policies in a manner which displeasures your typical SJW, watch the goon squad mobilise once again, as if out of thin air!
  • Options
    Is the phrase 'Tories moderate their policies' the right one?
    Maybe it is about moderate Tories speaking out.
    However if you look at how marginalised voices like Ken Clark and John Major seem now, once at the centre of Tory activity, you realise how dramatically things have shifted.
    I for one thought I would never hear or see hide nor hair of John Redwood again, and look at him! Strutting around giving opinions and interviews...sheesh!
    Corbyn frightens a lot of people because he seems so left wing, but the right have moved away from his position so far and hence they have made him appear extreme.
    An individual bloke who probably incapable is Corbyn, but his ideas are the extreme ones? Like a decent and more balanced society?
    Eye of the storm Redwood, or marginalised Corbyn, I know which one I would choose.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
  • Options
    The result for Swanscombe and Greenhithe went to Peter Harman who was elected with 43% of the vote. He is a member of the Swanscombe and Greenhithe Residents Association (Party) ... Freedom for Swanscombe!
  • Options

Leuth said:

Saga Lout said:

Leuth said:

Saga Lout said:

Leuth said:

I refer you to the article helpfully posted by WSS one post later. You think the Blackshirts Squad won't secede from Mother Tory as soon as there's another fight to win? We've nailed Johnny this time, but who's next? Maybe criminals? Forfeited their rights mate. Should just shoot them all.

I scanned that article and it looks to me like the UKIPPERS are sloping back to the Tory party, so UKIP as an official party is dead and I will celebrate that.
    I'm saying that Labour, our official opposition, are now effectively Momentum. If Labour moderate their policies in a manner which displeasures your typical SJW, watch the goon squad mobilise once again, as if out of thin air!
    This analogy doesn't work and will be swiftly and brutally destroyed after this election. Also, anyone who uses SJW is someone who feels threatened by equal rights, nice to know we have an active Pepe presence though
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Leuth said:

Saga Lout said:

Leuth said:

Saga Lout said:

Leuth said:

This analogy doesn't work and will be swiftly and brutally destroyed after this election. Also, anyone who uses SJW is someone who feels threatened by equal rights, nice to know we have an active Pepe presence though
    Or it was a tongue in cheek response that you took far too seriously. Btw what is a Pepe presence?
  • Options

The collapse of the Lincolnshire UKIP vote (and almost certainly the UKIP vote nationwide) is because Brexit happened .. UKIP has served it's purpose .. it'll probably continue as a pressure group but any hopes of gaining real electoral power have gone .. Farage knew this a long time ago ..

over 3 million voted for UKIP last time around .. at the next general election I'll wager almost all will vote tory, illogically also, a few will vote green ..
    Grimsby is a die hard Labour stronghold and despite the referendum vote in favour of Brexit across the borough, the lovely Melanie Onn will retain her seat .. and a very nice one it is

It's possibly counterintuiative but not illogical that some UKIP will vote Green. I am a Green councillor and many of the UKIP councillor votes on planning and development are similar to ours. They also want a rebalancing of the economy, stopping offensive action such as Iraq and Afghanistan and sustainable energy. That said, I would not want Nigel Farage or Paul Nuttall involved in our leadership.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Ate you able to elucidate on that?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think she might need medical assistance.
  • Options
    Chizz said:

Leuth said:

Ate you able to elucidate on that?
    He did at 4.43pm.
  • Options

The collapse of the Lincolnshire UKIP vote (and almost certainly the UKIP vote nationwide) is because Brexit happened .. UKIP has served it's purpose .. it'll probably continue as a pressure group but any hopes of gaining real electoral power have gone .. Farage knew this a long time ago ..

over 3 million voted for UKIP last time around .. at the next general election I'll wager almost all will vote tory, illogically also, a few will vote green ..
    Grimsby is a die hard Labour stronghold and despite the referendum vote in favour of Brexit across the borough, the lovely Melanie Onn will retain her seat .. and a very nice one it is

It's possibly counterintuiative but not illogical that some UKIP will vote Green. I am a Green councillor and many of the UKIP councillor votes on planning and development are similar to ours. They also want a rebalancing of the economy, stopping offensive action such as Iraq and Afghanistan and sustainable energy. That said, I would not want Nigel Farage or Paul Nuttall involved in our leadership.
    interesting .. it's always the smaller and more innovative political parties who are least in favour of 'business as usual' where 'the economy' (stupid) is the be all and nearly end all of policy decisions and national obsessions ..
    I know Ukip voters who when asked a question on the lines of .. 'are you not worried that the economy and trade will suffer if the UK leaves the EU ?' would reply a bit like this .. 'there are more important things than money and economic growth .. clean water, fresh air, community cohesion and independence are far more important than a flash car or a Rolex watch' ..

Ukip and Green Party voters and sympathisers are not generally the idiotic fascists or left wing loonies that they are all too often portrayed as .. and there are a lot of them out there .. the June election will be all about Brexit .. after that, the game will be wide open again in 2022 or whenever the next GE after this June will take place
  • Options
    Was pleased to see that the Rubbish Party candidate won a seat in Scotland on an anti litter, anti fly tipping ticket. It is a pity that the real "rubbish " party (UKIP) managed to win one seat as well!
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Just shut up! Stop the lies! If you don't know say 'I don't know'.

I actually think that she might be loosing the plot. For her own mental health it might be best for her to take a back seat.
    Seriously, I can't think of any other explanation of her recent interviews and despite not agreeing with most of her politics it's not comfortable viewing recently.
  • Options

interesting .. it's always the smaller and more innovative political parties who are least in favour of 'business as usual' where 'the economy' (stupid) is the be all and nearly end all of policy decisions and national obsessions ..
    I know Ukip voters who when asked a question on the lines of .. 'are you not worried that the economy and trade will suffer if the UK leaves the EU ?' would reply a bit like this .. 'there are more important things than money and economic growth .. clean water, fresh air, community cohesion and independence are far more important than a flash car or a Rolex watch' ..

Ukip and Green Party voters and sympathisers are not generally the idiotic fascists or left wing loonies that they are all too often portrayed as .. and there are a lot of them out there .. the June election will be all about Brexit .. after that, the game will be wide open again in 2022 or whenever the next GE after this June will take place
    Lol! Thank you - your last paragraph is very refreshing. Both parties have their fringe elements. But in my experience, the majority actually want things to be better for real people, not just some macroeconomic measures. And both parties are prepared to challenge the orthodoxy of current thinking.
  • Options

If the June election is all about Brexit it would be nice if the Tories told us first how they're going to do it.
    All we have so far is that May is going to be a 'bloody difficult woman'. As far as I am concerned they don't even have to tell us everything, just how they're going to solve the Irish land border problem will do for me to be getting on with.
  • Options

Dazzler21 said:

I actually think that she might be loosing the plot. For her own mental health it might be best for her to take a back seat.
    Seriously, I can't think of any other explanation of her recent interviews and despite not agreeing with most of her politics it's not comfortable viewing recently.
    You may be right but I would say it was more likely just pure incompetence .
  • Options
    Never mind tactical voting, labour need tactical appealing to the electorate
  • Options

Dazzler21 said:

or it could be a very cunning Labour party plot .. A Bit Like This ...

Poor Dianne, she means so well she is just like my poor old aunt/grandma/mum/schoolteacher/cubs mistress .. she needs support and a big hug, she gets confused with all the billions and trillions .. she's just like us, can't cope with the modern world and has to bluster and improvise when challenged about things of which she is supposed to know a lot but actually knows so little ..
    poor Dianne and her old boyfriend Jeremy Whatsit .. they might be useless but they need help and they mean well bless 'em ..
    I am gonna support Dianne, Jeremy and vote for whatever crazy gang member and pal of theirs is standing in my constituency
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Lol! Thank you - your last paragraph is very refreshing. Both parties have their fringe elements. But in my experience, the majority actually want things to be better for real people, not just some macroeconomic measures. And both parties are prepared to challenge the orthodoxy of current thinking.

EXACTLY !!
  • Options

I know Ukip voters who when asked a question on the lines of .. 'are you not worried that the economy and trade will suffer if the UK leaves the EU ?' would reply a bit like this .. 'there are more important things than money and economic growth .. clean water, fresh air
    at which point the irony meter broke and had to be taken in for repairs
  • Options
    Leuth said:

I know Ukip voters who when asked a question on the lines of .. 'are you not worried that the economy and trade will suffer if the UK leaves the EU ?' would reply a bit like this .. 'there are more important things than money and economic growth .. clean water, fresh air
    at which point the irony meter broke and had to be taken in for repairs
    as all too often with you, I have not the foggiest idea what you're on about ..
  • Options
    As you're the one who claimed that leaving the EU would lead to cleaner water and air, we are in a state of mutual incomprehension :)
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    So depressing, considering the tories really don't want council to exist in any form whatsoever, apart from maybe giving contracts to their best friends.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

As you're the one who claimed that leaving the EU would lead to cleaner water and air, we are in a state of mutual incomprehension :)

did I type that about me? I don't think so .. read again what I ACTUALLY typed ..

your confusing 'analysis' of others' opinions would be helped and clarified if you actually properly read what others typed and not what you think or wished they had opined
  • Options
    OK, so you admit that these folk, while well-meaning, are (on environmental issues at least) deluded?