Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options

Bowyer has to be given the job if he is / gets qualified. He's proved he deserves a crack at it.

Agreed, he clearly has a good tactical understanding and player management ability. Be interesting to see how he does in a player recruitment sense as it wont be something he has done before.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Cafc43v3r said:

Valley11 said:

Taxi_Lad said:

RD will sell. He ain’t going to stomach £1m loss each month for long. And if he had plans to stay he’d be needing to replace the CEO & CFO
    When those positions are advertised is the time to worry

The question of what happens to Lee Bowyer when the season ends is coming down the track too. Duchatelet can’t appoint a manager under current circumstances and I doubt if Bowyer would be impressed with being caretaker over a close season.
    And if Leeds move Heckingbottom on we could have the perfect storm.
    Clubs are not allowed to appoint any individual who has already held an interim position but not achieved the required qualifications. Leeds could not appoint Bowyer, even if they wanted to do so.
    bowyer has the uefa B licence meaning he can manage anyone from the championship and below.
    That’s not true. It is allowed in League One providing the manager is working towards the A licence. An A licence is required on appointment in the Championship. As it stands, he could not be appointed by Leeds. It’s a bit of a moot point since they are unlikely to want to appoint him anyway.

“Clubs may not appoint any individual who has already held an interim position until they have acquired the required qualifications.”
    Doesn't that mean an interim position at the appointing club?
    I think the wording is intended to cover a second interim appointment at any club.

40.1.1 all Managers in the Championship must hold a minimum of the UEFA A Licence and be working towards completing the UEFA Pro-Licence within 3 years of appointment.

40.1.2 all Managers in League 1 and League 2 must hold a minimum of the UEFA B Licence and be working towards completing the UEFA A Licence within 3 years of appointment.

40.2 Where a Club is promoted from League One to the Championship and that Club’s Manager does not hold the UEFA A Licence, the Manager shall have until 31st July in the following Season in which to obtain the UEFA A Licence.

40.3 Where a Club appoints a Manager on an interim basis that individual does not need to meet the qualifications set out in Regulation 40.1 above provided always that this dispensation shall not last beyond the end of the Season in which they are appointed. Further, Clubs may not appoint any individual who has already held an interim Manager position at a Club under this Regulation unless and until such time as they have acquired the qualification(s) required under Regulation 40.1.

Hence, under 40.2 Bowyer could manage Charlton in the Championship next season (providing that his status on promotion is acceptable under these rules) but under 40.1.1 he could not be appointed at Leeds, even on an interim basis (without getting an A licence).
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Valley11 said:

Taxi_Lad said:

RD will sell. He ain’t going to stomach £1m loss each month for long. And if he had plans to stay he’d be needing to replace the CEO & CFO

The question of what happens to Lee Bowyer when the season ends is coming down the track too. Duchatelet can’t appoint a manager under current circumstances and I doubt if Bowyer would be impressed with being caretaker over a close season.
    Clubs are not allowed to appoint any individual who has already held an interim position but not achieved the required qualifications. Leeds could not appoint Bowyer, even if they wanted to do so.
    bowyer has the uefa B licence meaning he can manage anyone from the championship and below.
    That’s not true. It is allowed in League One providing the manager is working towards the A licence. An A licence is required on appointment in the Championship. As it stands, he could not be appointed by Leeds. It’s a bit of a moot point since they are unlikely to want to appoint him anyway.

“Clubs may not appoint any individual who has already held an interim position until they have acquired the required qualifications.”
    Wouldn't have thought so.
  • Options
    That's intresting. Would put off people taking up interim positions, like at Chesterfield, that are only 1 or 2 games. Do you actually have to have a manager/head coach?
  • Options

Haven't posted this for about 10 days so here goes.

Just sell the club and FUCK OFF

You been ok hun? x

Was worried when we hadn’t heard from you x
  • Options
    So when's the take over happening then?
  • Options
    I have a feeling that today isn't the day.
  • Options
    Rothko said:

So when's the take over happening then?

Manana. That's official now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Bowyer has to be given the job if he is / gets qualified. He's proved he deserves a crack at it.

Agreed, he clearly has a good tactical understanding and player management ability. Be interesting to see how he does in a player recruitment sense as it wont be something he has done before.
    The last 10 managers of Charlton had f*ck all input in regards to player recruitment.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Well I think it’s fairly clear we won’t be celebrating a new owner at the Blackburn game.
  • Options

No comment from the ITK's again?

Is this ever going to happen?

Someone could always contact Richard Murray and get his latest fairytale slant on it.
  • Options

Cafc43v3r said:

That's intresting. Would put off people taking up interim positions, like at Chesterfield, that are only 1 or 2 games. Do you actually have to have a manager/head coach?

Quite an interesting question that - you don’t have to have a chairman, a functioning board, a chief executive or a finance director, it seems. What about a goalkeeper - another potential saving for the Belgian Turing?

Actually, scrub that - he tried it in early 2014.
    Shouldn't that read the Belgian Turd-ing ?
  • Options

Valley11 said:

Taxi_Lad said:

Since when have Leeds bothered about rules?
  • Options
    alangee said:

DOUCHER said:

Lets not get worked up about him not selling - all is going in line with what I was told after relegation - and what I said on here - 2 seasons to get us back up but a sale regardless after those 2 years - seen nothing to think that isn't going to be the case

Can you point to the post where you said this two years ago?
    It'll be there somewhere - around the summer everyone was rounding on me coz i said there had been a change in strategy, ditching of the network idea to try and get promoted, and I was told I was a beard or something by cardigan boy who was adamant there was no change.
  • Options

Cafc43v3r said:

Valley11 said:

Taxi_Lad said:

I think the wording is intended to cover a second interim appointment at any club.

40.1.1 all Managers in the Championship must hold a minimum of the UEFA A Licence and be working towards completing the UEFA Pro-Licence within 3 years of appointment.

40.1.2 all Managers in League 1 and League 2 must hold a minimum of the UEFA B Licence and be working towards completing the UEFA A Licence within 3 years of appointment.

40.2 Where a Club is promoted from League One to the Championship and that Club’s Manager does not hold the UEFA A Licence, the Manager shall have until 31st July in the following Season in which to obtain the UEFA A Licence.

40.3 Where a Club appoints a Manager on an interim basis that individual does not need to meet the qualifications set out in Regulation 40.1 above provided always that this dispensation shall not last beyond the end of the Season in which they are appointed. Further, Clubs may not appoint any individual who has already held an interim Manager position at a Club under this Regulation unless and until such time as they have acquired the qualification(s) required under Regulation 40.1.

Hence, under 40.2 Bowyer could manage Charlton in the Championship next season (providing that his status on promotion is acceptable under these rules) but under 40.1.1 he could not be appointed at Leeds, even on an interim basis (without getting an A licence).
    The bit I’ve put in bold refers to interim appointments under this regulation (ie Regulation 40.3). That doesn’t apply to Bowyer as, in his current role, he meets the qualifications set out in Regulation 40.1 ( ie holds a UEFA B licence [Regulation 40.1.2] which is all that is required in League 1). As he’s not been employed under Regulation 40.3, he can be employed by anyone in the Championship under Regulation 40.3 next year.

If I were a lawyer for a club wanting to employ him, that would be my argument and I’d expect to win.
  • Options
    edited April 2018

Cafc43v3r said:

Valley11 said:

Taxi_Lad said:

The bit I’ve put in bold refers to interim appointments under this regulation (ie Regulation 40.3). That doesn’t apply to Bowyer as, in his current role, he meets the qualifications set out in Regulation 40.1 ( ie holds a UEFA B licence [Regulation 40.1.2] which is all that is required in League 1). As he’s not been employed under Regulation 40.3, he can be employed by anyone in the Championship under Regulation 40.3 next year.

If I were a lawyer for a club wanting to employ him, that would be my argument and I’d expect to win.
    I’ll concede half of that. I agree he could be appointed on an interim basis by a Championship club because he isn’t covered by 40.3 at present.

But 40.3 relates exclusively to interim appointments. Whether or not “interim” is defined is a separate issue, but you can’t use a regulation about interim appointments to make a permanent one.

There is no provision in the rules for coaches with only a B licence to be appointed permanently at existing Championship clubs.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2018
    I don't know why anyone wants Roland to sell, have you guys not seen that we have improved our ranking with the new manager. Katie was right all along!
  • Options
    There's no way Duchâtelet won't still be owner next season.
  • Options

Cafc43v3r said:

Valley11 said:

Taxi_Lad said:

I’ll concede half of that. I agree he could be appointed on an interim basis by a Championship club because he isn’t covered by 40.3 at present.

But 40.3 relates exclusively to interim appointments. Whether or not “interim” is defined is a separate issue, but you can’t use a regulation about interim appointments to make a permanent one.

There is no provision in the rules for coaches with only a B licence to be appointed permanently at existing Championship clubs.

Yeah I know. But the question surely is whether Leeds could employ him? And they could, as an interim appointment for the first year while he does his A badge. Once he passes, his appointment is made permanent. If he fails to pass, he can’t stay on unless Leeds are relegated, in which case I’d doubt they’d want to keep him on anyway. But if he did fail to pass, he’d have to take a job below the championship or return to an assistant’s role.
    It seems to me the rules regarding interim appointments are purely designed to stop coaches holding jobs that are above their qualified status for more than one year. Which seems reasonable to me.

Whether Bowyer’s job at present is considered interim or not, he could be employed in the Championship by Charlton in the provisional sense (Reg 40.2) or by any other club in an interim capacity (Reg 40.3). Either way, he’d clearly need to get his A badge by July 2019 in order to continue at that level in the following season.
  • Options

I don't know why anyone wants Roland to sell, have you guys not seen that we have improved our ranking with the new manager. Katie was right all along!

I think we got squirrel face wrong on that line. Ranking was spelt wrong.
  • Options
    DRAddick said:

alangee said:

DOUCHER said:

Lets not get worked up about him not selling - all is going in line with what I was told after relegation - and what I said on here - 2 seasons to get us back up but a sale regardless after those 2 years - seen nothing to think that isn't going to be the case

Right after the ones saying there was no due diligence and the club wasn't for sale.
    Never said it weren't for sale but please don't bore everyone to death all over again
  • Options

People post War and Peace on here and don't get as may likes as your most agreeable sentence.
    I'm thinking of posting it again in a couple of days.
    I hope you like it:)
  • Options
    Macronate said:

You been ok hun? x

Was worried when we hadn’t heard from you x
    Didn't want to overdo it
  • Options

DOUCHER said:

alangee said:

DOUCHER said:

It'll be there somewhere - around the summer everyone was rounding on me coz i said there had been a change in strategy, ditching of the network idea to try and get promoted, and I was told I was a beard or something by cardigan boy who was adamant there was no change.
    So you spotted they had appointed a British manager and signed British players, which was obvious to everyone? The problem was that they were useless at that too, which some people couldn’t grasp.
    You've definitely become more prickly after the last year of printing dud info but don't start on me - it was cardigan claiming no change in strategy yet here we are on the verge of the play offs with no network players, another British manager and a British scouting set up - of course, he could have thrown more money at it last year and this ideally but only the most pig headed would argue no change in strategy since relegation
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!