Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    JamesSeed said:

It’s all gone veeeeeeeeery quiet.

Greenie said:

Greenie said:

Greenie said:

Too many here would watch their mrs get shagged by the boss for 4 years and then when the boss has stopped shagging her and is just being a normal boss they would say oh it’s all ok now hes not doing anything wrong now .
    We have some proper lame fans, all deferential to Roly cos we’ve won a few games

That’s unfair. You cannot call fans lame for wanting to forgot the off field problems and concentrate on what could be a good season on the pitch.

Those defending him I don’t agree with, but some fans want to watch us win games and care little about the ownership issues, that doesn’t make them any less a fan.
    I disagree, of course it does, if you dont care about the clubs fortunes and only the teams fortune, then, at some point you wont have a club left to support.
    Sorry I don't agree. I accept people need to care about the long term future of the club. But do you believe Roland will allow us to go into administration? I don't, so although he isn't backing the club nor is he good for the club, I would still prefer us to get promotion under him then stay in League 1 under new owners.

So for me supporting the team and getting good results in the priority at this moment in time. If that makes me a 'lame' fan then so be it.
    bobmunro said:

addick05 said:

Too many here would watch their mrs get shagged by the boss for 4 years and then when the boss has stopped shagging her and is just being a normal boss they would say oh it’s all ok now hes not doing anything wrong now .
    We have some proper lame fans, all deferential to Roly cos we’ve won a few games

That’s unfair. You cannot call fans lame for wanting to forgot the off field problems and concentrate on what could be a good season on the pitch.

Those defending him I don’t agree with, but some fans want to watch us win games and care little about the ownership issues, that doesn’t make them any less a fan.
    Agreed, but it doesn't make them any less short-sighted. What will their reaction be when all our best players leave because they are out of contract? This situation will arise even if we are promoted. This embarrassing takeover business must be sorted ASAP.
    Totally agree, but they are two different issues. Some fans prefer not to worry about things they have no control over. I don't think it is fair to say they are any less fans then those who spend their lives depressing over the fact that Roland is our owner.
    It's just as well that some fans do worry about things they have no control over otherwise we might still be playing at shithurst.
    @bobmunro nails it......not to mention the Belgium protesters, those that produced all the 'protest' items and all the protesters that gave up their time behind the main stand...but hey as long as you can just come and support the team thats all right.
    The protests were designed to get Roland out of the club. Last time I checked he was still the owner...
    Someone take the shovel away......!
    We are all entitled to our opinion pal. Mine is that it’s disrespectful to criticise the fans that go every week to support the players. I didn’t protest but I care about the future of Charlton hence why I want Roland out. But getting promotion also contributes to the future.

The fact is Roland is our owner, wants out and it will happen. In the meantime I will support the players as Bowyer has integrated some fighting spirit and im enjoying watching us play again.
    I’m quite sure everyone supports the players whether attending or not.
    But staying away takes some of that support away. And I am not criticising one person who is boycotting, I completely understand their reasons for it.

I think some of what I said has been taken out of context, but I stand by the fact that I don't agree with oohahh's comments. I think there is a big difference between saying "it's all ok now" as we're winning a few games and those who are putting the ownership issues to one side to support the side.

We all know Roland wants to sell and it will happen, so what's the point in continually slagging him off when we could instead be looking forward to Saturday afternoons again.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Whoever owns us at the end of the season, if all the good players out of contract are given new contracts and none of our better players sold, the club will be in a good place. If we are promoted as well, that will be the cherry on the top. I am not advocating I want RD to stay, as long as he does not do what he did to Standard Liège
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    CafcSCP said:

Where’s the grant to rangers come from

Apparently it’s being reported in the sun
    It must be true then ........ (!)

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Greenie said:

Greenie said:

I disagree, of course it does, if you dont care about the clubs fortunes and only the teams fortune, then, at some point you wont have a club left to support.
    Sorry I don't agree. I accept people need to care about the long term future of the club. But do you believe Roland will allow us to go into administration? I don't, so although he isn't backing the club nor is he good for the club, I would still prefer us to get promotion under him then stay in League 1 under new owners.

So for me supporting the team and getting good results in the priority at this moment in time. If that makes me a 'lame' fan then so be it.
    bobmunro said:

addick05 said:

Agreed, but it doesn't make them any less short-sighted. What will their reaction be when all our best players leave because they are out of contract? This situation will arise even if we are promoted. This embarrassing takeover business must be sorted ASAP.
    Totally agree, but they are two different issues. Some fans prefer not to worry about things they have no control over. I don't think it is fair to say they are any less fans then those who spend their lives depressing over the fact that Roland is our owner.
    It's just as well that some fans do worry about things they have no control over otherwise we might still be playing at shithurst.
    @bobmunro nails it......not to mention the Belgium protesters, those that produced all the 'protest' items and all the protesters that gave up their time behind the main stand...but hey as long as you can just come and support the team thats all right.
    The protests were designed to get Roland out of the club. Last time I checked he was still the owner...
    last time i checked he was 72 hours from selling...
    And had finally admitted that the club was for sale. The protests worked.
    They haven’t been as successful as hoped because he is still our owner.
    They still worked.

I don't think anyone thought that one protest or one trip to Belguim would make him sell for £1 to the next bidder.

I said many years ago we had no knock out punch and that we had to keep jabbing away to wear him down and that is just what the protests, the publicity, etc etc did hence we are within sight of what we wanted, a sale.

The protests worked.
    Possibly, I don't think we will ever know exactly how much of an effect they had. They obviously contributed but I doubt Roland will ever reveal exactly what impact they had.

As for being within sight, we were told this over 12 months ago. As I said, he is still here.
    He’ll never publicly reveal it because his ego won’t allow it.

But the fact he still mentions the protests in interviews means it had a great impact on the proposed sale of the club. If it didn’t contribute much to his decision then he wouldn’t talk about it now.
    Spot on
  • Options

Absolutely agree, and I want him out too. But I also enjoy watching the team play and backing them

JamesSeed said:

Greenie said:

Greenie said:

Greenie said:

bobmunro said:

addick05 said:

We are all entitled to our opinion pal. Mine is that it’s disrespectful to criticise the fans that go every week to support the players. I didn’t protest but I care about the future of Charlton hence why I want Roland out. But getting promotion also contributes to the future.

The fact is Roland is our owner, wants out and it will happen. In the meantime I will support the players as Bowyer has integrated some fighting spirit and im enjoying watching us play again.
    But staying away takes some of that support away. And I am not criticising one person who is boycotting, I completely understand their reasons for it.

I think some of what I said has been taken out of context, but I stand by the fact that I don't agree with oohahh's comments. I think there is a big difference between saying "it's all ok now" as we're winning a few games and those who are putting the ownership issues to one side to support the side.

We all know Roland wants to sell and it will happen, so what's the point in continually slagging him off when we could instead be looking forward to Saturday afternoons again.
    I’m saying a few wins doesn’t make it all alright and Roland is an owner worth having .
    The contract situation is a joke as is the management structure outside of the football pair who were the cheap options that fell in to place .
    I’m all for cheering the team on if you so wish, I do .
    But the punters who don’t go and abstain are making the biggest sacrifice .
    And I think the supporters who are indifferent to Roland are lame ducks who are happy to ignore his shitness of the past and can’t see past the next 4 months of football for our club.
    I understand people that don’t live and breath every bit of the club as some do but the bigger picture of the future of Charlton Athletic is more important than one promotion or not from League One .
    The poison that has damaged our club is still here and I’m not turning a blind eye to that and if you can’t see the bigger picture then lucky you Cos I know I can’t make the blind see .
    I was shouting that this owner was a joke experimenting with our club from season one but people couldn’t look beyond the 4 months of we’ve survived in the Championship when the writing was on the wall what that clown owner was doing and of course we have 3 years of league one dog shit as our neighbours feast at a higher table laughing at the joke owner to a point where it turns to pity because it’s so abysmal.
    Yes things might look rosey for 5 mins but I want another 113+ years of existence with less shit bits in it for the future and the future will be shit every minute the poison that is Roland is the owner of our club .
    Yeah I agree mate and perhaps I have slightly misunderstood what you meant. I apologise for any misunderstanding. I am by no means saying everything is rosy and I am 100% in agreement that Roland cannot be defended. Things will never be rosy with him in charge. I do see the bigger picture, I realise the contract situation is a joke and is a big worry.

All I was trying to say is that not all fans want to focus on that. Especially at a time when Roland is trying to sell the club. I don't think any of us know what the hold up/lack of progress it. It could be Roland's price, lack of money from the buyer or something else altogether. But the bottom line is he is actively trying to sell so criticising him for everything he has done in the past won't change anything now.

Success hasn't been a word used often under Roland's reign, but I for one am enjoying the stuff on the pitch. There are plenty of other fans who feel the same and they should be allowed to enjoy watching us win games without criticism IMO
  • Options

Greenie said:

Greenie said:

bobmunro said:

addick05 said:

last time i checked he was 72 hours from selling...
    And had finally admitted that the club was for sale. The protests worked.
    They haven’t been as successful as hoped because he is still our owner.
    They still worked.

I don't think anyone thought that one protest or one trip to Belguim would make him sell for £1 to the next bidder.

I said many years ago we had no knock out punch and that we had to keep jabbing away to wear him down and that is just what the protests, the publicity, etc etc did hence we are within sight of what we wanted, a sale.

The protests worked.
    Possibly, I don't think we will ever know exactly how much of an effect they had. They obviously contributed but I doubt Roland will ever reveal exactly what impact they had.

As for being within sight, we were told this over 12 months ago. As I said, he is still here.
    He’ll never publicly reveal it because his ego won’t allow it.

But the fact he still mentions the protests in interviews means it had a great impact on the proposed sale of the club. If it didn’t contribute much to his decision then he wouldn’t talk about it now.
    Yep, I agree. I believe they had an impact, I don't doubt it for a second.

I still stand by the fact we thought Roland would be gone by now and that they weren't as successful as hoped. But they had an impact I have never denied that.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

CafcSCP said:

Where’s the grant to rangers come from

Apparently it’s being reported in the sun
    It must be true then ........ (!)

Let’s just hope it’s not true!
    Bowyer did say that no key players will be leaving the club.
    Let’s hope he’s right.
  • Options

Not one group or individual of supporters is correct and not one group of supporters or individual supporter is correct

There is no right or wrong answer to the question of how do you demonstrate your unhappiness with RD

I am yet to find one person happy with him

However supporting Charlton is a personal choice that was made with out any logic just pure emotion based almost totally on the influence they have had on your family or friends prior to your own interaction with them

Therefore no one should tell or take the stance that they are anymore or any less of a supporter because of the actions they have shown during the most divided fan base we have ever endured due the actions shittiest owner in our history

Go
    Don’t go
    Spend
    Don’t spend

It matters not being Charlton is not defined by your action on match day

It’s defined by the person who fell in love with a team that offered little in chance of real highs but the real threat of lows just because we are not deluded to believe that we would ever be top of the pyramid

The self righteous voices of who and why one is better than the other is not Charlton it’s more fucking goonershiteesq than anything

Very well said !

And I have noted a new word that I was unaware of :smiley:

“Goonershiteesq”. Brilliant!!
  • Options
    I can’t stand him and want him out of our club ASAP..

I’m 100% enjoying the games and the football being played... if we don’t sell this month this team will go up
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Do people who are happy for Roland to stay until the summer realise that the team they are currently enjoying watching are very unlikely to be here next year?

We need a takeover now or at least in February. If not for any reason, but so that new owners can begin immediate contract negotiations with players due to leave for nothing at end of season.

Is there a single person who is happy for Roland to stay until the summer? I don't think so.

JamesSeed said:

Greenie said:

Greenie said:

Greenie said:

bobmunro said:

addick05 said:

Because Roland is a cnut of the highest order and we can never be a United and successfully club until he fucks off
    Have you considered becoming the next PM?
  • Options

There are a few, a very few, who still think RD is OK, the whole "be careful what you wish for nonsense" but those people will back an any owner regardless. As soon as the Aussies or whoever take over those fans will sing the new bosses praises.

I think there’ll be a few “the be careful what you wish for “ posse who will be looking to claim how it was better under Roland once a poor run of results happen under new owners .

There’s nowt so queer as folk ... wrong
    There’s nowt so queer as Charlton folk !

Oh, yes Some will be waiting, and already have their excuses ready, for the first set back under new owners to point out that this was all the protesters fault, it was better under RD, CARD have killed the club.

In their world if we don't get a crowd of 27,111 at the first game after the takeover this will prove that the boycott was a myth and that CARD was wrong.

If on the other hand things go well under good new owners the line will be "CARD delayed the takeover, we could have had this two years ago".
    If the new owners turn out to be better than Roland - CARD/protesting etc didn't get Roland out, it had nothing to do with them

If the new owners turn out to be worse than Roland - we said "be careful what you wish for", you said "anyone but Roland", thanks CARD/protesters/boycotters for killing the club
  • Options
    Trust Roland to not understand that you only have eleven players on the pitch.
  • Options

It's quite clear just how fundamental the protests have been in persuading Roland to sell, as a lot of posters have eloquently argued over the last couple of pages.

And these quotes from the rat himself (recorded by the Belgium 20 about a year ago I believe) pretty much put it to bed:

"The whole atmosphere got poisoned, and you know without the 12th man you cannot win, you cannot win. You need the 12th man otherwise you are, for example today huh, so as long as there is no 12th man again, there is no point in me investing sums of money in Charlton, makes no sense."

So in other words, if everyone had agreed with “stop moaning and got behind the team COYR” he wouldn’t be looking to sell.
  • Options
    what NLA said

PS if Tom from Eltham is reading this i still have no idea who he is or have ever met him
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!