Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options

Powell's achievement in 2012/13 was arguably greater than in 2011/12, if you take into account what was going on behind the scenes, which some people still seem unable to grasp as a factor. Having achieved that he had further resources withdrawn from him ahead of the 2013/14 season, but at least he was allowed to manage the football within that financial envelope. Then Roland arrived.

That 2012/13 season was crazy, 14 points separated relegation and a playoff spot!
  • Options

Powell's achievement in 2012/13 was arguably greater than in 2011/12, if you take into account what was going on behind the scenes, which some people still seem unable to grasp as a factor. Having achieved that he had further resources withdrawn from him ahead of the 2013/14 season, but at least he was allowed to manage the football within that financial envelope. Then Roland arrived.

That 2012/13 season was crazy, 14 points separated relegation and a playoff spot!
    Couldn't Millwall, due to games in hand, still have got relegated or promoted when the rest of the league only had 3 games left.
  • Options

I think the achievement is less that were were three points off the play-offs and more that we were 12 (including goal difference) off relegation. Powell got more points than Pardew had in 2007/08 with the benefit of parachute payments and a cohort of players who had been in the Premier League the previous season, despite being denied virtually all his original wish-list of signings.
    I certainly wasn't trying to belittle the achievement! just remembering how mad the season was, the Cardiff 5-4 games was absolutely unbelievable
  • Options
    Yeah.
  • Options
    Thought I’d opened the wrong thread here.
  • Options
    Us Charlton fans have been played.

The "takeover" is not going to happen any time soon at all.

It's a hoax.

Actions have been taken in order to try and get fans to shut up.

Roland Rat

Murrary Rat

Some other twat

And a bit of katrien crap

(Even though she left late 2017 and managed to stay clear of the further mess...)

Are all apart of f*cking the club up.

Partly because;

1. We mean nothing to them.

2. They are deeply egocentric.

Also because;

3. They are forever offended and annoyed that the fans had a backlash...and turned against them.

They also think they are clever.

The club is fucked.

Experiment continues.

Roland thinks about us on a daily basis. We are not 2% of his interests.

We are the pain that he wants to gradually crush...

And get away with destroying.

I think he has some bad plans.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dave2l said:

Us Charlton fans have been played.

The "takeover" is not going to happen any time soon at all.

It's a hoax.

Actions have been taken in order to try and get fans to shut up.

Roland Rat

Murrary Rat

Some other twat

And a bit of katrien crap

(Even though she left late 2017 and managed to stay clear of the further mess...)

Are all apart of f*cking the club up.

Partly because;

1. We mean nothing to them.

2. They are deeply egocentric.

Also because;

3. They are forever offended and annoyed that the fans had a backlash...and turned against them.

They also think they are clever.

The club is fucked.

Experiment continues.

Roland thinks about us on a daily basis. We are not 2% of his interests.

We are the pain that he wants to gradually crush...

And get away with destroying.

I think he has some bad plans.

There is some truth in a lot of this post.
  • Options

I think the achievement is less that were were three points off the play-offs and more that we were 12 (including goal difference) off relegation. Powell got more points than Pardew had in 2007/08 with the benefit of parachute payments and a cohort of players who had been in the Premier League the previous season, despite being denied virtually all his original wish-list of signings.
    Any meaningful takeover news Airmen?
  • Options

All about the price.
  • Options

All about the price.
    No sh1t, Sherlock.
  • Options
    edited November 2018

All about the price.
    No sh1t, Sherlock.
    I blame imodium.

(just an excuse to get it back on P1)
  • Options
    It'll soon be a YEAR since Katrien left...indeed Robinson left EIGHT months ago, in the expectation that new owners were about to come in and would replace him!
  • Options
    My big worry - and I'm sure I'm not alone in this - is just who will move in once the Belgian One has departed? Up to now the only people in the market (so we are led to believe) are the Aussies. A possible scenario is that they eventually pull put and we are taken over by a company/individual/consortium made up of venture capitalists who are only after making money quickly and care even less about Charlton than the present owner.
  • Options
    Saw 3 new posts since I last logged on and thought nothing was happening and was right
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2018
    addick05 said:

My big worry - and I'm sure I'm not alone in this - is just who will move in once the Belgian One has departed? Up to now the only people in the market (so we are led to believe) are the Aussies. A possible scenario is that they eventually pull put and we are taken over by a company/individual/consortium made up of venture capitalists who are only after making money quickly and care even less about Charlton than the present owner.

At least half a dozen parties have been “in the market”. The only way any owner is making money is by getting promoted to the Premier League. “Venture capitalists” would run a mile from the costs and risks of that.
  • Options
    No news is no news
  • Options
    So a journalist in Hungry came on here, took lardiman’s transcript of the RD interview, chucked it into google translate and stuck their name on the bottom of the article.
  • Options
    Mike Ashley in the USA to push through NUFC sale....?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!