Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rochdale v Charlton - Post Match Views

Comments

• Options
    sm said:

15 out of 18 points dropped against AFC Wimbledon, Oldham and Rochdale this season - says it all really.

When you add in Fleetwood too, who I know are above us, but that's 5 points from a possible 24, that's ridiculous. I'm convinced now that we have no hope with play-offs, and at the start of the month I was fairly optimistic.
  • Options
    uie2 said:

Arsenal boy looked a bit special, especially the run that led to the second goal. Teixeira should have started. Very shaky at the back early on

Robinson went for the win with his subs, but Magennis on the wing to accommodate Novak? Really?

Magennis used to be a winger/wide mam
    No he used to be a Keeper!
    In Aberdeen he played on the wing, didn't know he played Gk as well
  • Options
    Maybe now the unpersuaded will realise that under RD we are going nowhere fast. Any time that we develop players with talent they will be sold on (and not replaced) and the rest of the squad will be left to struggle on. The result? Perpetual mediocrity, with the occasional relegation....
  • Options

uie2 said:

Arsenal boy looked a bit special, especially the run that led to the second goal. Teixeira should have started. Very shaky at the back early on

Robinson went for the win with his subs, but Magennis on the wing to accommodate Novak? Really?

What's Novak's excuse!?
  • Options

uie2 said:

What's Novak's excuse!?
    Novak is an excuse
  • Options

uie2 said:

What's Novak's excuse!?
    Pies!
  • Options

He used to be a goalkeeper!
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

Why do we keep on wanting to sack the Manager? We all know what the problem is with us. He resides in his Ivory Tower in Belgium. Every transfer window is shite. He gives with one hand and takes more away with the other hand. The only way I can see us breaking this downward spiral is for him to sell up. Robinson needs time to turn it around. We can't keep on repeating the same mistakes. Time to back the Manager in the Summer. Let him Manage without interference.

Nice thought Dick, but realistically it ain't gonna happen.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    dickplumb said:

Why do we keep on wanting to sack the Manager? We all know what the problem is with us. He resides in his Ivory Tower in Belgium. Every transfer window is shite. He gives with one hand and takes more away with the other hand. The only way I can see us breaking this downward spiral is for him to sell up. Robinson needs time to turn it around. We can't keep on repeating the same mistakes. Time to back the Manager in the Summer. Let him Manage without interference.

Very true but Roly will have to change his ways for that to happen ...so it won't.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Strolling down Harvey Gardens early this morning, I gazed up at our great stadium and lamented upon 13th place in League One.

The highlight of the day was a very agreeable two pints of Lees bitter. However, the football was very disagreeable.

This could all culminate in a meltdown at Vale Park as I make my 25th visit to Burslem.

Contemplating my remaining futile away games this season on a draughty coach.
  • Options

CARD has killed this club. I'm off to the Robinson 100% lot. You wait til February 24th! That's when the turnaround starts!

Our next game is the 25th
  • Options

CARD has killed this club. I'm off to the Robinson 100% lot. You wait til February 24th! That's when the turnaround starts!

Our next game is the 25th
    2nd game i should say
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Also, fans were excellent today. Non-stop and good to get some old songs out.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    smurfd said:

He used to be a goalkeeper!
    He was a goalkeeper until he was about 18 and has spent time playing outwide in more recent years.
  • Options
    Up until 8 days I was still optimistic that we could go on a bit of run, certainly enough of a run to reach 5th or 6th. It was perfectly reasonable to expect 7 points out of these 3 games, which would have left us in 9th with a game in hand.

Tuesday killed those thoughts off for me completely, I can see our season petering out now.

To me the player we've missed in this terrible run of form is Pearce, a no nonsense defender, who defends and knows how to play at this level. To me, all our current CBs have problems coping with these sort of teams, small clubs with players who give 100% energy and physical commitment
  • Options
    Poor Karl. Like a lot of supporters he was tricked by Watt and thought he could score the goals to get us up. He is probably starting to wonder himself how someone with natural ability sucks so much. Regardless of how he plays he is there to score goals which he can't do. He won't be the last manager and we won't be the last fans. Nicking a living.
  • Options
    I'll say it again. We won't get a better manager than Karl Robinson. BUT that is due to the people running this club! It's an ever decreasing circle....
  • Options
    Spoke to Karl he said:
    great team spirit blah blah, come back blah blah. young players and stuff and stuff, next season yada yada and stuff.

Feb was our month to put a play-off run together and so far we have 3 points from 4 games - that's relegation form.
  • Options
    Just a quick question, I have the memory of a sieve. We have finished in a worse position every season under this bunch of pricks right?