Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Under 21s (Match updates and news)

Comments

• Options
    Bugger! KSC game on Wednesday. Looks like it may be an U18 side...
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

One way traffic before they had a player sent off. Morgan MOM. The pass and movement from the players was exceptional. Euell was constantly telling the players to keep the ball moving forward. Robinson should have been there to see how it is done.

why wasn't he ? Can't have been going up to Blackpool already ? Dereliction of duty.
  • Options
    Might be time to give Euell a shot with the first team!
  • Options

dickplumb said:

One way traffic before they had a player sent off. Morgan MOM. The pass and movement from the players was exceptional. Euell was constantly telling the players to keep the ball moving forward. Robinson should have been there to see how it is done.

why wasn't he ? Can't have been going up to Blackpool already ? Dereliction of duty.
    Hopefully he was in Oxford.
  • Options
    cafc-west said:

ross1 said:
    Really appreciate your updates - but could you cut'n'paste the twitter text as many of us at work cannot see the tweets as Twitter is blocked. Many Thanks.

I have been asked by Ollie if I can link to their tweets, I understand your problems though
  • Options
    Is the Wed KSC game at Folkestone being streamed live and do I need to sign up to watch?

• Options
    Easy to say after a 6-1 win and youth football is (almost) a different ball game to first team....but how good would it be to have Euell in charge playing this brand of football, under new supportive owners.
  • Options
    ross1 said:

cafc-west said:

ross1 said:
    Really appreciate your updates - but could you cut'n'paste the twitter text as many of us at work cannot see the tweets as Twitter is blocked. Many Thanks.

I have been asked by Ollie if I can link to their tweets, I understand your problems though
    Same problem for those in china and other counties where Twitter is blocked

• Options
    edited March 2018

dickplumb said:

The day before a match you'd imagine there is preparation work to do. Haha he's shit or whatever but that doesn't mean working less hard to prepare for the next game. Dereliction of duty is laughably over the top.
    Sage said:

Disappointed that Dijksteel is playing to be honest, was hoping he would be involved tomorrow.

This. We must have been able to send him out on loan in both windows. Fine in August we had the cup games but if he's not going to play, or if he's going to be the third choice right back and can't make the squad when we don't have a natural defensive midfeider, then what's the point?

It feels like what Aribo went through at the start of the season. Aribo definitely has his flaws, and I've been critical both of his positional sense and of the fact that he drifts in and out of games, but when JFC got hurt he was given his chance. And at times he was bloody brilliant. Djiksteel may not be as good as Aribo, but if we're going to have promising youngsters as back ups in key positions (which I think is the right think to do with both Dijksteel and Aribo), then you have to play them.

• Options
    Dunno @SDAddick... When we lost 3-1 @ Millwall last season, Robinson was doing work with SKY that morning!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    SDAddick said:

dickplumb said:

The day before a match you'd imagine there is preparation work to do. Haha he's shit or whatever but that doesn't mean working less hard to prepare for the next game. Dereliction of duty is laughably over the top.
    Sage said:

Disappointed that Dijksteel is playing to be honest, was hoping he would be involved tomorrow.

This. We must have been able to send him out on loan in both windows. Fine in August we had the cup games but if he's not going to play, or if he's going to be the third choice right back and can't make the squad when we don't have a natural defensive midfeider, then what's the point?

It feels like what Aribo went through at the start of the season. Aribo definitely has his flaws, and I've been critical both of his positional sense and of the fact that he drifts in and out of games, but when JFC got hurt he was given his chance. And at times he was bloody brilliant. Djiksteel may not be as good as Aribo, but if we're going to have promising youngsters as back ups in key positions (which I think is the right think to do with both Dijksteel and Aribo), then you have to play them.

Aribo's game is driving at players/space. He will learn to do other things but why play him unfamiliar no 10 when you chased Reeves for a year to do that job, then pick him out of position also?
  • Options
    TBF Robinson, JJ and Bowyer seem to have been at a lot of home U23 games.

They may well have traveled up to Blackpool by coach yesterday.
  • Options

On the os he says they are travelling to the game this morning.
  • Options

Long coach trip on the day of a game.
  • Options

Long coach trip on the day of a game.
    Probably travelling by train to Preston,where a coach will meet them.
  • Options
    ross1 said:

cafc-west said:

ross1 said:

Thats fair, i always comment about links. But it is very much appreciated when you update the text :)
  • Options
    Sage said:

Why doesn't he get in our side
  • Options

SDAddick said:

dickplumb said:

Sage said:

Aribo's game is driving at players/space. He will learn to do other things but why play him unfamiliar no 10 when you chased Reeves for a year to do that job, then pick him out of position also?
    Agree with all of this.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Redhenry said:

Sage said:

Why doesn't he get in our side
    You're the one who is ITK man, you should be telling us!

I thought Konsa actually did a decent job in midfield today, much to my surprise. But why Dijksteel can't even make the 18 is beyond me. Why was Harry Lennon on the bench?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Robinson was at the game!
    I will be the photographer tonight
  • Options
    If any fans want pictures done tonight- please come see the young man in the chair with motorised wheels. I will most probably be pitch side
  • Options

Charlton Athletic FC

Verified account

@CAFCofficial
    11m11 minutes ago
    More
    Our U23s will hope to make it 5️⃣ league wins on the spin when they host @BurnleyOfficial at Sparrows Lane later (2pm).
  • Options
    CHARLTON U23s | Maynard-Brewer, Carter, Yao, Morgan, Cummings, Blumberg, Lapslie (c), Umerah, Yamfam, Zemura, Anderson. SUBS | Beeney, Doughty, Isiaka, Willis. #cafc

Tom Heaton in goal for Burnley.
  • Options

CHARLTON U23s | Maynard-Brewer, Carter, Yao, Morgan, Cummings, Blumberg, Lapslie (c), Umerah, Yamfam, Zemura, Anderson. SUBS | Beeney, Doughty, Isiaka, Willis. #cafc

Tom Heaton in goal for Burnley.

I wonder if he is available for Saturday :wink:
  • Options
    With no Magennis in the squad next Saturday, I imagine there might be a place on the bench for one of our young strikers likes Umerah
  • Options

With no Magennis in the squad next Saturday, I imagine there might be a place on the bench for one of our young strikers likes Umerah

I imagine it will be a debut off bench for Hackett-Fairchild seeing as he is not playing here and we are unlikely to be winning at HT on Saturday.
  • Options

I imagine it will be a debut off bench for Hackett-Fairchild seeing as he is not playing here and we are unlikely to be winning at HT on Saturday.
    Sure he has already played 5 league game this season
  • Options
    HALF TIME | Charlton 0 @BurnleyOfficial 0.

This U23s clash is goalless at the break. #cafc