Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Russell Slade - leading football data collection action (p2)

Comments

• Options
    Good luck to the bloke. I actually don't think he did too much wrong with us, he made us tougher to beat that is for sure. Yeah I know we drew too many games and some of his substitutions were a 'little strange' but who knows how well/or not he would have done?
    Someone once said if you don't concede you don't lose..........................as long as they don't beat us I wish him all the best.
  • Options
    Fuck me he does pick em. I actually feel sorry for him if I'm honest
  • Options
    Good luck to him. Didn't deserve the sack .
  • Options

He really doesn't give a shit who he works for does he. Obviously likes collecting the redundancy cheques.

Next he will become the North Korean Football team manager!

Fairly sure that'd be a job for life - because when they terminate a contract...
  • Options
    I'm fairly sure he has a home in the Midlands so convenient for him .
    Probably explains why he has taken it .
  • Options

I'm fairly sure he has a home in the Midlands so convenient for him .
    Probably explains why he has taken it .

I'm fairly sure desperation came before convenience.
  • Options
    The danger is that he will cherry-pick our finest.
  • Options

The danger is that he will cherry-pick our finest.

Rojo crofts and fox
  • Options
    Slade may have got 0-0 at Millwall and we would have hated him for it.
  • Options
    Is it any worse than working for roland
    I think not
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Fuck me he does pick em. I actually feel sorry for him if I'm honest

Why as one door closes another compensation cheque is picked up. His compensation from us is an alleged 1 years salary, not bad.
  • Options
    1-1 first game?
  • Options

He's getting paid for what he's most qualified to do. What else would he do ?

I'm just surprised he's gone there.
  • Options
    cabbles said:

He's like Allardyce - happy to take a job anywhere. Which is the complete opposite of Curbs who has suffered as a result of his "pickiness".
  • Options
    edited December 2016

cabbles said:

He's like Allardyce - happy to take a job anywhere. Which is the complete opposite of Curbs who has suffered as a result of his "pickiness".
    I'd prefer to use the word "standards".

Curbs has more integrity in his little toe nail than half of the other current football managers put together.
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Logical next step once you've worked for loonies at Orient, Cardiff and Charlton. He'll be in charge at Blackpool come the start of next season.
  • Options
    Slade's been sent to Coventry, again.
  • Options

cabbles said:

Curbs has more integrity in his little toe nail than half of the other current football managers put together.
    Curbs isn't especially money driven AND thanks to that legal win from West Ham isn't desperate for work, when he can do the odd bit of punditry to get him out of the house
  • Options

cabbles said:

I have never said that Curbs didn't have "standards" or "integrity". However, those who do get straight back on the managerial ladder afford themselves the opportunity to better themselves. Allardyce has always done that and ended up with the England job - even if his deceit cost him that job. And Palace are probably the right fit for him in that respect.

Curbs has not now managed for eight years. He has openly stated in recent years that it isn't for the want of him trying. But the combination of being out of football for that long and having sued his previous employer do not put him top of the pile.

One question I would pose - let's say Curbs came back to us but we didn't win for the first half a dozen games. How much "grace" would we give him?

Probably loads. The problem is not Curbs, not Robinson, not Slade but the regime. The only difference would be that most would want Curbs to succeed. But he would have no better a chance than at least two or three of the managers employed over the course of the last three years.

It isn't just Curbs' "standards" that would stop him from being the returning Messiah. No more than they have prevented him from being a manager again.
  • Options
    Complete yes man
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MrLargo said:

cabbles said:

Logical next step once you've worked for loonies at Orient, Cardiff and Charlton. He'll be in charge at Blackpool come the start of next season.
    FUCK that i ain't having him
  • Options

cabbles said:

I have never said that Curbs didn't have "standards" or "integrity". However, those who do get straight back on the managerial ladder afford themselves the opportunity to better themselves. Allardyce has always done that and ended up with the England job - even if his deceit cost him that job. And Palace are probably the right fit for him in that respect.

Curbs has not now managed for eight years. He has openly stated in recent years that it isn't for the want of him trying. But the combination of being out of football for that long and having sued his previous employer do not put him top of the pile.

One question I would pose - let's say Curbs came back to us but we didn't win for the first half a dozen games. How much "grace" would we give him?

Probably loads. The problem is not Curbs, not Robinson, not Slade but the regime. The only difference would be that most would want Curbs to succeed. But he would have no better a chance than at least two or three of the managers employed over the course of the last three years.

It isn't just Curbs' "standards" that would stop him from being the returning Messiah. No more than they have prevented him from being a manager again.
    And from the "horse's mouth":

“It took me a year to sort out my problem at West Ham,” he says on the top-floor of the News building in London Bridge, home to the publishers of his new book Game Changers. “And then after that, I was perhaps a little too picky. I was told by other senior managers ‘don’t be out too long’ but I was waiting for a job that I thought was the job for me.

“I was getting [offers from] clubs that were in trouble in the Premier League but I was waiting for the club that I thought was going to be right for me. One did come along and I thought I had it; I met the club three times. I never got it. Someone came in at the end and got the job. I basically lost my enthusiasm for it.”

“The time I’ve been out hasn't been other people’s fault, it’s probably been mine.”
  • Options

He really doesn't give a shit who he works for does he. Obviously likes collecting the redundancy cheques.

Next he will become the North Korean Football team manager!

Then he might discover a whole new meaning to getting fired.
  • Options
    If they sack him by the end of this season, he'll end up with about 4-5 years money from them and us for doing 1 years work. What a terrible life.
  • Options
    Wants Ajose at Coventry
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Wants Ajose at Coventry

That will be another Charlton striker out on loan, with us paying most of his wages.
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Wants Ajose at Coventry

I cannot see Ajose having that as he cannot stand RS
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Wants Ajose at Coventry

Hopefully he'll take Crofts, Johnson and Botaka as well.
  • Options
    I wonder if he’ll be more successful leading this than his time managing us?…

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-58873132

Hundreds of footballers have threatened legal action against the data collection industry, which could change how information is handled. 

Led by former Cardiff City, Leyton Orient and Yeovil Town manager Russell Slade, 850 players want compensation for the trading of their performance data over the past six years.

They also want an annual fee from the companies for any future use.

• Options
    Thanks for posting Scoham. An interesting read and I think they've got a fair point under GDPR. Not sure many here would think they've made the wisest of choices for legal representation though!