Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lions Tour 2017

Comments

• Options

Vinupolo lost the plot there......think he gave away three pens in pretty short time and of course eventually got a yellow.

Gatland missed a trick not getting him off after the 2nd pen he gave away.

On a separate note, thought Lawes was immense when he came on - probably played himself in to the team after today's performance and also last Tuesday's.

He played well but his lack of Welsh ancestry will count against him.
    I hope not. Surely Gatland won't let seniment get in the way......again.
  • Options
    edited July 2017

Vinupolo lost the plot there......think he gave away three pens in pretty short time and of course eventually got a yellow.

On a separate note, thought Lawes was immense when he came on - probably played himself in to the team after today's performance and also last Tuesday's.

I hope not. Surely Gatland won't let seniment get in the way......again.
    I'm not being all that serious. Gatland dropping Te'o was a big call given his impact (in every sense) during the first test and Te'o ticked a lot of supposed favouritism boxes.
  • Options
    What a game it's going to be next week.
  • Options
    edited July 2017

Odd comment......care to explain?
  • Options
    Some great interviews after the game. Not often anyone wins in New Zealand so well worth savouring.
  • Options

Odd comment......care to explain?
    It was a flippant comment about Gatland picking his Welsh favourites ahead of other home nation players. There was a lot of talk about it ahead of the first test when Itoje started on the bench.
  • Options
    Very entertaining game and a great win. Sonny Bill deserved the red - blatant dangerous foul play.

Lawes and Itoje must both start next week and Mako on the bench (McGrath).

We have a squeak of a chance but ABs still big favourites.
  • Options
    Well done the Lions.
  • Options
    My colleague is Maro Itojes aunt and godmother. She'll be so made up.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    iainment said:

My colleague is Maro Itojes aunt and godmother. She'll be so made up.

That lad is one hell of a player......a complete natural I have to say.
  • Options
    Fantastic win for the Lions but you just have to admire the ABs. They are magnificent. If it had been us down to 14 players they would have absolutely steamrollered us.
  • Options
    Great win, thought Sexton and Farrell combined really well all match although Farrell might have been in for a tougher day had SBW stayed on the pitch. Itoje was immense, met him with my son last year, super quiet bloke but an absolute physical monster. Watched the game at the local rugby club, brilliant atmosphere. Will be tough to win next week but expecting another brutal and tense match. International rugby really is sport at its best.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Davo55 said:

Fantastic win for the Lions but you just have to admire the ABs. They are magnificent. If it had been us down to 14 players they would have absolutely steamrollered us.

What like they were before he got sent off.....or when they both had 14 a side?
    Complete drivel Davo.......we more than held our own!
  • Options
    didnt we score more points when both teams were down to 14 ?
  • Options

Davo55 said:

Err, before he was sent off it was 15 a side and for 10 mins it was 14 a side.

At no point did the All Blacks have a man advantage.

I think the vast majority would agree with Davo, that had the All Blacks had a man advantage, for the same period of time, they would have run out easy winners.

I can't see many agreeing with your opinion tbh.
  • Options
    edited July 2017

Davo55 said:

I think the vast majority would agree with Davo, that had the All Blacks had a man advantage, for the same period of time, they would have run out easy winners.

Like all the commentators and even the AB's head coach......to say they would have "absolutely steam rollered us " is ridiculous. One could say they might have won and that I can accept, but to say steam rollered us is way OTT. We weren't there for the taking at any point in the game it was neck and neck.....give us some credit FFS and stop making out the AB's are super human in some way.
    We proved without doubt that they aren't.
    I hope the Lions and the coaching staff aren't of the same mind set as you, cos if they are we'll be f***ed before we even kick off on Saturday.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Davo55 said:

Like all the commentators and even the AB's head coach......to say they would have "absolutely steam rollered us " is ridiculous. One could say they might have won and that I can accept, but to say steam rollered us is way OTT. We weren't there for the taking at any point in the game it was neck and neck.....give us some credit FFS and stop making out the AB's are super human in some way.
    I hope the Lions and the coaching staff aren't of the same mind set as you, cos if they are we'll be f***ed before we even kick off on Saturday.
    Agreed.
  • Options
    The positive for Saturday was that the Lions made errors and won. They won without having a perfect game so they have to have a chance.
  • Options
    Know it was early but thought the Lions were edging it before Williams shoulder charge. If they can cut out the stupid pens then they have a slim chance.
  • Options

Davo55 said:

A bit of an over reaction mate. I think the Lions were fantastic - to win against the AB's on their home turf is as good as it gets. But they pushed us so hard even though we had a man advantage for most of the game. Their discipline, fitness, power, tactical awareness is second to none. In my opinion, if they had had a man advantage over the Lions for so long they would have won much more convincingly. Just an opinion.
  • Options
    I've already told the wife not to disturb me next Saturday. The Lions, 1st test v SA & Wimbledon can't wait.
  • Options
    Discipline is a key part of Rugby, if Williams can't help himself from taking a cheap shot at an opponent then that's his problem and his team's problem too - all other arguments about 'Would have done this or that" are irrelevant.

Personally I think the best is yet to come from this Lions team, they tend to produce their best performances in the 3rd Test [ SA in 2009, Wallabies in 2013] as they have gelled together more by that stage.

The only danger is that the bloody All Blacks will have improved as well! I reckon either the All Blacks will blow us away with an incredible performance or Farrell will kick us to a narrow win.
  • Options
    The Lions really have to battle the odds to win on Saturday. The All Blacks haven't lost at Eden Park for 23 years and have won 38 Tests on the trot at that ground.

The ABs have only lost four games on Hansen's watch and on each occasion have bounced back with an immediate victory.

Which will make a win on Saturday all the sweeter.
  • Options
    They have to be more disciplined than they were on Saturday for certain. If they are, they can do it. They are clearly not favourites but they have a chance!
  • Options
    All Blacks to win by twenty or more points.
  • Options

The Lions really have to battle the odds to win on Saturday. The All Blacks haven't lost at Eden Park for 23 years and have won 38 Tests on the trot at that ground.

The ABs have only lost four games on Hansen's watch and on each occasion have bounced back with an immediate victory.

Which will make a win on Saturday all the sweeter.

Well they'd won 48 on the trot at home before last saturday. Records are made to be broken!