Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

January (2017) Transfer (Rumours) Thread - (Deadline Dayfrom page 67)

Comments

• Options
    Hoping the fact that he looks to be keeping the fox and lookman and not properly reinvesting any of it is a sign he's about to jump ship
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

Hoping the fact that he looks to be keeping the fox and lookman and not properly reinvesting any of it is a sign he's about to jump ship

I think the opposite, he thinks he can sell and get in cheaper and kr will get us up, he then will repeat with konza and aribo
  • Options

J BLOCK said:

I think the opposite, he thinks he can sell and get in cheaper and kr will get us up, he then will repeat with konza and aribo
    Yep this.
  • Options
    Lots of interesting comments on here but RUMOURS!?
  • Options

J BLOCK said:

Neither of them are in the Gomez/Lookman league money wise, so even if he stays and sells them next year he will not recoup his losses for the season. Better he go now - the best chance he has of not losing more than 1.5% of his fortune.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

SDAddick said:

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/14908/charlton-boss-sheffield-united-got-cheaper-deal-got-quoted-mk-midfielder/

Didn't see this elsewhere. Is it just me or since this lot came in as owners have we missed out on more players than usual or do they just like to publicise it More? (This is despite the 200 odd players that have passed through our doors in the 3 years!)

I'd be skeptical of this, I don't know that KR knows any of that for a fact, or if he is speaking literally or metaphorically about players going to Charlton costing him more.

Who was it in the summer that we missed out on despite offering more? Also, I think we offered less to Novak and Ajose, or maybe it was that Champo clubs were after them and we got them.

Add to that the fact that, as we've talked about a lot with the Lookman deal, transfers can come down a lot to how deals are structured, and I wouldn't necessarily put too much weight into this kind of stuff. Same with us bidding low for Moncur in the summer and now Dempsey, I think reported fees can be misleading.
    I'm not. The biggest difference between us and Sheffield United? They hadn't (or were just about to) sell one of their players for £11 million.

Of course they were going to ask for more. And I don't blame them.
    And this régime try to keep incoming transfer fees undisclosed, as the previous one did. Now, I don't trust this lot as far as I could kick them, but I can see the sense in this. On the other hand, Katie's "We bid £millions for so-and-so but couldn't get the deal over the line" is just so much hot air.
    But it's not just this regime, it's every club in every division in every country, every one tries to keep transfer fees undisclosed.
    That's not entirely true, but even if it was the people they are keeping them secret from are the fans, not the people involved in the business of football. It has no effect on the latter at all, because they know anyway.
  • Options
    cafc-west said:

How about "cafc-west is a transexual assassin"?
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:

J BLOCK said:

Neither of them are in the Gomez/Lookman league money wise, so even if he stays and sells them next year he will not recoup his losses for the season. Better he go now - the best chance he has of not losing more than 1.5% of his fortune.
    Aribo and Konsa's values will continue to rise with experience and games. Their values will be greater if we are in the Championship and RD knows that. He is a businessman with no emotional buy-in to the club (as we are all well aware). But IMO he will not recoup much of his purchase price and/or debt owed to him in League One. Our best hope is promotion and then he will consider selling. All conjecture.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2017
    Pedro45 said:

J BLOCK said:

He had one good round of flogging off Standard's players and pocketed €20m, then buggered off. So far, he's made nothing out of Charlton, except possibly the interest on his loans and that assumes he can get his loans repaid. As you say, Konsa and Aribo are not going to bring in the same sort of money as Gomez and Lookman, so where's his payday coming from?
  • Options

cafc-west said:

Source?
  • Options

cafc-west said:

Source?
    Charlton related rumours not mere (incorrect) conjecture...!
  • Options
    cafc-west said:

cafc-west said:

How about "cafc-west is a transsexual assassin"?
    Source?
    Charlton related rumours not mere (incorrect) conjecture...!
    So, you thought you needed to deny it. Does that move it up from mere conjecture to a rumour? I think it's time to change my name and move to a secure location.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

sam3110 said:

SDAddick said:

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/14908/charlton-boss-sheffield-united-got-cheaper-deal-got-quoted-mk-midfielder/

Didn't see this elsewhere. Is it just me or since this lot came in as owners have we missed out on more players than usual or do they just like to publicise it More? (This is despite the 200 odd players that have passed through our doors in the 3 years!)

I'd be skeptical of this, I don't know that KR knows any of that for a fact, or if he is speaking literally or metaphorically about players going to Charlton costing him more.

Who was it in the summer that we missed out on despite offering more? Also, I think we offered less to Novak and Ajose, or maybe it was that Champo clubs were after them and we got them.

Add to that the fact that, as we've talked about a lot with the Lookman deal, transfers can come down a lot to how deals are structured, and I wouldn't necessarily put too much weight into this kind of stuff. Same with us bidding low for Moncur in the summer and now Dempsey, I think reported fees can be misleading.
    I'm not. The biggest difference between us and Sheffield United? They hadn't (or were just about to) sell one of their players for £11 million.

Of course they were going to ask for more. And I don't blame them.
    And this régime try to keep incoming transfer fees undisclosed, as the previous one did. Now, I don't trust this lot as far as I could kick them, but I can see the sense in this. On the other hand, Katie's "We bid £millions for so-and-so but couldn't get the deal over the line" is just so much hot air.
    But it's not just this regime, it's every club in every division in every country, every one tries to keep transfer fees undisclosed.
    That's not entirely true, but even if it was the people they are keeping them secret from are the fans, not the people involved in the business of football. It has no effect on the latter at all, because they know anyway.
    Well going through the BBC transfer list and there's only half a dozen transfers with a fee reported next to them, 2 say a reported number and one of the others is 11m for Lookman, despite the fact both us and Everton announced it as undisclosed.

What I'm getting at is it's not something that can be used to berate the regime with, there's plenty of other shit that sticks, the whole undisclosed thing is just a quirk of the modern game
    Agreed, but the regime are still a bunch of shithouses.
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:

J BLOCK said:

If we don't go up this season I think he'll put the club up for sale in the summer and take a hit. What I'm very confident of next season is absolutely zero/minimal incomings if we're still in league one
  • Options

New players' shirts numbers according to Dr Kish - Page 2, Watt 7, Forster-Caskey 19, DeSilva 36@KettsDrKish #cafc @CAFCofficial

— CharltonAthMuseum (@CHATHMuseum) January 11, 2017
  • Options

New players' shirts numbers according to Dr Kish - Page 2, Watt 7, Forster-Caskey 19, DeSilva 36@KettsDrKish #cafc @CAFCofficial

— CharltonAthMuseum (@CHATHMuseum) January 11, 2017

Interesting, would've thought Byrne would've been either 2 or 7. Which means he must be 21 as that seems the only lower number that's left.

Watt as number 7 will look odd too. Shame Muldoon has 23 and Aribo 32, but at least this indicates he will be playing as and when he's fit.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    As if Tony Watt will still be here by February.
  • Options
    Who is number 3 again? Kashi? Lol
  • Options

A left back wearing no. 2 is all wrong.

Why hasn't Solly ever taken the number 2 shirt? Does he just prefer his current number?
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Dizzle said:

Who is number 3 again? Kashi? Lol

Chicksen.

@Lincsaddick I told you JFC would take 19!!!!!! GET IN THERE!!!!!!!

I sort of suspect that no. 7 shirt will go to Reeves at the end of the month but we'll see. A fit and firing Tony Watt would be great but is in no way guaranteed.

Also, should tag @lancashire lad as he's been dying to know, just as I have as I'd like to update my FIFA team.

Side note: how annoying is it that Aribo still isn't in FIFA? Ridiculous.
  • Options

A left back wearing no. 2 is all wrong.

Why hasn't Solly ever taken the number 2 shirt? Does he just prefer his current number?
    Dunno, I guess some players just have favourite numbers. I'm old fashioned, but I still like to see the numbers 1 to 11 go to players who play in the positions traditionally assigned to that number.

Still, at least we don't have a centre back wearing no. 1 like that time we handed out numbers in alphabetical order.
  • Options
    I'd have thought Byrne takes 2 & JFC takes 7.
  • Options

I'd have thought Byrne takes 2 & JFC takes 7.

KR talked about Byrne being a winger or number 10 rather than a right back.
  • Options
    Chris Eagles has signed for Port Vale, free transfer.
  • Options

Chris Eagles has signed for Port Vale, free transfer.

So not a rumour then