Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rochdale v Charlton - Post Match Views

Comments

• Options
    And that run by Medvidi, how come no one else noticed it..?
  • Options
    Let's hope the Medvidi run doesn't become his 'Watt by the corner flag' moment.
  • Options
    I did a Medvidi ones in the back yard, I was reminded by the skill of the Rochdale players just like the my young boy and his mates, I also missed, no corner though, ball never came back from next door...
  • Options
    Isn't it Mavididi? All I'm getting on link is a FFAF ad...
  • Options

Goal of the season if that goes in.
    Amazing run - wish he'd scored.
  • Options
    Just seen it, bloody hell he's quick.
  • Options
    addick05 said:

I like Rudd, an excellent keeper but having seen the replays of two of Dales goals, I think he was at fault for both.

Someone said that on the slow mo you can see that Magennis headed the ball out of his hands for the first goal. If so, just bad luck.

• Options
    clb74 said:

At least those who made the trip to Rochdale will have seen him play for Charlton....

And we were there when we nearly got that goal of the season
    Yup, but would have been so much better if he was one of ours.
  • Options
    edited February 2017

Why doesn't Holmes get in the box with Mavididi so he's there to put it away? Would have been a certain goal but he stops running
  • Options
    Powell...? My recollection was that many were concerned (including me) that he had no experience as a manager, true enough. Robinson has plenty.

Jury is still out for me with Powell. Sure he got a fair amount of criticism for some of his tactics, but he achieved a title when funded/supported to the level of competition he was in. Discovered/ turned around Kermogant, etc
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Just seen it, bloody hell he's quick.
    Hence why Holmes couldn't keep up!
  • Options
    8 points off playoffs until its mathematically over its not over, don't think we will get them, and this is telling us a lot about the squad and the manager, i personally don't want him to stay on, as we've been mugged off for the last couple of years by the owners without some cheeky chappy scouse prat doing it aswell.
  • Options
    I think the reason we don't believe it anymore is that the car hasn't even got of the start line - let alone broken down on the final lap. The talk is how we nearly did this and nearly did that. If the people who run the club so badly can't recognise complete and utter failure, how can anybody expect them to do anything else?
  • Options
    I think we have to slightly separate the failings of the club over the last 3 years, with the failings on the pitch this season, where even allowing for the RD/KM factor, our points total has to be considered an underachievement.

15 draws have killed us, FIFTEEN! If we'd won 3 of them and lost 3 of them (i.e. keeping our GD the same), we'd be 6 points better off and in 8th, 2 points behind Millwall

All those 1-1 draws where we're tight at the back, but can't get the second goal. Then when we finally score more than 1, we also let in 3.

• Options
    edited February 2017
    But what is the reason for it? - Not dealing with the issues in both recent windows might be a big one! So personally, I don't think we should seperate them.
  • Options
    Bradford have drawn 16 games this season..............just saying like.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

addick05 said:

I like Rudd, an excellent keeper but having seen the replays of two of Dales goals, I think he was at fault for both.

Someone said that on the slow mo you can see that Magennis headed the ball out of his hands for the first goal. If so, just bad luck.

Rudd was definitely impeded by his own player, not sure who, unfortunately the ball rebounded to a Rochdaler .. we must start quicker, twice in a week we conceded in the first few minutes .. Rochdale were all over us for the first twenty at least, especially dangerous with crosses ..
    someone posted that Rochdale as a side lacked height ? .. I thought that they were one of the tallest teams we have faced this season .. Andrew, Canavan and Kitching are all well over 6' and I would wager that 3 or 4 others were around the six foot mark .. they gave us a lot of problems in the air at both ends .. more credit to the accuracy of our set pieces that Tex was able to score with two headers
  • Options
    Just watched the highlights. For their third goal Crofts didn't follow Mendez-Laing, but drifted into our penalty area, where we already had plenty of cover. That's why M-L had so long to shoot, without a challenge. Really poor.
  • Options
    i made it six although one of them he did do twice so technically only five. crap finish though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2017

JamesSeed said:

addick05 said:

Rudd was definitely impeded by his own player, not sure who, unfortunately the ball rebounded to a Rochdaler .. we must start quicker, twice in a week we conceded in the first few minutes .. Rochdale were all over us for the first twenty at least, especially dangerous with crosses ..
    someone posted that Rochdale as a side lacked height ? .. I thought that they were one of the tallest teams we have faced this season .. Andrew, Canavan and Kitching are all well over 6' and I would wager that 3 or 4 others were around the six foot mark .. they gave us a lot of problems in the air at both ends .. more credit to the accuracy of our set pieces that Tex was able to score with two headers
    Could it be that you were sitting at pitch level @Lincsaddick ? Even I would have looked 6ft tall from there :wink: .

I saw you getting refreshments at half time but was in conversation with another couple of lads. I would have come to say hello but you'd disappeared.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

JamesSeed said:

addick05 said:

Could it be that you were sitting at pitch level @Lincsaddick ? Even I would have looked 6ft tall from there :wink: .

I saw you getting refreshments at half time but was in conversation with another couple of lads. I would have come to say hello but you'd disappeared.
    lol .. but you are 6'5" ((:>) .. you know me, I went to wiki the bible for the ignorant and checked a few stats .. Rochdale has some tall players believe me .. and as for 1/2 time, I was trying to carry three scalding paper cups of coffee with bare hands .. speed was of the essence, I haven't moved so fast for ages.. was a good day out, even some normally grumpy Addicks seemed to be in jovial moods .. see you at Shrewsbury ? or the Valley for the Scunny game ? .. whatever .. Come on youse Addicksaaaaa !!!
  • Options
    Let's hope its not another 24 years before I'll get to see these lot again. I planned to be all cool and clinical from the stand but the moment they came out I melted, shamelessly...
    keep the fire burning guys, it'll be back to 11pm kick offs for me...
    (Permission for lower lip to wabble)
  • Options

Let's hope its not another 24 years before I'll get to see these lot again. I planned to be all cool and clinical from the stand but the moment they came out I melted, shamelessly...
    keep the fire burning guys, it'll be back to 11pm kick offs for me...
    (Permission for lower lip to wabble)

hope you had a good day .. I thought it was a decent game, bit of a cliffhanger .. send my love to Oz, the land of milk, honey and four types of footie ((:>) .. all the very best and come back soon
  • Options

JamesSeed said:

addick05 said:

Second one wasn't a header.
  • Options
    Spanish said:

Not quite sure why we looked so shaky at the back today. Too often it appeared Dale had an extra man in midfield.

If you play 442, then when you lose possession the middle four are all expected to retreat to form a line in front of the back four. With 4231 it's a bit more flexible and you are dependent on the '2' being in defensive position and at least two of the '3' also getting behind the ball. I thought our problem at Rochdale was that one of our '2' (JFC) is not particularly strong defensively and the two wingers, although generally working hard, weren't required to be sufficiently disciplined defensively. As a result we were exposed at the back. I could be wrong here, but that was my take on it.
  • Options

JamesSeed said:

addick05 said:

Second one wasn't a header.
    you're right .. it was tapped in from a header won by Bauer in their area .. did you enjoy the game ?
  • Options
    Nice poacher's goals from Tex.
  • Options

Sums up where the club is right now. "Almost" scoring a wonder goal is enough to warrant a fanfare from the club.

I remember the days when we actually scored wonder goals.

Holmes against Shrewsbury?