Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

RIP PC KEITH PALMER

Comments

• Options
    RIP Keith. Sincere Condolences to the family. So sad...and one of our own
  • Options

Paddy7 said:

I've been advised by one of the interviewees on the ITV coverage of the recent Belgium trip that the reporter, Amy Lewis, is seeking Charlton fans who knew Keith who might like to comment in his memory. Obviously it will be for the individuals to consider what is appropriate after such an appalling incident.

We have had a lot of,requests today come from journalists and reporters through CL, (and I think the Supporters Trust have as well) seeking comment, insight etc from those who know him.

I'm sure there are people who are not sure what lines there are, but our view is that all comms are best handled from his close family via their family liaison officer, or from the police bodies.
    I completely understand and endorse this. Just wanted to pass on a message but the family's thoughts simply must come first.
  • Options
    RIP Keith, a true hero,
    put your life on the line to save others.
    Condolences to all your family.
  • Options
    I am so proud to support the same club as you Keith God bless
  • Options
    RIP Keith, a hero in my eyes doing a job to protect others. My thoughts also go out to the loved ones he has left behind.
  • Options
    So so sad.

RIP
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RIP, you're a hero
  • Options
    RIP Keith, a true hero and a real loss to our country.
  • Options
    Tragic waste of a life, just reading the thread brings a tear to the eye.
    RIP fellow Addick
  • Options
    My thoughts and prayers are with your friends and family. An absolute hero who has made the ultimate sacrifice for his country and it's values. We will remember you. RIP Keith.
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    RIP. Sounds like a great guy. A real hero and as many have said, one of our own. Thoughts go out to his family and of course his colleagues. Will NOT be forgotten by his fellow Addicks.
  • Options

Donations will not return him to life unfortunately.

As a consequence of lots of donations though, both small and presumable some substantial anonymous donations, the initial target was smashed before I donated.

Despite all the bad there is around, there is more good.

Well past £300k by the time I got there.

But I really hope that if we make his seat a shrine, this will bring some comfort to his family.

Whenever I return home and walk up from Eltham Station to Westmount Road, there is the shrine to the kids who died in the car accident, embellished with Charlton scarves. Without fail, for as long as I can remember. It is so simple yet so powerful.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

RIP Ian - a truly tragic waste of life for you and the other victims of this dreadful crime

Reposting because I got PC Palmer's christian name wrong in my original post- RIP Keith - you have died a hero
  • Options
    A true hero RIP
  • Options
    Lost for words, so sad. RIP
  • Options
    Such a sad waste of life - RIP Keith.

My thoughts go out to your family and friends.
  • Options
    Thank you. RIP
  • Options
    RIP Keith and thank you for all that you and your colleagues do.

Roland wasn't getting another penny from me this season but I'll be there for your tribute.
  • Options

RIP Keith

Thank you for your service and your bravery.

Condolences to your family.

• Options
    You are a shining light Keith.