Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

UNITY PROTEST (Saturday, March 4th in Sint-Truiden): coaches sold out; media come on board

Charlton fans organising Saturday’s Unity Protest against the club’s owner Roland Duchatelet in his home town of Sint-Truiden have confirmed that every seat on the two coaches travelling has now been sold.

Dozens more protestors are travelling to Belgium by Eurostar and local rail services as well as private cars, with up to 250 supporters of the London club expected to march through the town ahead of the local team’s Jupiler League match against Eupen at 8pm local time.

They will be joined by disaffected Sint-Truiden (STVV) fans who recently announced the launch of GrAS, their own protest group, urging Duchatelet either to run their club on a competitive basis or sell it to someone else who will.

Media interest in Saturday’s protest is already high, with both BBC and ITV sending a camera team on board the coaches, and other reporters expected.

The protest has been planned jointly by the Coalition Against Roland Duchatelet (CARD), including Women Against the Regime (WAR), and the Belgium 20, who have previously confronted Duchatelet at the Sint-Truiden stadium, Stayen.

Charlton protest band The 2percent will play a set at 4pm ahead of the main march.

A CARD spokesperson said: “A huge amount of planning has gone into Saturday’s demonstration and we are grateful to the police, both here and in Belgium, for their assistance in making sure everything is in place.

“The response from Charlton fans of all ages and both genders has been magnificent and we know they will acquit themselves well on the day. The numbers in Belgium alone give the lie to Duchatelet’s claim that the protests are down to ‘a few hotheads who were shown the door’.

“Hundreds of people do not spend 12 hours and their own money travelling to Belgium and back for a march for any other reason than their passion for Charlton and shared conviction that Duchatelet is destroying the club.

“What’s more, we are putting him on notice that he can expect to be embarrassed and upset for as long as it takes to persuade him to sell up, just as he has caused so much frustration and unhappiness to Charlton fans over the last three years. We will act lawfully, but we will never leave him in peace.”

Comments

• Options
    Brilliant effort.

Best of luck to all of you representing the real Charlton.
  • Options
    What about our non-specified gender friends!? :p
  • Options
    Great to see actual Broadcasters going (especially the BBC and ITV)
  • Options
    well done to those organising and attending.
  • Options

Yes, I'm sure even Roland and Katrien will welcome the publicity....erm,,,well maybe not!
  • Options
    Tanning salons will be busy tomorrow....
  • Options
    edited March 2017

RedChaser said:

Bloody hell, TV cameras. I'd better have a make over :smile:

Too late now mate, should've booked weekly sessions a month ago :wink: .
    Didnt work out too well for you though did it?

Ohh, you are awful FA;

But I still like you :wink: .
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If you had told me earlier, we could have printed you some paper bags with eyeholes and Brad Pitt's and Gemma Arterton's faces on them!
  • Options

If you had told me earlier, we could have printed you some paper bags with eyeholes and Brad Pitt's and Gemma Arterton's faces on them!

Then they'd think we are all Siamese twins.
  • Options
    Gutted I can't make it along for this. Massive kudos to all those involved in organising and attending this.
  • Options
    I'm young and handsome (so I'm told) a although a little vertically challenged (cameras can hide that right?) Get me in front of the TV cameras!
  • Options
    A big, big thanks to CARD/B20 groups for making this happen. Looking forward to the event
  • Options

What about our non-specified gender friends!? :p

they're at home to MK Dons.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well done everyone have a great day, and a very safe journey
  • Options
    This makes me so proud to be a Charlton fan. I can't wait to stand beside my brothers and sisters in Belgium. This means so much more than a weekend, a few quid or 3 points.
  • Options
    Amazing, fantastic effort you lovely Addicks, safe trip. Don't have too many Kwaks
  • Options

Bloody hell, TV cameras. I'd better have a make over :smile:

I 'll have my bucket of polyfilla with me should you need some, CE.
    I s'pose you'll be getting your hair done tomorrow :wink:
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:

For those traitors with me in Northampton, to the tune of 'we are Charlton/super Charlton'

Theyve gone to Belgium
    Gone to Belgium
    Gone to Belgium for Duchatelet
    Cards in Belgium
    Protest in Belgium
    Goodbye Miere & ..... Duchatelet......

Best I could do after 10 hours at work......

I know you're joking, but we are all Charlton fans & if it wasn't for the Belgium trip I'd be in Northampton.

UNITED WE STAND DIVIDED WE FALL.