Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Season ticket sales next season?

Comments

• Options

I know this will make me unpopular but I was still able, just, to believe that we would make a decent fist of this season and the lower quality opposition would mean more successes on the pitch. I won't believe that again so the only way I'd attend now is if we are challenging andbif by the end of September we are mid table again I can stop going (and paying out) until the team's performances improve - something one can't do once a season ticket has been purchased.

I think most people who renewed did it for the same reasons mate, it will be hard to muster even a minimal amount of enthusiasm now based on what has happened this season.
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:

Whats the marketing push going to be for the 17/18 season tickets now this season is officially in the toilet? "Enjoy another dramatic season in L1 with some of the finest loans and free agents turning out for the Addicks!"

Should do what Leeds have done...

Pay for a season ticket this year, we fail to reach the Play-Offs next season and the following is free

I thought that Leeds were mental for doing that as couldnt see it happening but looks like they'll do it!!
  • Options

CAFCTrev said:

Whats the marketing push going to be for the 17/18 season tickets now this season is officially in the toilet? "Enjoy another dramatic season in L1 with some of the finest loans and free agents turning out for the Addicks!"

Pay for a season ticket this year, we fail to reach the Play-Offs next season and the following is free

I thought that Leeds were mental for doing that as couldnt see it happening but looks like they'll do it!!
    Theyre seriously doing that?
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    CAFCTrev said:

CAFCTrev said:

Sorry it was a 50% refund not a free ticket next year

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/apr/19/leeds-season-ticket-refund-fail-play-offs

As per the article though I didnt realise that 15,000 tickets had to be sold before the offer became valid... Maybe KM should offer to say that once 15 season tickets have been sold, our version of the offer will become valid
  • Options

PS If we do drop out of any chance of getting into the Play-offs, attendances at the 3 home games in a week in March (including 2 on Tuesday nights) will be "interesting".

I think we are already there mate, Im fully expecting the crowd to be 4 figures on Tuesday.
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:

PS If we do drop out of any chance of getting into the Play-offs, attendances at the 3 home games in a week in March (including 2 on Tuesday nights) will be "interesting".

I think we are already there mate, Im fully expecting the crowd to be 4 figures on Tuesday.
    Pretty sure it's guaranteed to be 4 figures (real attendance, rather than reported) - next season when season tickets tumble again I think we'll be announcing 7-9,000 each game.
  • Options
    I am 90% sure I will not be renewing the three I pay for next season.
  • Options
    4800 for next season
    Roly might surprise us though and drop the prices
  • Options
    edited February 2017

CAFCTrev said:

Pretty sure it's guaranteed to be 4 figures (real attendance, rather than reported) - next season when season tickets tumble again I think we'll be announcing 7-9,000 each game.
    Next season it will pretty much just be the Seb Lewis type super hardcore fans, and a couple hundred walkups every game.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    clb74 said:

4800 for next season
    Roly might surprise us though and drop the prices

Now that would be a surprise! And entirely sensible.

Which is why it will not happen.

• Options
    Ironically I'm not even going to the Football for a fiver game even though I have a season ticket and access to my son's and my Dad's. As far as I'm concerned this season is over so what is the point of dragging myself along?
  • Options

CAFCTrev said:

CAFCTrev said:

Sorry it was a 50% refund not a free ticket next year

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/apr/19/leeds-season-ticket-refund-fail-play-offs

As per the article though I didnt realise that 15,000 tickets had to be sold before the offer became valid... Maybe KM should offer to say that once 15 season tickets have been sold, our version of the offer will become valid
    This would be a great way for Meire to show just how ambitious Duchatelet is planning on being next season. Thy won't touch it with a bargepole, of course, because they have no plans to invest sufficiently, so it would be a simple loss of what's left of their gate revenue.
  • Options
    Didn't renew this season won't renew next unless.......................................... please god he sells up and takes the witch with him.
  • Options
    I renewed this season, I wont be next season if The Rat and Bat are still here.
    The main reason I renewed was to have a beer or two and a laugh with my kids and also my old mates who I have been going with since I was 10, but the kids have had enough and the amount of games I've been to does not warrant buying a ST, shame but there you go. Of course the owner being clueless does not help either, so he sells and I buy....its easy.
  • Options
    I think target 20k are going to have their work cut out. Even if the "20k" stands for "£20,000 of season ticket revenue".
  • Options
    I think the state and apathy towards the club, due to RD and KM, has just been demonstrated. I have just told friends I cannot do something tomorrow as I am going to Charlton.
    I have just seen, on here, that Charlton are away!
    I had not even known about the change.
    Shows what my attachment to the club has become.
  • Options

I think the state and apathy towards the club, due to RD and KM, has just been demonstrated. I have just told friends I cannot do something tomorrow as I am going to Charlton.
    I have just seen, on here, that Charlton are away!
    I had not even known about the change.
    Shows what my attachment to the club has become.

And they're at home on Tuesday when I find I am double-booked. I have to choose between Charlton and some free tickets to a recording of a radio 4 comedy show that I've never heard of.

How did it ever come to this?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Greenie said:

I renewed this season, I wont be next season if The Rat and Bat are still here.
    The main reason I renewed was to have a beer or two and a laugh with my kids and also my old mates who I have been going with since I was 10, but the kids have had enough and the amount of games I've been to does not warrant buying a ST, shame but there you go. Of course the owner being clueless does not help either, so he sells and I buy....its easy.

PM when it's free and I'll take it. I'm buying matching match by match but would rather give my money to you (or a charity of your choice) than KM / RD.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Uboat said:

I think you can get your mojo back. I stopped going for several years, shortly after we got established in the premier league, mainly for family and 'lifestyle' reasons.
    During our first season in league one my wife suggested, out of the blue, that I take my oldest daughter along to see if she liked it. We saw a 0-0 draw (Oldham?) but she wanted to go again. We went to the play off semi v Swindon, so she witnessed drama and heartache. Then I took her to Carlisle away the following season and she experienced the euphoria of a last minute winner.
    After that we got the Powell uplift and started going quite often, eventually getting season tickets.
    The sacking of Powell killed it for her and neither of us go much anymore - her last game was the Middlesbrough protest last year.
    Once you have truly card though, it's unlikely that you will lose it forever. One of the reasons I'm going to Belgium is to try to stay connected.

I was at that Oldham game. Got the night bus down from Glasgow on the Friday night and returned on the Saturday night, my back has never been right since! First time I saw Chris Solly I think.

I'd say you're right that you can go back, but not sure the mojo ever returns fully. If you fall out of the habit of going to virtually all games, when hope springs eternal, then in my experience (at Dumbarton) you're far more likely to question the value of what's on offer, particularly if the standard of the football's not great. I hope that I'm wrong and that in the post RD era the mojo returns for many thousands because that will be crucial for the club, COYA.
  • Options
    Suppose it depends what you go for is it just purely the football or the whole day out experience ? For me it is the latter which includes meeting the the Lib and having a good beer up with friends I have made over the last 30 years.So I will continue to buy one, if our fortunes on the pitch take a turn for the better it will be a added bonus.
  • Options

Suppose it depends what you go for is it just purely the football or the whole day out experience ? For me it is the latter which includes meeting the the Lib and having a good beer up with friends I have made over the last 30 years.So I will continue to buy one, if our fortunes on the pitch take a turn for the better it will be a added bonus.

I agree with all of your post.

The social side has always been very important to me. Of course we all want Charlton to win but on an away I try and not let a bad result get in the way after I have spent £100+

For me it now comes down to a principal with the homes and b******* to giving these pricks another penny.

However, with all that has gone on they have drained me from enjoying and relating to the team on the pitch to the extent that after Chesterfield I am finished until a takeover.

I will continue non-league groundhopping, North Ferriby v Dover today is my football fix.

Sad sad times in SE7.
  • Options
    I renewed this season plus grandson. Can see no real reason for renewing next season.

Whilst I hate this regime I did give them one last chance, but have things changed, have they f###.

The whole SMT are a complete embarrassment and have learnt absolutely nothing from the last few seasons other than how to lie even more.
  • Options
    I'm not renewing until they have gone. I didn't renew last season and agonised over the decision. The sad truth is, I haven't really missed it.
  • Options
    Don't let them win Dave, we are bigger and better than that