Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    Taxi_Lad said:

RD will sell. He ain’t going to stomach £1m loss each month for long. And if he had plans to stay he’d be needing to replace the CEO & CFO
    When those positions are advertised is the time to worry

I think he’ll sell though he wouldn’t necessarily advertise for a CEO. He could appoint another Katrien from his network or other businesses.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Taxi_Lad said:

RD will sell. He ain’t going to stomach £1m loss each month for long. And if he had plans to stay he’d be needing to replace the CEO & CFO

I think he’ll sell though he wouldn’t necessarily advertise for a CEO. He could appoint another Katrien from his network or other businesses.
    Good thinking. Anyone know his email address and I’ll knock him out a plan and sign it Robbie aged 12. Should be in with a shout.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

Scoham said:

Taxi_Lad said:

Good thinking. Anyone know his email address and I’ll knock him out a plan and sign it Robbie aged 12. Should be in with a shout.
    Just add that you're a distant relative, from Belgium and with no experience / understanding of football or the English- should be in the bag.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Taxi_Lad said:

Yeah cos that worked a treat last time!
  • Options

Taxi_Lad said:

The question of what happens to Lee Bowyer when the season ends is coming down the track too. Duchatelet can’t appoint a manager under current circumstances and I doubt if Bowyer would be impressed with being caretaker over a close season.
    Been thinking about this, a lot, if this does drag into the closed season, will we be managerless an all?
  • Options

Taxi_Lad said:

The question of what happens to Lee Bowyer when the season ends is coming down the track too. Duchatelet can’t appoint a manager under current circumstances and I doubt if Bowyer would be impressed with being caretaker over a close season.
    And if Leeds move Heckingbottom on we could have the perfect storm.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Redrobo said:

Scoham said:

Taxi_Lad said:

Just add that you're a distant relative, from Belgium and with no experience / understanding of football or the English- should be in the bag.
    And that you did visit his house once, albeit you din;t get past the front door!
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:

I agree but you forgot to add that he is a vindictive B****** who enjoys inflicting pain while he dithers.
  • Options
    This stuff about monthly losses, doesn't he simply pile of up as debt?
  • Options
    seth plum said:

This stuff about monthly losses, doesn't he simply pile of up as debt?

Yep. And then he tries to get a new buyer to cover it off. The longer he stays, in theory the higher the price he wants a new buyer to pay, but that is simply not going to happen, so every month he doesn't sell he is adding to his own haircut.
  • Options

Valley11 said:

Taxi_Lad said:

Clubs are not allowed to appoint any individual who has already held an interim position but not achieved the required qualifications. Leeds could not appoint Bowyer, even if they wanted to do so.
    Hadn't it been decided that he HAS got the qualifications?
  • Options
    No comment from the ITK's again?

Is this ever going to happen?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Valley11 said:

Taxi_Lad said:

Clubs are not allowed to appoint any individual who has already held an interim position but not achieved the required qualifications. Leeds could not appoint Bowyer, even if they wanted to do so.
    Hadn't it been decided that he HAS got the qualifications?
    Not sure he has the required level for The Championship.
  • Options

Valley11 said:

Taxi_Lad said:

bowyer has the uefa B licence meaning he can manage anyone from the championship and below.
  • Options
    edited April 2018

Valley11 said:

Taxi_Lad said:

bowyer has the uefa B licence meaning he can manage anyone from the championship and below.
    That’s not true. It is allowed in League One providing the manager is working towards the A licence. An A licence is required on appointment in the Championship. As it stands, he could not be appointed by Leeds. It’s a bit of a moot point since they are unlikely to want to appoint him anyway.

“Clubs may not appoint any individual who has already held an interim position until they have acquired the required qualifications.”
  • Options
    Richard Cawley

richard@slpmedia.co.uk

Lee Bowyer has got the coaching badges to be able to take the Charlton Athletic job on a full-time basis – if he was offered the job permanently.

The former Addicks midfielder has stepped up from assistant manager at the end of last week after Karl Robinson resigned from the SE7 hotseat.

And Bowyer holds a UEFA B license which means he can manage at both Championship and League One level.

He started with a 2-0 win over Plymouth Argyle on Saturday but has not indicated yet he wants to be considered for the role beyond the remainder of the League One season.

No appointment is expected to be made until Roland Duchatelet’s sale of the South London club is complete.
  • Options
    Bowyer is under contract in a role, and depending on how much he's being paid and the experience he's getting, he may well be happy to continue as interim.

On the other positions could Network bods not be appointed to those role at least nominally? Considering they are probably doing some of that work already?
  • Options
    So we've not been taken over yet then?
  • Options
    edited April 2018

Richard Cawley

richard@slpmedia.co.uk

Lee Bowyer has got the coaching badges to be able to take the Charlton Athletic job on a full-time basis – if he was offered the job permanently.

The former Addicks midfielder has stepped up from assistant manager at the end of last week after Karl Robinson resigned from the SE7 hotseat.

And Bowyer holds a UEFA B license which means he can manage at both Championship and League One level.

He started with a 2-0 win over Plymouth Argyle on Saturday but has not indicated yet he wants to be considered for the role beyond the remainder of the League One season.

No appointment is expected to be made until Roland Duchatelet’s sale of the South London club is complete.

Much as I respect Rich, EFL rules take precedence over what appears on the SLP website. In any case, I suspect he is saying that Bowyer can manage Charlton in the Championship, which I believe is true if he gets the team promoted - although there is some ambiguity over whether the appointment would need to be permanent before promotion.

There is flexibility for managers winning promotion, but he cannot be appointed manager of Leeds without an A licence.
  • Options

Valley11 said:

Taxi_Lad said:

That’s not true. It is allowed in League One providing the manager is working towards the A licence. An A licence is required on appointment in the Championship. As it stands, he could not be appointed by Leeds. It’s a bit of a moot point since they are unlikely to want to appoint him anyway.

“Clubs may not appoint any individual who has already held an interim position until they have acquired the required qualifications.”
    Doesn't that mean an interim position at the appointing club?
  • Options

Haven't posted this for about 10 days so here goes.

Just sell the club and FUCK OFF

People post War and Peace on here and don't get as may likes as your most agreeable sentence.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!