Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

christmas drinks

Comments

• Options
    stonemuse said:

Beer in the morning and have a couple bottles of Chateau Neuf De Pape that I ain't sharing with anyone, whilst I cook the dinner, a nice Barolo which I ain't sharing with anyone for dinner, the mother in law can have the merlot I have in the cupboard.

Barolo ,...don't blame you for not sharing, gorgeous wine.
    After amarone, my favourite wine.
  • Options
    Bucks fizz for breakfast, then prosecco, red wine and cocktails provided by me and my brother. Oh, and I've a bottle of whisky for me and Remy Martin for him!

We're half Irish.
  • Options
    Just got started on a malbec
  • Options
    Why would you call it that?!
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    Buck's Fizz on Christmas morning. We seem to have amassed seven or eight bottles of prosecco and need to find a way of using it up...
    Get some Aperol and have a Spritz or two.
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    Buck's Fizz on Christmas morning. We seem to have amassed seven or eight bottles of prosecco and need to find a way of using it up...
    Get some Aperol and have a Spritz or two.
    Or use it in a limoncello spritz.
  • Options
    Because it’s alcohol free!😉
  • Options
    muppetman said:
    Yeah, I get that.

It's just a bit "I wouldn't go in the 9B classroom after PE if I was you, stinks of Aromatic Virgin and Lynx Africa."

• Options
    muppetman said:
    Yeah, I get that.

It's just a bit "I wouldn't go in the 9B classroom after PE if I was you, stinks of Aromatic Virgin and Lynx Africa."

Exactly.

But in the pretentious worlds of marketing and "craft" gin I bet they are sucking themselves off to that "witty" bit of genius. 
  • Options
    Cointreau, bitters and champagne cocktail at breakfast; crisp white with the pork at lunch; Tokaj with the dessert which is home-made Florentines. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2021
    Freixenet cava...(£6 why wouldn't you) for bucks fizz ( though I usually opt out of the orange juice for the second glass) then a whisky coffee and so on into food prep with a duval and it's all a bit of a blur after that..
  • Options
    Got my usual collection of poncy drinks in for Christmas day, spending far too much in the middle of November  

However, will probably just stick to some Bols, LBV and a decent Sherry pre lunch, a good quality Barolo with the lunch and some Remy Martin Champagne Cognac post meal.

If I'm still alive, then the Taittinger will come out in the evening   B)
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    Got my usual collection of poncy drinks in for Christmas day, spending far too much in the middle of November  

However, will probably just stick to some Bols, LBV and a decent Sherry pre lunch, a good quality Barolo with the lunch and some Remy Martin Champagne Cognac post meal.

Sherry?!!!!
  • Options
    You don't see any sherry/port ads now at Christmas...well I haven't/
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    iaitch said:
    well apart from @Addickted and a few other survivors of the first world war, no one drinks it anymore. 
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    well apart from @Addickted and a few other survivors of the first world war, no one drinks it anymore. 
    That's a bit below the belt!! I occasionally partake in having a nice vintage port with cheese after a meal - sometimes with and sometimes without brandy. Can't remember the last time I drank sherry though! 
  • Options
    Addickted said:

Sherry?!!!!
    3 young ladies here as well - then another different three on Boxing Day.

I'm sure it'll go down well and it's not as if it doesn't last.
  • Options
    Christmas Day without a LBV or a Remy Martin? Philistines.

At least @bobmunro appreciates the finer things in life. What's the point in producing some of the Worlds finest alcoholic beverages if you are unable to get you children to actually try them and your philistine sister to add lemonade to a £50 late bottled vintage port.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    iaitch said:
    That's a bit below the belt!! I occasionally partake in having a nice vintage port with cheese after a meal - sometimes with and sometimes without brandy. Can't remember the last time I drank sherry though! 
    well, one does need to keep refreshed especially after a hunt 
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    iaitch said:
    I stopped eating Foie Gras 8 years ago (mainly due to @KBslittlesis and @Arsenetatters) so let me have my little pleasures. 

12 minutes until my first Bols  :smile:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2021
    Port and Stilton with crackers (Ritz for me) is very nice but I haven't had it for years. Probably because nobody else likes it! 
  • Options
    sun is passed the yardarm. crack open the Bols! 
  • Options
    OK I've decided to come out of the closet and be loud and proud .... I drink Sherry!! 
  • Options
    Can someone open the lid for me please?

See the source image

• Options
    bobmunro said:
    iaitch said:
    Before and during also!
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    bobmunro said:
    iaitch said:
    Before and during also!
    surprised you could even stay on the horse 
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    bobmunro said:
    iaitch said:
    Before and during also!
    surprised you could even stay on the horse 
    Funny you should say that - I normally fall off!
  • Options
    Always have glass or two of sherry on Christmas morning, it wouldn't be the same without it.
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    bobmunro said:
    iaitch said:
    I stopped eating Foie Gras 8 years ago (mainly due to @KBslittlesis and @Arsenetatters) so let me have my little pleasures. 

12 minutes until my first Bols  :smile:
    Oops, sorry old bean.
    Down the hatch & Merry Christmas 🥃
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    Can someone open the lid for me please?

See the source image

you've made me want some....