Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Scunthorpe Away - Game in doubt (Cancelled)

edited August 2016 in General Charlton
FFS. Likely to be called off due to international call-ups. Magennis, Botaka and Lookman.

That was money well spent on the train ticket then.

Comments

• Options
    Uboat said:

We've got a team packed full of internationals and yet people still have the nerve to complain about Roland.

Apologist or Wum?
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    do call ups for u18/u19 count?

Also, Ricky Holmes in England squad?
  • Options
    Always a non-league hop to do.....
  • Options

do call ups for u18/u19 count?

http://www.thecomet.net/stevenage-fc/stevenage_v_yeovil_town_match_postponed_due_to_international_call_ups_1_4465913

Apparently yes, as Stevenage only lost players to U19 and U21 matches

Who knows, maybe Konsa will get a U18 call up?

• Options
    Not stopping for international breaks was possibly the only positive of being relegated to League One. That said with our small squad we'll need these breaks every now and then especially with the EFL Trophy requiring as strong a team as we can field.

The breaks can be seen as a good thing because it'll mean re-arranging games midweek playing twice a week and should strengthen Slade's case for the need for a bigger squad when the matches come thick and fast.
  • Options
    Do both clubs have to agree to a postponement? I think our game with Millwall coincides with an international break too and can't see them passing up the chance to play us with some key players missing.
  • Options
    Is this for real? When will we know?

I've just promised to take my son to this one.
  • Options
    Other international dates coming up -

Saturday 8th October - Millwall A 1pm

Saturday 12th November- Swindon A 12.00 & Sky TV.
  • Options

Do both clubs have to agree to a postponement? I think our game with Millwall coincides with an international break too and can't see them passing up the chance to play us with some key players missing.

Don't think so but i'm not 100% sure. I remember back in the 90's Birmingham always used to get there matches called off for internationals before all Championship games were eventually automatically called off and i'm pretty sure there's been the odd game called off in recent seasons in League One.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Crofts could also be called up for Wales. As could Fox.
  • Options

Uboat said:

We've got a team packed full of internationals and yet people still have the nerve to complain about Roland.

Apologist or Wum?
    Sarky sod I think :-)
  • Options

Crofts could also be called up for Wales. As could Fox.

Aside from the great Churchino, surely Wales have now upped their game a bit and have moved on from needing to select lower league players.
  • Options
    That Saturday is Non-league Day
  • Options

might be mistaken, but I thought Millwall's games last season were called off for international call ups, their keeper is (was) the Irish keeper for starters
  • Options
    It is quite possible that Wales might select Crofts or Fox. They were both in contention for the Euros.

The land of our fathers have always had this problem. Back in the day they had a front two of Mark Hughes and Ian Rush. Who was their cover? None other than our own Andy Jones a forward we plucked from the third tier Port Vale.
  • Options

Other international dates coming up -

Saturday 8th October - Millwall A 1pm

Saturday 12th November- Swindon A 12.00 & Sky TV.

They've organised that well then. Sky rules probably state though that once you've been handed the privilege of being allowed to appear on their broadcast, you can't pull out, so even if the entire team was called up we'd have to play with 4 men
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

We could have Pogba, Ronaldo and Messi in our team and still lose against Millwall.

Just play Roger Johnson by himself
  • Options
    F..k a duck, tickets just dropped on the mat, freezing Tuesday in December now I suppose.
  • Options
    in slovakia that weekend but likely to be a tuesday so wont be attending the revised fixture.
  • Options
    botaka is dr congo and african cup of nations 14 January – 5 February 2017 so if they qualify likely to lose him for that.
  • Options

botaka is dr congo and african cup of nations 14 January – 5 February 2017 so if they qualify likely to lose him for that.

At the moment that's not looking like much of a loss.
  • Options
    Lookman will probably sold before anyway.
  • Options

Lookman will probably sold before anyway.

wouldn't surprise me if Katie sold Magennis too to make a quick buck ;-)
  • Options

We should ask to postpone all fixtures during this time. It'll be back to the early days of Roland with match postponements due to the crappy pitch!