Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FA Cup 2016/17

The final Qualifying round was completed today which means that Charlton now enter the FA Cup with the draw taking place on Monday night (BBC2 @ 7:10pm)... We'll be Ball No.11

Sadly Welling lost 1-0 at home to Whitehawk today, whilst Ebbsfleet lost away @ Merstham... The other Non-League sides (Kent opponents are in bold) we can face are as follows

Eastbourne Borough | Alfreton or Gateshead | Altrincham | Barrow | Brackley Town | Boreham Wood | Braintree Town | Dover Athletic | Chesham United | Dag & Red | Eastleigh | St. Albans City | Halifax | Harrow Borough or Margate | Kidderminster | Lincoln City or Guiseley | Spennymoor Town | Maidstone | Merstham | Stourbridge | Macclesfield | Solihull Moors | Southport | Stamford or Wrexham | Stockport County | Sutton United | Taunton or Hemel Hempstead | Dartford | Torquay or Woking | Whitehawk | Westfields | York or Curzon Ashton

Comments

• Options
    Special dispensation from the FA to draw Huddersfield away.

It's going to shit draw and we will lose. Il call it Oldham away !
  • Options
    Dartford at The Valley would be decent
  • Options
    Gateshead away would suit me!
  • Options
    Millwall away
  • Options
    St Albans would be great. I know the manager Lee Allinson

• Options
    Maidstone are still in, maybe we can have two of our players fighting again.
  • Options
    iaitch said:

Maidstone are still in, maybe we can have two of our players fighting again.

Roger Johnson with whom?
  • Options
    must be Barrow away before we move south (hopefully)
  • Options
    Barrow away, just checked, 4 hours on the train going up and 4 hours 45 minutes coming back, last train back to London leaves just after 6pm, deep joy!!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I saw Merstham play against Colliers Wood United in the 2nd qualifying round replay this season.

They were fortunate enough to even get through that match.

I believe Westfields are the lowest rank club left in the FA cup.
  • Options
    Dartford at the Valley for me.
  • Options
    Who really gives a s**t?
  • Options
    addick05 said:

Who really gives a s**t?

I do.
  • Options
    Eastbourne Borough away would suit me fine.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Real shame Ebbsfleet didnt get through, would have been the perfect draw at home and to protest given Peter Varney's involvement with them. Show the regime exactly what we want and what a good, caring, competent CEO looks like.

Charlton fans singing his name when he is there representing another club would really embarrass them and no doubt Murray would hate it.

Now they're not, I don't care, we will probably lose anyway.
  • Options
    There are some clubs in the draw who I have genuinely never ever heard of, and that therefore means I'm keen for us to play them away from home.

The weirder the better, and we'll probably lose and I'll brag to my mates about being there. Must be the sadomasochistic part of my personality shining through
  • Options
    Don't care who we get aslong as we win then I can make the millwall game.
  • Options
    Whoever it is there is a strong possibility that we will be on TV - we all know what we are good at when we are on TV (apart from losing )
  • Options
    I'd like Sutton away. Not too far from me and a couple of ex players in their team.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2016
    Still a huge lover of the FA cup. Don't watch premier league or champions league football on TV but always try to watch as much cup football on TV as possible.

Huge dilemma for me personally, currently boycotting all home matches to not fund them. However, if we get a non league team I would hate to miss it because would be depriving smaller teams who need the finances their big payday. Especially, if we are drawn at home.

Have to hope we draw a league 1 team at home like Bury.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Sage said:

Real shame Ebbsfleet didnt get through, would have been the perfect draw at home and to protest given Peter Varney's involvement with them. Show the regime exactly what we want and what a good, caring, competent CEO looks like.

Charlton fans singing his name when he is there representing another club would really embarrass them and no doubt Murray would love it.

Now they're not, I don't care, we will probably lose anyway.

Yes, would loved to have been a fly on the wall/vol-au-vent on the plate when Peter Varney entered the executive lounge to be greeted by Katrien Meire ---
  • Options
    Definitely a win against Macclesfield at home.
  • Options
    I'm going to call it that it'll be somewhere terrible away and we'll lose 1-0.

Let's go with Grimsby or Southport.
  • Options
    for selfish reasons:

Macclesfield/Stockport/Altrincham away please
  • Options
    I reckon we'll get Bristol Rovers or Oldham away, Braintree away is who i'd like though.
  • Options

Whoever it is there is a strong possibility that we will be on TV - we all know what we are good at when we are on TV (apart from losing )

I reckon we'll only be on TV provided that we get Non-League opposition

i.e. We were in League One for three seasons, twice we ended up on TV (Northwich and Halifax) once we didnt (Barnet)
  • Options
    How many ties do they show per round these days? One friday night, one saturday, one sunday?

I'd like to think Westfields will be one of the games, as they deserve to make as much money as they possibly can.
    In addition to us, i'd expect that any non league side drawing Bolton or Sheff Utd at home will be live as well.
  • Options
    Is it true Westfields are tier 9?....Thats a ridiculous achievement.
  • Options
    Yeah they're tier 9. They entered in the extra preliminary round back in the first week of August!