Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FA Cup 2016/17

Comments

• Options
    The Paul Ince who described the spanners v southend cup draw as a London derby.

He's getting a bit, well, chubby isn't he?
  • Options
    Hmmmm, home to highest placed team - probably live on tv - hmmmm, tv dont like protests, do they ??!
  • Options
    Surely no chance it will be on tv - a game with no 'angle' for neutrals in front in a stadium barely 15% full?
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    It's a shame we did not draw Westfields away.

It would have been a good opportunity to lose to the kind of team we will be playing on a regular basis in 3 years time.
  • Options
    Was hoping for coventry away, that would have been a perfect, have to wait till April now to meet up again
  • Options
    Awful draw for most teams.

Mertsham and Eastleigh pick of the matches for TV.

Hard to find two more matches
  • Options
    Surely the game to try and organise a full boycott. Shouldn't be hard tbf.
  • Options

I might well be out of touch but I thought FA Cup games were split third home club, third away club and third FA, so not the game to damage RD so much.
  • Options
    I seem to recall in the 1960s that we played Scunthorpe at home two weeks on the trot. We won the cup game 1-0 and drew the league game 3-3. It seems like yesterday.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I seem to recall in the 1960s that we played Scunthorpe at home two weeks on the trot. We won the cup game 1-0 and drew the league game 3-3. It seems like yesterday.

Yep Alzheimer's has that effect
  • Options

I might well be out of touch but I thought FA Cup games were split third home club, third away club and third FA, so not the game to damage RD so much.
    True but that would be the same for league games where many have paid upfront.
    Think it's the visual affect that's more important. Although it would probably be such a low crowd anyway (as are many early cup games) that it wouldn't be that surprising anyway.
  • Options

Think it's the visual affect that's more important. Although it would probably be such a low crowd anyway (as are many early cup games) that it wouldn't be that surprising anyway.
    But to the casual viewer it would just look like a crap FA Cup first ground gate

In terms of promoting the cause, the pig protest on Saturday was far more effective
  • Options

But to the casual viewer it would just look like a crap FA Cup first ground gate

In terms of promoting the cause, the pig protest on Saturday was far more effective
    Yeah you're probably right.
  • Options
    A reckon that Russell's masterplan will be to play for a couple of goalless draws and then to sneak it on penalties after extra time at Glanfield Park. That pre-season friendly against RKC Waalwijk at the Valley is now finally making sense...
  • Options

I think you'll find its 45% each club & 10% to the FA, with replays being 47.5% each club & 5% FA
  • Options
    edited October 2016

Maybe, but there's additional income as season ticket holders have to pay. Perfect game for a boycott and for once I can speak as a potential participant as I'll be in London.
  • Options

I'm going to be in London. Normally I'd look forward to going but I think I'll boycott.

Maybe, but there's additional income as season ticket holders have to pay. Perfect game for a boycott and for once I can speak as a potential participant as I'll be in London.
    Can you just clarify that you'll be in London?
  • Options
    Surely no one will wanna pay to watch that
    If live on telly then it's a perfect excuse not to line Rolys pocket , no matter how low prices are
  • Options
    well probably lose
    millwall have a tough draw

probably both lose which means ill miss millwall away - which means well probably win.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    sam3110 said:

Home to scunthorpe

• Options

well probably lose

probably both lose which means ill miss millwall away - which means well probably win.

Surely you'd take that scenario
    I know it's great to be there but if you're not there you must still want us to beat the pondlife
  • Options

well probably lose

Surely you'd take that scenario
    I know it's great to be there but if you're not there you must still want us to beat the pondlife
    yeah of course i would take it - but ideal would be a few days before xmas and get the win.
  • Options
    I'd take a point !
  • Options

well probably lose

Exactly the same thoughts mate.
  • Options
    Is anyone else struggling to come to terms with the fact it seems an established fact that Scunthorpe are a better team than us?
  • Options
    edited October 2016

Is anyone else struggling to come to terms with the fact it seems an established fact that Scunthorpe are a better team than us?

Not really the table doesn't lie however they struggled to break us down and we could have nicked it on the day. They've scored 29 conceded 13 GD +16 only lost once and that was away from home. Well oiled and gelled unit who have hit the ground running after strong finish last season. Drawn 3 at home though as teams go there to stop them playing like we did. Whether they want a cup run distraction remains to be seen.
  • Options
    I wasted 20mins of my life watching all these great Non-League names come and go and then as one of the last eight sides left, we finally get pitched against... SCUNTHORPE!!... No offence to them (they're probably thinking the same)

Yet for me the First Round is a chance to play someone new... Not someone romping the League!!
  • Options
    This is the perfect game for a total boycott.
    No demonstration
    No chanting
    No pigs
    No nothing just a completely empty stadium