Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ranieri Sacked by Leicester

Comments

• Options
    They were always going to be relegated sooner rather than later. If it wasn't this year then it would have been in a couple of years time. I think it is a disgraceful decision.
  • Options

Pardew is one of the favs to take over lol!

Weirdly I think he'd give them enough of a boost to stay up.
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Watch out you ungrateful turds, he could be dad dancing your way!
  • Options
    I'm gobsmacked by that. Pardew will add to his millions. I hate football at the moment.
  • Options
    I said he should've retired after last season, though I didn't expect things to go quite this badly.
  • Options
    Pardew taking it and sending palace down would be amusing.

Reckon Nigel Pearson will get it. He built the core of the squad didnt he? He will then go on to win the Champions League in the next few months with them and make Ranieri look like a CAFC network manager by comparison.
  • Options
    The sad end to a fairy tale :neutral:
  • Options

Pardew taking it and sending palace down would be amusing.

Reckon Nigel Pearson will get it. He built the core of the squad didnt he? He will then go on to win the Champions League in the next few months with them and make Ranieri look like a CAFC network manager by comparison.

He was also sacked after a big fall out with their owners. Can't see them bringing Pearson back.
  • Options
    Club irrevocably changed after last season and he couldn't respond - football exists in a continuum, else they could have closed the club in May and exited on a high.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If Leicester were to go down could the owners over the next few years take the parachute money then Jump ship
  • Options
    What a shame. He is one of the most decent managers in football. Football = Money.
  • Options
    Crazy decision. He won them the league and their champions league group and he gets sacked before they've even been knocked out.
  • Options

Pardew is one of the favs to take over lol!

Curbishley 50-1?

I'm shocked he's still appearing on these managerial odds lists...
  • Options
    Not a surprise given its a results business but still a damn shame. Think he has been let down badly by a few of the players. Likes of Vardy have been given ridiculous pay rises and have taken their eye off the ball completely
  • Options
    10th Jan 2017: Claudio Ranieri wins FIFA World Manager Of The Year.

23rd Feb 2017: Claudio Ranieri sacked by Leicester.
  • Options
    Sad decision.
  • Options
    How many on here who state they hate modern football subscribe to Sky/BT Sport?
    I lost any interest in european/ top league football years ago.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    sadly I don't give a monkeys.
  • Options
    To be honest I think Leicester's owners (as ludicrous as this decision is), have more ambition than someone like Pardew. However their situation is perilous and they'll need someone in quick
  • Options
    It's sad that he wasn't able to finish the season off at least and go with some dignity, especially as they are still in the Champions League. They don't play until Monday, when they play Liverpool, I guess if they appoint someone quickly they'll be able to off them Champions League football. Well 90 minutes of it probably.
  • Options
    Really don't understand why people think it's wrong. Weird timing but if they want to stay up he clearly needs to go.
  • Options
    Hope they appoint Pardew and are then relegated along with Palace.

Sacking Ranieri is disgusting and it really does make me dislike the EPL even more. Mediocre league with one hell of a marketing team.
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

Really don't understand why people think it's wrong. Weird timing but if they want to stay up he clearly needs to go.

Ah see I'm not sure. I think his players have badly let him down when the going got tough. Morgan and Huth have been poor and players like Mahrez have been half hearted. I can't see where they go from here.