Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Congratulations Lincoln

Comments

• Options
    When i stayed in Lincoln a couple of years ago, the owner of the B&B and his wife were both Burnley season ticket holders, bet they will get stick tonight when they go back.
  • Options

Hopefully Lincoln can use some of their financial windfall to treat their big striker, with the worst combover since Bobby Charlton, to a haircut.
  • Options
    Well done to the Imps on their promotion back to the league.

Have been to a few of their games this season and have even finally seen them win a game or three, after watching them in about a dozen winless matches over the past decade or so.

And Lincoln is a nice town with a lovely church to boot, isn't it @Boom ?
    ;-)
  • Options
    The power of Brexit got them there..
  • Options
    Pleased they're back in the League. Well deserved.
  • Options
    Pleased for the club. However, my mate who follows non league with a passion said they have a widely disliked and nasty following, and a lot of non league clubs will be glad to be rid of them.
  • Options

Pleased for the club. However, my mate who follows non league with a passion said they have a widely disliked and nasty following, and a lot of non league clubs will be glad to be rid of them.

Possibly. But it seems like every club to ever get promoted in non-league has the same labels attached.

• Options
    Off_it said:

Well done to the Imps on their promotion back to the league.

Have been to a few of their games this season and have even finally seen them win a game or three, after watching them in about a dozen winless matches over the past decade or so.

And Lincoln is a nice town with a lovely church to boot, isn't it @Boom ?
    ;-)

Church!!!!!!
    It's a bloody HUGE cathedral!
  • Options
    Oh it's boom who's in Lincoln.
    I asked some if he was badger on Charlton life when he said he was from Lincoln and they had just gone up.
  • Options
    Over 10k there yesterday, better crowds than us!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Been a few times this year. Every club has its idiots. They have a great supporters bar with good beers and local ale, puts ours to shame.
  • Options
    Shame fielding a full strength team in the cup spoiled their league ambitions... :tongue:
  • Options

Shame fielding a full strength team in the cup spoiled their league ambitions... :tongue:

Yes, it shows how success breeds success
  • Options
    Think its amazing how they've kept the Cowley Brothers

No offence to Lincoln but those two are surely on an upward curve that'll surely soon eclipse what Lincoln can achieve
  • Options
    Great so if we don't get promoted we'll have to go to Lincoln away next season who play sirens whenever they get a corner.

Another reason to get out of this league ASAP.
  • Options
    Lincoln vs Ipswich next season confirmed today! 
  • Options
    In the time we've been stuck in league one, Lincoln have won the National league, got to an FA Cup quarter final, won the Checkatrade trophy, and now won promotion out of league 2, likely as champions. 
  • Options
    In the time we've been stuck in league one, Lincoln have won the National league, got to an FA Cup quarter final, won the Checkatrade trophy, and now won promotion out of league 2, likely as champions. 
    And you just know they will do the double over us next year ......
  • Options

No offence to Lincoln but those two are surely on an upward curve that'll surely soon eclipse what Lincoln can achieve
    Is that the same Cowley that was manager of Concord Rangers?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Yeah, went on to manage @ Braintree before being appointed by Lincoln
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    I presume you mean FA Cup and League Cup?
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Nope
  • Options

Never knew he ended up there. Met him a couple of times hes a really nice guy, got injured and ended his playing career.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Off_it said:
    Nope
    Whoosh!!... Cant see why we'd be facing them in the League :)
  • Options

Never knew he ended up there. Met him a couple of times hes a really nice guy, got injured and ended his playing career.
    Didnt he become a PE Teacher during his early days of Management?

Has always seemed a nice guy when doing his Post Match Interviews - If Charlton had a proper owner and wanted someone outside the club as Manager then he'd be my first choice for the job here
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Off_it said:
    Nope
    Whoosh!!... Cant see why we'd be facing them in the League :)
    Whooosh, yourself. I can.
  • Options

Didnt he become a PE Teacher during his early days of Management?

Has always seemed a nice guy when doing his Post Match Interviews - If Charlton had a proper owner and wanted someone outside the club as Manager then he'd be my first choice for the job here
    Not sure about the PE mate. When i first met him Concord had not long lost in a playoff semi or final cant remember? He was not even boasting but said they would get promotion the next season and they did. 
  • Options
    Yep, he was a PE teacher for a bit
  • Options
    Congratulations Lincoln,

The Gettysburg Address was excellent.