Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Season ticket sales next season?

Comments

• Options

As its 25 years back, would they maybe price all ST at the average price back when we retuned?
    Using OUR achievement in getting us back to The Valley to almost blackmail us into buying.

That's a great idea and therefore not ever likely to occur to or be approved by the witless, feckless regime; not just because they "...don't care about the club's history..."
  • Options

I might pay £125 for my current upper west seat but only because at that level the convenience of being able to go if I really want to compensates for giving that septuagenarian shit for brains narcissist any money at all. Above that I can't make a case for continuing to prop up roly's toxic pantomime, whatever the division. If he bails out by the start of August I'll be in for the season and happy to pay up to about £345, buy programmes, coffee, half-time raffle thing, even in the 4th division.

Realistically if the best they can do is get £125 for a £500 seat they might as well build flats on The Valley starting tomorrow and, literally, withdraw from the Football League this afternoon.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    My intention was not to go this year, but it is hard to give up on your team and football. I won't buy a season ticket though - it was never about money for me having one. Although selling tickets at £150 as a one off would probably be a clever move by the owner as the day may come where those not going may not come again whatever. The slide needs to be arrested from teh business sense. He isn't clever though - I have worked that out when it comes to football - so the price will be the same and a few less will be buying!
  • Options

CAFCTrev said:

Could we see a further drop in average attendance next season? Most games being under 10k?

If we are still in this division, with Roland at the helm, then less than 10k crowds will almost certainly become the norm.
    That depends on who's doing the counting, if Pitch are doing the counting I can't see attendances dropping below 10k even if the Valley was empty. ;)
    JamesSeed said:

T.C.E said:

I reassessed myself from......
    A avid Charlton fan/supporter i.e.: season ticket holder, follower home and away when circumstances allow and a weekend spoilt by a bad result.
    To.........
    A Charlton follower. i.e. Catches up with results, often doesn't know who they are playing, would almost lose complete interest without this site and it doesn't matter that much if they lose.

If he sells will you be able to get your mojo back? That's the danger of drifting away.
    Its already concerning me, I will be back for the Upbeats walk my previous visit was the Upbeats walk as was visit before that. With a now busy schedule on a saturday which used to run up to kick off time allowing me to get home and follow the game. The popularity of my Training school is now running beyond the 3.00 KO time and what concerns me is I'm not missing it and its not a money thing. Its doing what I enjoy and it filled the void left when I stopped enjoying Charlton Athletic, I miss the social aspect of it meeting up with Dave Storry and others in the lib or wherever for a beer or three. I will be in Belgium next month and that I feel will be the decider for me, it could swing one way or the other.
  • Options
    The club don't care about the number of tickets sold, I mean it's only one third of the clubs income after all...
  • Options

I haven't bought a season ticket since this owner bought the club and will not all the time he owns it.
    The Standard supporter that used to post on here warned us all what would happen, (and it has), I took notice of him.

He has just gave me the lottery numbers for this week.
  • Options

The club don't care about the number of tickets sold, I mean it's only one third of the clubs income after all...

Not for much longer!
  • Options

Not for much longer!
    Not even this season.

After the relegation we lost the TV money so that third has gone making the much reduced ticket income a larger slice of the income.
  • Options

Not for much longer!
    It probably is still is roughly a third because all the other income is reduced, so it's a third of a much smaller number this season.

Not for much longer!
    Not even this season.

After the relegation we lost the TV money so that third has gone making the much reduced ticket income a larger slice of the income.
    Or maybe still a third just of a much smaller pie?
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:

Not for much longer!
    It probably is still is roughly a third because all the other income is reduced, so it's a third of a much smaller number this season.

Not for much longer!
    Not even this season.

Or maybe still a third just of a much smaller pie?
    Maybe but I suspect it's a bigger slice of a smaller cake
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    But Henry , KM said ticket sales are only 1/3 of our revenue !!
  • Options
    If it's a third of the revenue this season and the season ticket sales/revenues drop off a cliff (which is what I think will happen) it will, presumably be less than a third.

That is what I meant.
  • Options
    edited February 2017

I might pay £125 for my current upper west seat but only because at that level the convenience of being able to go if I really want to compensates for giving that septuagenarian shit for brains narcissist any money at all. Above that I can't make a case for continuing to prop up roly's toxic pantomime, whatever the division. If he bails out by the start of August I'll be in for the season and happy to pay up to about £345, buy programmes, coffee, half-time raffle thing, even in the 4th division.

Realistically if the best they can do is get £125 for a £500 seat they might as well build flats on The Valley starting tomorrow and, literally, withdraw from the Football League this afternoon.
    There must be cut off point after which it becomes untenable to run a football club. Yes, some people (including away fans) pay the going matchday rate (£17.50/20 - even the Kat Tax) but, after VAT, policing & stewards and simple match-day costs alone (not to mention running the squad), there can't be much profit, if any, left over when you've got most people paying on average £7.50/10 per match by ST. In that sense, as a business, yes, they might as well build flats, especially when any perceived future profit comes from selling Premiership stars of the future, not from actually being in the Premiership itself.
  • Options
    I think I will continue to fully support CARD and not renew until the season starts. I will not be buying a programme, replica shirt for my son etc and will be supporting the team and not the regime. COYR!
  • Options
    I found the statement from KM irritating at the time. Not because it isn't true, but she used it to make the point that the view of fans was not a priority. I think she and the owner would be better served trying to make the percentage bigger, not smaller. A successful club needs its fans and as many of them as it can attract.

I probably go to 80% of games now, and the ones I don't attend usually follow anger with the owner - like him making a crass statement or stuffing himself in his bistro whilst we were playing. I was a season ticket holder for many years as was my wife and son. I don't spend a penny in the ground - even if I am thirsty or hungry. No replica kits when we are normally good for 4 a season etc...

I don't know of any business that is better for disuading customers who really want to spend money with them.
  • Options

I found the statement from KM irritating at the time. Not because it isn't true, but she used it to make the point that the view of fans was not a priority. I think she and the owner would be better served trying to make the percentage bigger, not smaller. A successful club needs its fans and as many of them as it can attract.

I probably go to 80% of games now, and the ones I don't attend usually follow anger with the owner - like him making a crass statement or stuffing himself in his bistro whilst we were playing. I was a season ticket holder for many years as was my wife and son. I don't spend a penny in the ground - even if I am thirsty or hungry. No replica kits when we are normally good for 4 a season etc...

I don't know of any business that is better for disuading customers who really want to spend money with them.

I didn't renew, but found myself going to most games, and sitting with the same group of people I always sat with, so bought a half year season ticket. Having gone back to University, the student prices are very reasonably priced too...

If the people where I sit had stopped going, would I have sat there by myself? Possibly not. As it is, our section is pretty full
  • Options

"stuffing himself in his bistro whilst we were playing"

I agree with most of what you say but I can't see how you can hold it against the chap for going out for lunch on his birthday, rather that watching a stream of a football team he has no interest in but happens to own.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I agree with most of what you say but I can't see how you can hold it against the chap for going out for lunch on his birthday, rather that watching a stream of a football team he has no interest in but happens to own.
    Because Meire said he watches all of our games on a live stream. When he obviously does not.
  • Options
    edited February 2017

Because Meire said he watches all of our games on a live stream. When he obviously does not.
    This - if Meire said he wasn't that interested and watched the odd game on his stream, when he could be bothered, it would be completely different, but the official line is that he watches every game. It also has implications in terms of his ability to give the advice he does to managers if it is in question whether he watches games - but hey ho!
  • Options
    KR reckons he's (RD) only missed 4 in total.......

As above, I took KM's statement with I pinch of salt.

If asked I say I go to all home games. In reality due to something that comes up, might be a wedding, might be an emergency, caught late at work etc I normally miss 1 a season.
  • Options

Firstly, that's not what Muttley said. He said that he chooses not to attend games following discovering that RD is "stuffing himself in his bistro while we were playing". He never related it to being angry that one of the things KM said turned out to be less than 100% accurate. Which, in itself, would be ridiculous as we all know that she often says things that turn out not to be true. Also there is some wriggle room between 'all' of our games and most of our games. For twenty years I attended all but two home games but if any asked I would tell people I go to all the home games.

Secondly, it was his birthday. If my birthday falls on a weekend I tend to 'take the day off'. For me that might be going to Charlton but I think it is a little dramatic to make the point that finding out that the owner is having a meal with his family, on his birthday, when we are playing on a Sunday, makes one so angry that they can't face going to the next game.

I don't care if he watches us or not; I don't care if KM lies or not (because I'm past caring); and I think it is a little sad for either of them to affect someone's decision to go to a game or not. Just my view, of course, but when there is no shortage of things to be angry about with those two I find this logic to be a bit weird.
  • Options

Firstly, that's not what Muttley said. He said that he chooses not to attend games following discovering that RD is "stuffing himself in his bistro while we were playing". He never related it to being angry that one of the things KM said turned out to be less than 100% accurate. Which, in itself, would be ridiculous as we all know that she often says things that turn out not to be true. Also there is some wriggle room between 'all' of our games and most of our games. For twenty years I attended all but two home games but if any asked I would tell people I go to all the home games.

Secondly, it was his birthday. If my birthday falls on a weekend I tend to 'take the day off'. For me that might be going to Charlton but I think it is a little dramatic to make the point that finding out that the owner is having a meal with his family, on his birthday, when we are playing on a Sunday, makes one so angry that they can't face going to the next game.

I don't care if he watches us or not; I don't care if KM lies or not (because I'm past caring); and I think it is a little sad for either of them to affect someone's decision to go to a game or not. Just my view, of course, but when there is no shortage of things to be angry about with those two I find this logic to be a bit weird.
    Wasn't his birthday - that is on the 14th. We played on Saturday, November 12th.
  • Options
    With his network of clubs, wouldn't there sometimes be clashes with clubs he owns playing at the same time, or with overlaps?

Indeed, realistically does he have time to watch all 5(?) clubs he owns if they all play on the same Saturday?
  • Options
    edited February 2017

Wasn't his birthday - that is on the 14th. We played on Saturday, November 12th.
    My mistake, I thought the game was on a Sunday as it was on TV. I think my misunderstand about it being his birthday lunch was because I saw a video of fans singing Happy Birthday to him.

I'm not sure, however, that it changes my feelings on the subject.
  • Options

With his network of clubs, wouldn't there sometimes be clashes with clubs he owns playing at the same time, or with overlaps?

Indeed, realistically does he have time to watch all 5(?) clubs he owns if they all play on the same Saturday?

Realistically, of course, he only really watches his home-town club St Truiden. The one in his wife's name and the one where he has an apartment in the housing complex that dominates the stadium and where he can pop over for volt-au-vemts and a post-match boogie to commiserate with the supporters who still go at the latest disappointment (beaten 3-0 at home by Genk last night).
  • Options
    Whats the marketing push going to be for the 17/18 season tickets now this season is officially in the toilet? "Enjoy another dramatic season in L1 with some of the finest loans and free agents turning out for the Addicks!"
  • Options
    I think it's most likely that the number if those paying for 23 games and attending less than 15 will reduce and more fans will go to a match by match basis - I certainly intend to do that.

I have no idea how they will be able to convince people to commit to paying for a whole year upfront again.

I know this will make me unpopular but I was still able, just, to believe that we would make a decent fist of this season and the lower quality opposition would mean more successes on the pitch. I won't believe that again so the only way I'd attend now is if we are challenging andbif by the end of September we are mid table again I can stop going (and paying out) until the team's performances improve - something one can't do once a season ticket has been purchased.

So I do t think it matters what they say as very few will believe it, the only thing that will matter is the price.