Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Season ticket sales next season?

Comments

• Options

I renewed this season as I thought that reducing the price in the Lower North would mean I would loose my seat if I did not renew. But there are hundreds of empty seats.
    I will not renew next season.
    I am like so many, I do not really care at the moment.
    The atmosphere in the ground is pathetic.
    I am also getting annoyed that people in black and white scarfs are buying beers, burgers etc from the catering!

Tell them to hand over their scarves because they don't deserve them :smile:
  • Options
    EssexAl has already bought his.
  • Options

EssexAl has already bought his.

We've chipped in for yours
  • Options
    edited February 2017

I renewed this season as I thought that reducing the price in the Lower North would mean I would loose my seat if I did not renew. But there are hundreds of empty seats.
    I will not renew next season.
    I am like so many, I do not really care at the moment.
    The atmosphere in the ground is pathetic.
    I am also getting annoyed that people in black and white scarfs are buying beers, burgers etc from the catering!

So if you don't renew, this will stop b&w scarved fans buying food & drink ?
  • Options
    As its 25 years back, would they maybe price all ST at the average price back when we retuned?
    Using OUR achievement in getting us back to The Valley to almost blackmail us into buying.
  • Options

No but it will stop me being annoyed by people wearing the scarfs( the scarf being a sign of protest against how RD/ KM run the club) one of the main aspects of the protest is not to buy merchandise.

It does seem contradictory but when I and others gave out the scarfs there was no contract or code of conduct.

Others may equally say you are breaking the boycott by buying a season ticket but that is your choice just as it theirs to buy beer.

Each of us protests in their own way or even for a few not at all.
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited February 2017
    CAFCTrev said:

So the club are probably finalizing their strategy for selling season tickets next season, ...........

That's quite a big assumption. It would be a turn around to how the club has been run up to now under the current mob,
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I agree. I wish I had not renewed.
    The huge downside is that last season the protests were very good and could. With fewer attending the effect has gone.
    Apathy seems to rule.
    Good luck to you all going to Belgium.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    I won't be buying a season ticket unless at least two of the following happen (when I'll think about it) or all three (I'll be first in the queue):

1. Roland and Daisy go away;
    2. We get promoted;
    3. ST prices for anywhere I'd want to sit are drastically reduced (assuming we are not promoted).

I didn't renew for a number of reasons. These were:

1. Utter disillusionment at the regime:
    2. Utter disillusionment at the standard of league 1 football:
    3. The "buy by April or we'll give your seat away" ploy. (You've no idea how much that annoyed me).

None of those factors have changed. Once I'd crossed the rubicon of giving up a seat I really liked beside people I really liked that was that. To be honest I was only going latterly because of the theatre of the protests. I've been to four games this season (paid for two of them). It doesn't feel like it used to. I'm still a supporter. That will never change. But I just don't get much enjoyment from going at the moment so I'm not going to commit myself.
  • Options
    Could we see a further drop in average attendance next season? Most games being under 10k?
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:

Could we see a further drop in average attendance next season? Most games being under 10k?

If we are still in this division, with Roland at the helm, then less than 10k crowds will almost certainly become the norm.
  • Options

CAFCTrev said:

If we are still in this division, with Roland at the helm, then less than 10k crowds will almost certainly become the norm.
    The thought sends a shiver down your spine.
  • Options
    Target 20k going well then!
  • Options

I spend quite a bit of time in Bradford, in laws are ST holders. The big difference is that Bradford actually care about their fans, the team and have people who actually know how to run a real community club properly. Things will continue as they are with us until they are gone

Yes but Meire, Keohone and target 20k won't look that deeply into it.

15k STs (IIRC) so let's copy Bradford but without copying all the things you've mentioned, only the pricing.

Meire, Cajones and T20k will then wonder why it hasn't worked as they'll think they did everything right.
    @Henry Irving Any idea when season tickets were first introduced at Charlton, or football generally?

I'll be renewing for myself and my son. Would like to get one for his brother, but he seems to be welded to a Playstation on Saturdays.

The declining attendances are alarming, and you wonder if they'll ever recover, even with a sale of the club to new owners. I guess promotion to the 'Premiership' might fill The Valley, but, as seen at the London Stadium, there'd be more neutrals than home fans.
  • Options
    T.C.E said:

I reassessed myself from......
    A avid Charlton fan/supporter i.e.: season ticket holder, follower home and away when circumstances allow and a weekend spoilt by a bad result.
    To.........
    A Charlton follower. i.e. Catches up with results, often doesn't know who they are playing, would almost lose complete interest without this site and it doesn't matter that much if they lose.

If he sells will you be able to get your mojo back? That's the danger of drifting away.
  • Options
    Other than the obvious (change of ownership and improved results on the pitch) then I think a way of increasing numbers would be to:

Simplify the pricing structure, maybe 3 different prices £150 all of North Stand and quadrants, £175 all of East Stand and upper West, £200 all of Lower west (All prices just guesswork). With small concessions for seniors (maybe none as prices already discounted heavily) and very low prices for under 11’s. Not sure what this would do to match-day revenue but increased expenditure on programme/catering/merchandise etc. would offset some of the reduction in seat prices.

Make it ‘special’ to be a season ticket holder. At present it doesn’t really feel any different to buying a match day ticket, except you have the same guaranteed seat and save money over buying on match days (assuming you attend all the home games). As an S/T holder you don’t really feel special – when you should be valued more. Some suggestions would be a subset of the match-day programme available as a PDF for free the following day, vouchers for food/drink, discounts in the club store, enhanced Wi-Fi, free (or heavily discounted) CAFC Player subscription. Membership of a new CAFC S/T holder’s club. I’m sure there are others that would make an S/T holder think about renewing or buying.

As I said at the top – it’s obvious to me that the main thing is improved performance on the pitch and, hopefully a change of ownership to owner’s that care more about the club, it’s history and the fans/community – that would probably see the biggest uplift in S/T sales.
  • Options
    I haven't bought a season ticket since this owner bought the club and will not all the time he owns it.
    The Standard supporter that used to post on here warned us all what would happen, (and it has), I took notice of him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2017
    Wont be renewing mine, not out of protest - but watching League 1 football in a stale atmosphere is just a rubbish way to spend a Saturday.

Finally giving in to the "why do I do this?!" question that bangs around my head every match!
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    cafc-west said:

Make it ‘special’ to be a season ticket holder. At present it doesn’t really feel any different to buying a match day ticket, except you have the same guaranteed seat and save money over buying on match days (assuming you attend all the home games). As an S/T holder you don’t really feel special – when you should be valued more. Some suggestions would be a subset of the match-day programme available as a PDF for free the following day, vouchers for food/drink, discounts in the club store, enhanced Wi-Fi, free (or heavily discounted) CAFC Player subscription. Membership of a new CAFC S/T holder’s club. I’m sure there are others that would make an S/T holder think about renewing or buying.

@Airman Brown thats your cue buddy!
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    cafc-west said:

Other than the obvious (change of ownership and improved results on the pitch) then I think a way of increasing numbers would be to:

Simplify the pricing structure, maybe 3 different prices £150 all of North Stand and quadrants, £175 all of East Stand and upper West, £200 all of Lower west (All prices just guesswork). With small concessions for seniors (maybe none as prices already discounted heavily) and very low prices for under 11’s. Not sure what this would do to match-day revenue but increased expenditure on programme/catering/merchandise etc. would offset some of the reduction in seat prices.

As I said at the top – it’s obvious to me that the main thing is improved performance on the pitch and, hopefully a change of ownership to owner’s that care more about the club, it’s history and the fans/community – that would probably see the biggest uplift in S/T sales.

It's largely a myth that other purchases compensate for lower ticket prices. The average spend is low and cost of sale is significant. £2 per head per game as an uplift from the additional ticket sales would be generous. And that's without the complication of franchising out and the revenue lost from existing purchasers when prices are reduced.
  • Options

cafc-west said:

It's largely a myth that other purchases compensate for lower ticket prices. The average spend is low and cost of sale is significant. £2 per head per game as an uplift from the additional ticket sales would be generous. And that's without the complication of franchising out and the revenue lost from existing purchasers when prices are reduced.
    Thanks for the comments. Yes I guess you would need a significant uptake in both S/T sales and in-ground purchases to offset reduced cost of S/T prices. I'm sure that there must be someone in the club who can use Excel professionally to a level where they can create a model and do some 'What If' analyses...
  • Options
    No incentive to purchase one.
    Won't be able to make all 23 matches.
    Not worried about having a designated seat.
    Probably only 1 away match that will be on restricted sale which won't go onsale to members.

Price isn't an issue for me whilst Roland is in charge.

• Options
    Is there some kind of parachute payment for clubs relegated from the Championship @Henry Irving and, if so, how long for?

Otherwise, I'd imagine, give the massive drop in TV money in L1, that we're far more dependant on tickets sales as a % of revenue. If so, a boycott would hit Roland where it hurts most - his pocket.

The argument about a boycott aside (and I support those who refuse giving Roland another £1 of their hard earned), I suppose £7.50 a game isn't bad value in today's climate - although I'd be interested to know how that compares to, say, the cheapest ST at West Ham (or even similar clubs like Orient, Brentford, Millwall). However, if the regime continues to serve up the same dross, then even £7.50 will be seen as far too much, and people might just wait for those Football for a Fiver games to get their fix
  • Options

Is there some kind of parachute payment for clubs relegated from the Championship @Henry Irving and, if so, how long for?

Otherwise, I'd imagine, give the massive drop in TV money in L1, that we're far more dependant on tickets sales as a % of revenue. If so, a boycott would hit Roland where it hurts most - his pocket.

The argument about a boycott aside (and I support those who refuse giving Roland another £1 of their hard earned), I suppose £7.50 a game isn't bad value in today's climate - although I'd be interested to know how that compares to, say, the cheapest ST at West Ham (or even similar clubs like Orient, Brentford, Millwall). However, if the regime continues to serve up the same dross, then even £7.50 will be seen as far too much, and people might just wait for those Football for a Fiver games to get their fix

No.
  • Options

My decision will be more straight forward:

1/ "Are you interested in buying a season ticket sir?" "Are RD & KM still in charge" "Yes" "F off"

2/ "Are you interested in buying a season ticket sir?" "Are RD & KM still in charge" "No" "Put me down for four in the East Stand"

hahaha exactly this, I don't need a "special S/T holders club", i don't even need improved performances on the pitch. All i want is an owner who cares about Charlton Athletic Football Club.

Once we rid the club of this cancer i will look forward to walking down Floyd Road & through the gates into Our Valley & watch Our Football Team. Until then I'll continue to find other things to do on a saturday.
  • Options
    I might pay £125 for my current upper west seat but only because at that level the convenience of being able to go if I really want to compensates for giving that septuagenarian shit for brains narcissist any money at all. Above that I can't make a case for continuing to prop up roly's toxic pantomime, whatever the division. If he bails out by the start of August I'll be in for the season and happy to pay up to about £345, buy programmes, coffee, half-time raffle thing, even in the 4th division.