Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

christmas drinks

124»

Comments

• Options
    Lemsip with a dash of Tumeric and a sprinkling of ginger.

A new one on me.
  • Options
    I have to work Xmas night, so just a couple of bottles of Moretti zero for me. But I don’t have to drive Boxing Day because the games off. So I may have a couple of Sherry shandy’s, some Spaten lager with dinner and I usually get a bottle of port as a gift from a resident I work for, so will hopefully finish the night with a large glass.😉
  • Options
    Been a bit cheeky, but opened a present from my mum early as we are not there tomorrow due to covid in my household, a bottle of single malt whisky from South Africa at 54%. I'm intrigued and counting the hours down to give it a go.

• Options
    Beer 
  • Options
    Here in Oz Christmas Day is normally roasting hot so you have to factor that into your boozing or else you will come a cropper!

Couple of years back I premixed a 750ml bottle of Vodka Martini and was so pissed by 5pm that I got bowled first ball by my arsehole brother in law during street cricket and then fell asleep at the table.

Needless to say my Missus wasn’t all that happy.
  • Options
    So, sherry and port. Essentially the same?
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    iaitch said:
    You don't see any sherry/port ads now at Christmas...well I haven't/
    well apart from @Addickted and a few other survivors of the first world war, no one drinks it anymore. 
    That's a bit below the belt!! I occasionally partake in having a nice vintage port with cheese after a meal - sometimes with and sometimes without brandy. Can't remember the last time I drank sherry though! 
    Bang on Bob, love a drop of vintage port, especially with cheese. Not had sherry for years though.
  • Options
    iainment said:
    So, sherry and port. Essentially the same?
    Port, Portugal, red wine; Sherry, Spain, White wine; but related....and both lovely.
  • Options
    Starting with a beer now. A bottle of Leoville-Poyferre 2008 decanted for lunch. 
  • Options
    As usual started with a Baileys 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    got this as a gift from my mum. Wasn't too sure. Very harsh start, but very peppery almost then tasted like parma violets with a dry finish. But overall very nice although I'm going to open my 25yr Laphroaig when I get to my mums and polish that off.
  • Options
    Straight in with a golden ale
  • Options
    Tanqueray 10
  • Options
    Just getting warmed up with an Fullers ESB but got some meatier Christmas ales lined up for later. The missus is on the snowballs 🤦🏻‍♂️
  • Options
    Glass of fizz with breakfast, glass of Plum Porter Ale and the Château Neuf with lunch.