Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ricky Holmes (ed. Pg 4 - joined Oxford on season loan)

Comments

• Options
    The guy I play cricket with bats left handed and bowls right handed...me,I'm just cackhanded. :)
  • Options
    My brother is left handed and right footed. Seems it isn't that uncommon.
  • Options

I write with my right hand but knock one out with my left.</blockquote

You must get some funny looks at work?

• Options
    Academies seriously don't like smaller young players. I wonder what Messi would be like if he was English.
  • Options

I'm left handed right footed.

I feel a clique coming on

Callum's your man

• Options
    I'm aquadextrous. I can turn bath taps on with both feet.
  • Options
    RedPanda said:

Phil Mickelson is the best ever left handed golfer yet does everything else right handed.

That is because his Dad taught him by getting him to mirror his swing etc.
    DA9 said:

Left footed, right handed

Same.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Stuart Broad and Jimmy Anderson both bowl right arm and bat left handed.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Funnily enough I'm ambisinistrous, but so are several League One players so it can't be that bad.
  • Options
    Being right handed and footed, I have always eaten with the most useful implement, the fork, in my right hand not the left, which seems to be the standard, yet illogical way for most right handed people.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Being right handed and footed, I have always eaten with the most useful implement, the fork, in my right hand not the left, which seems to be the standard, yet illogical way for most right handed people.

The standard way would be to have the fork in your left hand unless you were American ?

• Options
    edited August 2016
    seth plum said:

Because the fork is not the primary implement for dexterity - you are merely using it to hold your food in place whilst cutting it and to ferry the meal into your mouth. The knife is the implement you ought to be using with your stronger hand since you are trying to dice your food with it. Since you more or less only using a fork when eating, whereas knives are used for many other things, it is natural for you to be always holding the knife in your dominant hand.

Funnily enough I am left-handed for using a knife ordinarily (such as peeling potatoes, chopping vegetables, opening letters, sawing wood (with a saw, not a knife but still it's a bladed instrument), carving meat etc.) but I eat with the fork in the left hand and the knife in the right hand. So I'm the illogical one here. As I mentioned before, I am ambisinistrous, or cross-dominant, so to be honest it is always a bit of a lottery how I decide to approach an activity.
  • Options
    Fiiish said:

seth plum said:

Because the fork is not the primary implement for dexterity - you are merely using it to hold your food in place whilst cutting it and to ferry the meal into your mouth. The knife is the implement you ought to be using with your stronger hand since you are trying to dice your food with it. Since you more or less only using a fork when eating, whereas knives are used for many other things, it is natural for you to be always holding the knife in your dominant hand.

Funnily enough I am left-handed for using a knife ordinarily (such as peeling potatoes, chopping vegetables, opening letters, sawing wood, carving meat etc.) but I eat with the fork in the left hand and the knife in the right hand. So I'm the illogical one here. As I mentioned before, I am ambisinistrous, or cross-dominant, so to be honest it is always a bit of a lottery how I decide to approach an activity.
    Agree with this. The art in eating is always in your knife work. I cant imagine using a knife in my left hand to cut a tough steak for instance. The fork just prongs the food and you put it in your mouth. No finesse is required and you can use a fork just as well with both hands!
  • Options
    My son who is left handed mirrors me with the fork in the 'wrong' hand approach.
  • Options
    We mustn't forget that there is a whole raft of etiquette built up regarding this. It differs from Europe to America. Is it important ? Up to a point I think it is.
  • Options
    Yet another thread gets to a fork in the road and ends up jack-knifed! :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    seth plum said:

My son who is left handed mirrors me with the fork in the 'wrong' hand approach.

You can take the boy out of Sethtown but cannot take Sethtown out of the boy ;0)
  • Options
    Right handed with illegible hand writing and very left footed. At racket sports, much stronger on back hand and can play table tennis with either hand. I think I was brought up in the days when you were told off if you tried to pick up a pen or pencil in your left hand.
  • Options
    I would :-q
  • Options
    I'm right handed but have two left feet when it comes to dancing.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

It sounds like he can't do anything with his right hand, except play piano and take the catch of his lifetime :angry::wink:
  • Options
    Anyway getting back to Ricky any news on his injury from Saturday. We will be very short in midfield if he doesn!t play
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Are you a veggie Seth? I find veggies don't need the knife so much so relegate it to the weaker hand (or promote the fork to the stronger hand).

God, I bore myself sometimes.
  • Options
    I've got two left feet and I am all thumbs. Does that count?
  • Options
    Please change thread-title to Ricky Handedness kthx