Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Congratulations Lincoln

Comments

• Fiiish said:

Joking aside, any place with a decent chef will quite happily cater to all dietary requirements.

One thing you won't find on TripAdvisor or the Internet is the specials, and plenty of rural places will have seasonal meals on the blackboard.

OK, please everyone return to the regularly scheduled lunacy.

Seriously, the amount of people who don't give a toss or understand the sensibilities of a vegetarian, including chefs, is mind boggling.
    They're not chefs then.

Most decent chefs will put together a tasty vegetarian option on the spot, if you ask them to.

• You have to man utd v wigan another evenly matched exciting game for the viewer.
  • Shows what they say about looking after their clubs at all levels is absolute nonsense. They only care about the bigger teams and how they must ensure that Man United are on TV. Same goes with Leeds. I bet they're gutted Sutton beat them and now Leeds can't be TV in the next round.

If Lincoln aren't on TV in this next round, no matter who they play, it's disgraceful. But I bet one of the big Premier League teams will be which will be a nothing game in comparison.

Yes The FA do a lot of grassroots work, but ultimately they only really care about the teams at the top.
  • Early contender for thread of the year.
    Lincs might be a complete tool, but he's definitely box office.
  • I must be a twat yokel....don't get the rant at all

Press the ignore button mate.
    seth plum said:

My sister, who sadly died in Lincoln the night before the first game of the season, was persuaded to move to Normanby-by-Spital many years ago by her husband.
    I know she had misgivings and regrets leaving London, but I have a nephew and nieces in the area and they have made lives for themselves up there.
    I wouldn't choose to move to Lincolnshire myself, but apart from being flat and windy and pretty cold it seems fair enough...I always imagine folk there are pretty obsessed with cars and motorbikes which is also fair enough because getting around is a chore.
    I have to admit for a rural place I have never had a decent meal in Lincoln or Lincolnshire.
    However in London one uses the word 'pleb' don't you know, not 'yokel', I couldn't get used to the manner of speech up there, me duck.

I know Normanby very well. There's plenty of good restaurants in Lincoln. Can't comment on veggie options but then I'm an ignorant yokel twat, so to be expected. However, I would imagine it's very unlikely that you've had a good veggie meal in the bottle and glass!

• Uboat said:

Early contender for thread of the year.
    Lincs might be a complete tool, but he's definitely box office.

it takes a versatile tool to move some of the stiff nuts and cranks on here mush .. Box Office ? (to quote Joe Pesci in 'Goodfellas') do you find me amusing ?
  • The only thing missing on this thread is Elfsborg
  • stonemuse said:

Leave @Lincsaddick alone .. He's got good taste in music and literature :smiley:

post of the month, probably of the year .. many thanks @stonemuse .. a man who recognises class (and modesty) when he finds it ((:>)
  • Sponsored links:

• Theres a fantastic pie shop/restaurant at the top of that bloody hill. browns i think it is and one the best pubs, the strugglers near the castle. I like the imps glad their doing well.

what hill ? ... according to Seth, Lincoln is as flat as witches tits as well as cold, windy, wet and generally 'orrible
  • Theres a fantastic pie shop/restaurant at the top of that bloody hill. browns i think it is and one the best pubs, the strugglers near the castle. I like the imps glad their doing well.

what hill ? ... according to Seth, Lincoln is as flat as witches tits as well as cold, windy, wet and generally 'orrible
    I had a girlfriend like that once.
    Only you Dave, only you. :wink:
  • edited January 2017
  • @Charlton_Stu reports that Theo Robinson has joined Saafend .. he's on fire right now but in the past has flattered to deceive .. could be that he'll score enough to get them into the play offs, or not ((:>)

BUT, presumably we had no interest in him at all, why not ? .. instead we get an untried lad from Arsenal
  • Results like this make me have some faith in this once great competition - Well done Lincoln
  • Brilliant & well deserved.
  • Great game to watch and great to see the underdog win (that will do for giant killing today).

Another win for Brexit
  • Well done Lincoln!
  • Sponsored links:

• Fantastic news

On the downside, will probably prove to be Millwall's easy route to Wembley :wink:
  • GREAT RESULT. The FA CUP romance is back. Well done Lincoln!
  • Could have been us...our route in the draw.
  • Go on Lincoln F* you Joey Barton
  • C_A_F_C said:

Could have been us...our route in the draw.

Could have been us losing to Lincoln?
    That was partly my thinking
  • Tutt-Tutt said:

Fantastic. Managers who field weakened teams in the FA Cup deserve it for trying to be clever. Burnley deserved that, falling about trying to win cheap FKs. Barton was a disgrace and bottled it against the big boy Rhead. He needs to get a ban for diving about making out he's been elbowed. That matched the famous Rivaldo dive.

Long live the FA Cup.

Wasn't a particularly weakened side though was it
  • sam3110 said:

Tutt-Tutt said:

Fantastic. Managers who field weakened teams in the FA Cup deserve it for trying to be clever. Burnley deserved that, falling about trying to win cheap FKs. Barton was a disgrace and bottled it against the big boy Rhead. He needs to get a ban for diving about making out he's been elbowed. That matched the famous Rivaldo dive.

Long live the FA Cup.

Wasn't a particularly weakened side though was it
    6 changes, or did I mis-hear the commentator?