Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lions Tour 2017

Comments

• Options

Lost 22-16 to the Blues.

didn't deserve to win .. a hodge podge arbitrary Lions selection just can't compete with ultra professional NZ teams which have been together for a long time, even though this game was close, at least the result if not the respective performances..

t b h, I have thought for quite a while that the Lions, although a worthy and honourable concept, is outdated ..
    they might just beat Australia, but against NZ there is just not enough time to mould a totally together and coherent team to take on the very best and in selecting 'the best' Lions side, there will always be too much compromise ..
    individual national teams have a much better chance, e.g. Ireland last year (a rare occurrence) .. national teams are accustomed to playing together and organising tactics in what is an increasingly pre-rehearsed and complicated sport

Now then, I hope that the Lions go on to prove me totally wrong and
  • Options
    Agree with Lincs...could be a very long month or so for our lads.

Was in NZ in December and the shirts were on sale in all the sports shops even then. The Lions continue because they are big money makers for the Souuthern hemisphere countries.

But a couple of weeks together, a ridiculous schedule, finishing with three test matches against the very best...all off the end of a bruising season. Bonkers.

The Kiwis were rubbing their hands with glee. They are lovely people, but they don't do losing in their own backyard.
  • Options
    Think there might be some easy money to be made betting against the lions on this tour sadly. Time to open an online betting account methinks.
  • Options

Think there might be some easy money to be made betting against the lions on this tour sadly. Time to open an online betting account methinks.

I can recommend a good one.
  • Options
    Great win against the Crusaders.
  • Options
    Danepak said:

What was the score?
  • Options
    They just might surprise a few, very good run out yesterday against a very, very good Crusaders team, also stopped them scoring a try which is remarkable given the Crusdaers form last 2 years.
  • Options

Danepak said:

What was the score?
    12-3
  • Options
    Danepak said:

Danepak said:

What was the score?
    12-3
    thanks
  • Options
    Match against the Highlanders can be followed on www.stuff.co.nz. It's 10-10 coming up to half time and a much better game than last Saturday (thanks to the ref)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    currently highlanders 23 - lions 22
  • Options
    And that's how it ended. Enterprising rugby from both sides. In fact the Lions out scored the Highlanders three tries to two. Otago (Highlanders) have a rich history of wins against the Lions going back to the 1950s and tonight was no different. Bugger.
  • Options
    As a matter of interest it was snowing in Dunedin tonight but the match was under cover so it didn't matter.
  • Options
    Decent game.
  • Options
    It was cold in the stadium but as said no wind and rain to deal with, no real snow just a few thick bits of rain every now and then. Good atmosphere with plenty of friendly banter. Shame about the missed penalties at the end. There's gona be a lot of thick heads in the morning
  • Options
    Going to be a tough one this morning.

What about the Scots winning in Australia?
  • Options
    34-6 to the Lions who were given a drubbing against the same side in 1994. Quite close in the first half but the Lions scored good tries for their convincing win. Onwards and upwards for the 1st Test on Saturday (and even more so for the following Test Saturday week which I'm going to)
  • Options
    Daly and Williams playing themselves right into form today. Would be happy to see either replace North for Saturday, North looks half the player of 4 years ago.
  • Options
    That's impressive.

Watched the other mobs Haka this morning and it scared the life out of me!
  • Options
    So apparently I have to post this here.

Where are you watching the first test?

I'm in Belushis in Greenwich.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The Lions best chance is to catch the Kiwis off-guard in the 1st Test and then sneak a win in one of the remaining two Tests by grinding out a win.

Once the Kiwis get a head of steam up at home they have so many attacking options that they are close to unbeatable.

How many other countries could field PROVINCIAL teams that can handily beat a combined team of four COUNTRIES?

Incredible.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    iainment said:

If I can get out of bed after the previous night drinking, then in my local. If not will stay in bed and watch it.

Quite surprised at the starting line up.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/40361354

• Options
    I've watched every game so far and have yet to see a team performance that sets the pulse racing.
    Defensively we are very good but offensively I'm seeing way too many unforced handling errors.
    We can only hope that on the day we raise our game, because we bloody well need to!
    I don't think The All Blacks set up have seen anything from us thus far that gives them much cause for concern.......but who knows, maybe that will work in our favour.
  • Options

iainment said:

If I can get out of bed after the previous night drinking, then in my local. If not will stay in bed and watch it.

Guess Gatland feels the only way to beat the all blacks is with impact off the bench in the last 20. Bullish decision, lets see how it gets on.
  • Options
    I think the All Blacks will beat us by twenty points. They have too much firepower.
  • Options
    Very happy, and surprised, with the team he's picked. Would prefer Itoje to start with Lawes off the bench, but Wyn-Jones is still a class player, and would probably be asking for a bit too much for him to go without North, Warburton, Wyn-Jones and Halfpenny!
  • Options
    Glad to see Daly get a chance. He's capable of the unexpected.
  • Options
    Cafc95 said:

iainment said:

Guess Gatland feels the only way to beat the all blacks is with impact off the bench in the last 20. Bullish decision, lets see how it gets on.
    It's a good thought 95 but it's in the last 20 minutes that the ABs pile on the points with superior fitness and their own impact players.
  • Options
    Wrong shaped ball for me but il watch it just like I watch the Ryder Cup

I'm good mates with an ex Lion who played alongside BOD in 2001 and he has just flown out and reckons 0-3 and a proper hiding
  • Options

Wrong shaped ball for me but il watch it just like I watch the Ryder Cup

I'm good mates with an ex Lion who played alongside BOD in 2001 and he has just flown out and reckons 0-3 and a proper hiding

Who's your mate?