Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lions Tour 2017

Comments

• Options
    Does anyone know of any streams for tomorrow's first test? For us peasants who don't have sky.
  • Options

Does anyone know of any streams for tomorrow's first test? For us peasants who don't have sky.

Get yourself down to a local rugby club. I'm sure they'll all be open for business at 8:30 on Saturday morning
  • Options
    The Bull in Chislehurst is open at 8. I know this as they keep tweeting it.
  • Options
    Rob Henderson @kinveachyaddick
  • Options
    Very excited for the morning. Lions by 3. (Might be getting a bit carried away in my excitement!)
  • Options

Rob Henderson @kinveachyaddick

Nice!

Class player and proper good bloke from what I remember seeing/reading etc

Where you mates from? (if that doesn't sound too stalkerish!)

• Options
    Friend of a friend introduced but he has done a bit of work for the insurance company i work for when we used to sponsor the Challenge Cup so had a couple of weekends away in Dublin and Cardiff that were messy

Works on Cannon St so you might see him in one of the pubs nearby

• Options
    _MrDick said:

Get yourself down to a local rugby club. I'm sure they'll all be open for business at 8:30 on Saturday morning
    Won't be able to get down to one. No streams anyone is aware of?
  • Options

_MrDick said:

Won't be able to get down to one. No streams anyone is aware of?
    You'll definitely find one on cricfree.sx
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I have put a bet on the All Blacks to win by a margin of twenty or more points. I think New Zealand have too much pace and trickery for the Lions to cope with.
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

I have put a bet on the All Blacks to win by a margin of twenty or more points. I think New Zealand have too much pace and trickery for the Lions to cope with.

Good luck with your bet Dick. Conditions are wet though which could favour the Lions (according to those who know)
  • Options
    I hope the Lions prove me wrong. But they are a fearsome proposition in their own Country.
  • Options
    Expecting a 5-15 point defeat but can't wait. Come on the Lions!!
  • Options
    Damage limitation already.
    All Blacks awesome.
  • Options
    What a first half.
  • Options
    Great half, cracking try
  • Options
    Huge support for the Lions over there.
  • Options
    Cruise has lost the ball 4 times now!
  • Options
    Going to regret not scoring with our earlier pressure in the second half.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    the All Blacks are just a class or two above the Lions
  • Options

the All Blacks are just a class or two above the Lions

Yup
  • Options
    Cannot break the Kiwi defence
  • Options
    Poor old Dick
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Positive finish, let's hope they can make more of their hard work next week.
  • Options
    That was a good game, all blacks at their best.

Shame we gave away so many soppy penalties as that takes a game away from you on the board and mentally as well
  • Options
    Harsh scoring. Was on NZ -10 so at least something out of it.

• Options
    You can't afford to have an unhelpful ref against the All Blacks!
  • Options

You can't afford to have an unhelpful ref against the All Blacks!

A tad unfair. I don't think the ref had a bad game and certainly didn't influence the result.

Just beaten by a monumentally good team - they play another form of rugby to the one everyone else plays.
  • Options
    Fantastic first half and try of the match. With better finishing it might have been a different story. But with this All Blacks side you probably need at least a 15 point buffer going into the last quarter.

I saw the Lions beat the ABs in the 1990s in Wellington and surrounded as we were by the barmy army it was an afternoon to remember.

The classic though was in 1971, again in Wellington with the Lions playing the provincial team early in the tour. Gareth Edwards, Barry John and co gave Wellington the most glorious run-around winning 40 something 9. Edwards was doing little chips over the forwards and John was uncatachable and the crowd were going bananas calling out - you won't be doing that against the All Blacks. Actually that's exactly what they did and they went on to win the series.

So, with my excellent Lions record, watch out for great things next Saturday. I'll be there.

By the way, you guys unable to watch today's match on Sky - did you try and follow it on www.stuff.co.nz. I only ask because posters from all over Europe (including London) commented on line how much they appreciated the online posted commentary.