Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Season ticket sales next season?

Comments

• Options

That's your view and I respect that but if someone asks me "who do you support?" I say Charlton without any hesitation.

Yes. But I said 'this current version'. I refer to active support, i.e. paying to watch games. You see fit to do that at present. Many of us don't. I've been involved in the protests from the start and in that regard I continue in my support of our famous football club, albeit not financially. I shall continue to campaign for the version I recognise and the version I wish to see again.

I'm not paying
  • Options
    Roland has to leave... if he does there will be an up tick in ST sales, if he doesn't there will be a continued decrease.

He has chocked the belief, hope and life out of most Charlton supporters.

Once he leaves we may be able to recover over time, the longer he is here the more likely we will never see a "Happy Valley" again.

• Options
    A few more may drop out when the closure of the upper West for next season is announced?
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:

A few more may drop out when the closure of the upper West for next season is announced?

Should this happen I think you will be right.

The few remaining that sit there would get p***** off they have been moved.
  • Options

Season ticket sales will continue to fall until major changes are made at the club.
    By that i mean Douchbag selling
    Meire being replaced by someone competent
    Or promotion back to the championship.
    As i can't see us going up under this lot we may have to wait a little longer before sales increase

This - I am likely to have attended only half this year's games having given up my season ticket. Next season with them still here it will be less and I am contemplating packing it in altogether. I can't stand them or their ongoing PR battle with the rank and file which is so obvious it's embarrassing and that includes Karl Robinson. Groundhog Day.
  • Options
    I suppose the question is two fold, how many will renew if Roland is still in charge in this division? How many will renew or get season tickets if he is gone? I would expect a drop of about 10% but an increase if he is gone by about 30%

I don't think we will get promoted so haven't put that as a question.
  • Options
    all the time roland owns us i wont be purchasing a season ticket.
  • Options
    Not just about the price but more the poisonous atmosphere in the ground.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Assuming that we are in the same division next season then, unless they do something drastic with the pricing, I would expect the ST numbers drop significantly further.
    I would purchase a season ticket for myself and my son immediately, should Roland sell, even though we would not be able to attend many of the games due to distance/school nights/etc.
    As things stand I'm not sure that I can even bring myself to give Roland £10 for us to attend the Bury game (I certainly won't pay to attend other games, unless Card ask for boycotters to attend for a specific protest).
    Sad times indeed.
  • Options

Assuming we're still in league 1 under this regime I think they will stay fairly static IE around 6k to 6.5k

A play off appearance, even a failed one could see a bump as obviously would promotion or new ownership.

I wonder if they will take a risk of adopting the Bradford model of £150 each. You get volume but not income but it's a risk if the take up doesn't appear. It also leaves you in a difficult situation if you want to switch back to a traditional pricing model. We discussed and rejected it for those reasons on the old Target 40k group.

agree with this, I think that those who didn't want to renew won't have already, can't see too many more dropping off
  • Options
    It will be interesting to see what happens when Roland does sell up and we get a (hopefully) new owner who knows how to run a football club properly.

I fear there are a lot of ppl who didnt renew and have now gotten used to having their Saturdays with the family back, and are happy to only go to the odd game. Despite feeling that they would renew when Roland left, it might actually be difficult to go regularly again with the habit now broken.
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:

It will be interesting to see what happens when Roland does sell up and we get a (hopefully) new owner who knows how to run a football club properly.

I fear there are a lot of ppl who didnt renew and have now gotten used to having their Saturdays with the family back, and are happy to only go to the odd game. Despite feeling that they would renew when Roland left, it might actually be difficult to go regularly again with the habit now broken.

There may be some people like that but I believe that the majority of boycotters would jump at the chance to return, especially if they felt that the club had a normal level of ambition. I know that I would.
  • Options
    It seems that a lot of supporters are resigned to us being in league 1 next season but putting in a serious promotion challenge. I cant see this happening as the loan players will go back to their clubs, Tex,Konsa and Aribo will probably be sold and Roland will pocket the money leaving us in the brown stuff again. Not much of an incentive to buy a season ticket or even go on a game to game basis.
  • Options

Can't see it dipping much lower regardless of how the team see out the rest of the season to be honest.

Those that were prepared to make a principled stand did so last summer. If people weren't prepared to then, then I can't see too much has changed for them to change tack now.

Only likely chance of a further drop is if they ditched the cheap offer in the North, which they clearly won't as the know what would happen

You can get the number a lot lower call for an all out boycott.
  • Options
    The summer will tell all. As already mentioned here, the loans will have returned back to their clubs so if Roland wants to mount a serious promotion challenge we will need to bring in some top quality L1/Champ players, literally 6 or 7 or something. This will need to happen early too if he wants to have any kind of positive affect on season ticket sales.
  • Options

Can't see it dipping much lower regardless of how the team see out the rest of the season to be honest.

Those that were prepared to make a principled stand did so last summer. If people weren't prepared to then, then I can't see too much has changed for them to change tack now.

Only likely chance of a further drop is if they ditched the cheap offer in the North, which they clearly won't as the know what would happen

If they sack KR in the summer and give the job to C'OL or Nobby, then i think that'd put a few more off going
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    clb74 said:

You can get the number a lot lower call for an all out boycott.
    Why would anyone who has a season ticket now heed that call ? I wouldn't.
  • Options
    I'm not price sensitive in reality but we bought a season ticket for this season to save our (mine, my dad's and my son's) seats. Since the start of the season I've missed about a third of the games (my dad is away a lot and he has missed the ones I've missed and a couple more) and my son hasn't wanted to go at all - and hasn't. This could be the third year in a row that I've bought him a season ticket, and he's not been once.

With the above, and the fact that there is, virtually, no chance of us not being able to get our normal seats, if the price stays the same and we don't go up or sign a squad for next season that I think will challenge we won't renew our seats, as it is it is costing us more for the season that it would cost to pay on the gate - and this is before we factor in that I've been to at least five games this season that I would have passed on had I not got a ticket. I even passed on Millwall because I had a bit of a hangover. For many of the games I've missed I've not even bothered following the score and been happy to wait for the FT results. It's not helping that I now have one of these Kodi boxes and I can sit at home and watch any Prem game at 3pm on a Saturday and the beer I drink costs me less that the petrol to drive to The Valley and back. If I had to do that and buy a ticket I can see my number of visits next season being less than a handful. If the performances and/or results mirror most of this season I might not even go once.

So I think the price is quite important. It might make the difference between if I go to many games or none. I suspect it is easier to incentivise me with a cheap ticket than it is to buy a squad about to, genuinely, finish top six - especially with the idiots running the club at present.
  • Options
    But really what is missing from your Charlton experience @kings hill addick is the people who used to sit around you ; - )
  • Options
    T.C.E said:

I reassessed myself from......
    A avid Charlton fan/supporter i.e.: season ticket holder, follower home and away when circumstances allow and a weekend spoilt by a bad result.
    To.........
    A Charlton follower. i.e. Catches up with results, often doesn't know who they are playing, would almost lose complete interest without this site and it doesn't matter that much if they lose.

A great way to describe my own feelings.
  • Options

T.C.E said:

I reassessed myself from......
    A avid Charlton fan/supporter i.e.: season ticket holder, follower home and away when circumstances allow and a weekend spoilt by a bad result.
    To.........
    A Charlton follower. i.e. Catches up with results, often doesn't know who they are playing, would almost lose complete interest without this site and it doesn't matter that much if they lose.

A great way to describe my own feelings.
    And mine.
  • Options

I'm not price sensitive in reality but we bought a season ticket for this season to save our (mine, my dad's and my son's) seats. Since the start of the season I've missed about a third of the games (my dad is away a lot and he has missed the ones I've missed and a couple more) and my son hasn't wanted to go at all - and hasn't. This could be the third year in a row that I've bought him a season ticket, and he's not been once.

With the above, and the fact that there is, virtually, no chance of us not being able to get our normal seats, if the price stays the same and we don't go up or sign a squad for next season that I think will challenge we won't renew our seats, as it is it is costing us more for the season that it would cost to pay on the gate - and this is before we factor in that I've been to at least five games this season that I would have passed on had I not got a ticket. I even passed on Millwall because I had a bit of a hangover. For many of the games I've missed I've not even bothered following the score and been happy to wait for the FT results. It's not helping that I now have one of these Kodi boxes and I can sit at home and watch any Prem game at 3pm on a Saturday and the beer I drink costs me less that the petrol to drive to The Valley and back. If I had to do that and buy a ticket I can see my number of visits next season being less than a handful. If the performances and/or results mirror most of this season I might not even go once.

So I think the price is quite important. It might make the difference between if I go to many games or none. I suspect it is easier to incentivise me with a cheap ticket than it is to buy a squad about to, genuinely, finish top six - especially with the idiots running the club at present.

Just a thought, but doesn't that rather show why 3pm matches aren't officially televised in the U.K.?

• Options

Just a thought, but doesn't that rather show why 3pm matches aren't officially televised in the U.K.?

Indeed but as the clubs get so much money from the TV companies now they should accept the inevitable and price the tickets accordingly and/or not dick about with people's clubs like these ar$eholes have.