Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

RIP PC KEITH PALMER

1789101113»

Comments

• RIP Keith
  • cabbles said:

Gonna break the boycott for this. Be amazing if the place was packed. Will try and get as many friends along. School holidays too, so kids can come.

Could also be an opportunity to let the wider public pay tribute to him. We've got a 27,000 capacity stadium and if we were to do a minute's applause, that would be an amazing thing.

This coupled with any tickets bought on match day going to his family's go fund me page and/or a charity of their choice.

Would take some co-ordinating, but why not.
    Agree Cabbles.

Appreciate it is possibly to soon for the family to be involved, but it would be such a statement if the Valley was full in honour of PC Palmer. Would also be great if MK sold out the away end too.
  • I've donated via the Just giving page. Does anyone know whether something similar has been set up for the other victims? I can't find anything.
  • I've donated via the Just giving page. Does anyone know whether something similar has been set up for the other victims? I can't find anything.

If you scroll down the Justgiving Page for Keith, there are links to 3 other pages for victims.
  • cabbles said:

Gonna break the boycott for this. Be amazing if the place was packed. Will try and get as many friends along. School holidays too, so kids can come.

Could also be an opportunity to let the wider public pay tribute to him. We've got a 27,000 capacity stadium and if we were to do a minute's applause, that would be an amazing thing.

This coupled with any tickets bought on match day going to his family's go fund me page and/or a charity of their choice.

Would take some co-ordinating, but why not.
    Time to approach the SMT as a one-off and offer to work with them to maximise attendance?
  • Ultimatum said:

Ultimatum said:

I don't know if this breaks forum rules etc ... but our federation has set up a just giving page for our fallen colleague, PC Palmer.

No officer deserves to go to work , put our uniform on and not come home to our families.

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/Keith-palmer

@Ultimatum if there's a bank a/c for this, can you PM or post on here the a/c details so I (and any others like me who won't or can't use crowdfunding sites) can pay directly?
    @AddicksAddict yes there is a bank account. This is from the Federations page direct

Appreciated.
  • edited March 2017
    RIP
  • Sponsored links:

• RIP. Fellow Addick and brave man.
  • edited March 2017
    Note of caution if donating to other victims, as JustGiving are investigating some pages that have been set up. They will have 'Verified by JustGiving' on the page like the one for Keith.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-39391865
  • edited March 2017
    Chizz said:
    Chizz......you LOL'd this.....surely that's a mistake on your part or am I missing something here?
  • Ahead of tonight's tribute to PC Palmer it seemed right to come on here and pass on my condolences to PC Palmer and his family and of course the Charlton Family. My thoughts will be with you tonight.

Kind regards

Steve
  • edited April 2017
  • A number of Keith Palmer's colleagues will join players on the pitch to pay tribute on Tuesday evening

22 Police officers will pay tribute to their former colleague PC Keith Palmer on the pitch at The Valley this evening ahead of Charlton’s home game against Milton Keynes Dons (7.45pm).

The game is dedicated to the memory of the loyal supporter who lost his life as a result of the terror incident in Westminster last month.

Before kick-off, PC Palmer’s colleagues from the TSG and Parliamentary Protection units will come onto the pitch and stand together with the two teams for a period of silence, while his brother will lead the teams out.

Representatives from Charlton, MK Dons and the police will lay wreaths dedicated to PC Palmer ahead of the game.

In addition, a police officer will stand outside the Valley Superstore before the game, managing a collection for PC Palmer’s family.

Members of Charlton’s coaching staff will wear specially-made armbands for the game and, as previously announced, Addicks players will wear a special shirt that will be emblazoned with hero Keith’s Police warrant number, ‘P204752’, in tribute.

The club will be donating 50 per cent of all ticket sales to Keith’s family, while the players will also be donating the entirety of their match appearance fees.

A red and white scarf had remained draped over his season-ticket seat in the East Stand and the red seat has now been temporarily replaced by a white seat, which bears his warrant number and will stay in place for the remainder of the season.

Work will then begin on placing a permanent memorial stone for Keith that will be placed alongside existing memorials behind the Sam Bartram statue at the rear of The Valley’s West Stand.

Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/charlton-pc-keith-palmer-tributes-mk-dons-3657268.aspx#j8UUK5qiWYLj30D8.99
  • edited April 2017
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSOSdgefqjo

The club has just put this up. A really beautiful montage of a night that seems like it was full of beautiful tributes. Full credit to the club, as this was handled with class and an understanding of the occasion. It is also nice to see the players giving PC Palmer's brother handshakes, and that Karl Robinson seemed to have a nice word for him.

Credit to Olly and George of the social media team, who I imagine put this together. And credit to everyone who put aside differences and went last night, understand there was a bigger cause at play.
  • Deeply saddened to hear of the death of Andreea Cristea. Londoners hold her & her loved ones in our thoughts today. (link: http://news.met.police.uk/news/victim-injured-in-westminster-terror-attack-has-died-233739) news.met.police.uk/news/victim-in…
  • Sponsored links:

• Thanks to @SDAddick, we now have a copy of @KillersBeard's emotional tribute to PC Palmer at the start of his broadcast for Tuesday's game - worth a listen.

Link for those who can't see the tweet - https://audioboom.com/posts/5796622-terry-smith-s-emotional-cafcplayerhd-tribute-to-pc-keith-palmer-cafc
  • A wonderful tribute to a very brave man.

PC Keith Palmer GC
    RIP  Two years on
  • 5 years ago today