Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    Will the real @JamesSeed please stand up? I repeat, will the real @JamesSeed please stand up? We’re gonna have a problem here...
  • Options
    1796, Rizla introduce cigarette rolling paper.
  • Options
    No way is It Murphy’s baby he is just the frontman of a poor band   
     I can tell you it is.
    if it is we are in more trouble than ever because on the supermarket scale of money he is lidl at best 

i would be shocked  if you are right there 
      I think we may be getting some wires crossed here.
     When I said it is his baby I mean that he was on board from conception and he has and I'm guessing still is having a big say on the strategy of the project. He told me as much when I spoke to him. 
    For that reason, as I said to HI, he would have  first hand knowledge of those that have committed financially, the money available and the prices being asked to pay.

At no point did I say he was the one with the financial clout.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
     I can tell you it is.
    if it is we are in more trouble than ever because on the supermarket scale of money he is lidl at best 

Could be way off beam here but by “Murphys baby” I take that to mean that it’s his idea. His plan. His blueprint to make it work. That’s a long way from saying it’s his money although no doubt he would invest what he could afford. 

Also never quite understood why any investor after having read the prospectus in which it states “to elevate the club to the EPL” would not think that the aim was going to be costly and not achievable without a serious financial commitment. Anything less than a serious financial commitment would be like flushing your money down the pan. Certainly Muir is a serious businessman and won’t have been hoodwinked by anyone to think that achieving the goals can be done on the cheap regardless of how good your business plan is. I’m assuming that other money people are equally as astute.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
     I can tell you it is.

I think we may be getting some wires crossed here.
     When I said it is his baby I mean that he was on board from conception and he has and I'm guessing still is having a big say on the strategy of the project. He told me as much when I spoke to him. 
    For that reason, as I said to HI, he would have  first hand knowledge of those that have committed financially, the money available and the prices being asked to pay.

At no point did I say he was the one with the financial clout.

Apologies in that context he is without A doubt as you describe 

• Options
    @nth london addick
    as a perennial dismisser of the Aussies financial abilities, could you kindly explain why and how you are so sure? Ta
  • Options

With all this takeover is immanent again bollox I wondered to myself when the next fans forum is.......??  tomorrow I hear you cry - now there's a surprise.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Taxi_Lad said:
    @nth london addick
    as a perennial dismisser of the Aussies financial abilities, could you kindly explain why and how you are so sure? Ta
    As I said earlier, their website touting for investors is a decent clue.
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    Stig said:
    Fair play Paddy, for having the patience to go through all that lot.
    Did you see how patient I was then? Did you?
    Careful now or you'll be accused of Russell Slade-ism ;-)
    I reckon Paddy's come back for a 1-1 draw
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Will the real @JamesSeed please stand up? I repeat, will the real @JamesSeed please stand up? We’re gonna have a problem here...

I only wish he could.
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:
    @nth london addick
    Is it though?? If that’s all he’s got to go on, that’s flaky at best. You can never have too much money. It’s certainly not an indicator that they haven’t got enough to proceed 
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:
    Taxi_Lad said:
    @nth london addick
    Is it though?? If that’s all he’s got to go on, that’s flaky at best. You can never have too much money. It’s certainly not an indicator that they haven’t got enough to proceed 
    But how can you then tell that investor, just say for example, when Charlton get promoted to the Premier League, and the consortium sells for an enormous profit: "Sorry, but we didn't use any of your money, so you get none of the profits."?
  • Options
    Assuming that the website is still live and investment is still open 
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:
    Taxi_Lad said:
    @nth london addick
    They were also aggressively looking for investors after initially filing EFL paperwork, once again suggesting funds were not in place.

I have no idea of NLAs sources but I very much doubt he'd just make stuff up for a laugh.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Taxi_Lad said:
    Taxi_Lad said:
    @nth london addick
    I asked about that a few weeks ago, and it's nothing to do with current financing, it's potentially for future financing opportunities, further down the line. I believe Sunderland have just accepted new investment, for example. How it works exactly, I have no idea. Not ‘aggressively’ seeking backing though. 

Also, as has been mentioned, GM is the man behind the consortium, but he's not an investor as far as I'm aware. Never asked tbh, but always assumed not. He does all the negotiating.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Taxi_Lad said:
    Taxi_Lad said:
    @nth london addick
    They were also aggressively looking for investors after initially filing EFL paperwork, once again suggesting funds were not in place.

I have no idea of NLAs sources but I very much doubt he'd just make stuff up for a laugh.
    Which is why I asked NLA. He has been so adamant I assume he has some concrete evidence 
  • Options
     I can tell you it is.

Could be way off bream here but by “Murphys baby” I take that to mean that it’s his idea. His plan. His blueprint to make it work. That’s a long way from saying it’s his money although no doubt he would invest what he could afford. 

Also never quite understood why any investor after having read the prospectus in which it states “to elevate the club to the EPL” would not think that the aim was going to be costly and not achievable without a serious financial commitment. Anything less than a serious financial commitment would be like flushing your money down the pan. Certainly Muir is a serious businessman and won’t have been hoodwinked by anyone to think that achieving the goals can be done on the cheap regardless of how good your business plan is. I’m assuming that other money people are equally as astute.
    is that what you meant ? 🙂
  • Options
    Fawaz Al-Hawasi... well in many respects I am glad he never came that close to buying us from Roland. With the Forest fans hating him and now this story about him taking their 1959 FA Cup trophy as his own personal possession:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/jun/25/nottingham-forest-demand-former-owner-return-replica-of-1959-fa-cup-fawaz-al-hasawi

So many bat-sh!t crazy people involved in football, I hope we get Dalman, someone who seems to understand the game and what is required to succeed.
  • Options
    It is possible to get an even worse owner than RD.....
  • Options
    I'd like to say no, but then I guess we could have had the Oyston's. He stitched them right up.
  • Options
    Sadly much worse

RD might have massively misguided views on how to run football clubs, but we've always been solvent  and he's never plundered us in the way some owners like the Oystons have
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    I'd like to say no, but then I guess we could have had the Oyston's. He stitched them right up.
    SISU as well. At least Roland for all his faults hasn't managed to leave us homeless.

As bad as RD is there are certainly worse out there.
  • Options
    Nothing good to say about Roland. 
    A total Shitweasel 
  • Options
    Nothing good to say about Roland. 
    A total Shitweasel 
    Lovely teeth in fairness
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!