Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2016 Olympics in Rio...

Comments

• Options
    Christ you would not want to piss off Sam Stosur. She'd knock you right out. But it would be wonderful.
  • Options
    Seriously, what has happened to the diving pool water?
  • Options
    edited August 2016

Pea(d) green.

• Options
    Has the North Korean girl who selfie-d with the South Korean been shot yet?
  • Options

Has the North Korean girl who selfie-d with the South Korean been shot yet?

In the women's 10m synchro diving, the North Koreans did what the commentator (who was pretty much spot on for the majority of his scoring) said was a good but not exceptional dive. The judges scored it at 9.5 pretty much across the board. It does make you wonder where the judges families were being held and if they have been safely returned now!
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    TT's today. Bring them on!
  • Options

Blue+Yellow=Green.

Bit like the pool at Danson Park during the summer in the 70's
  • Options
    has the rowing be cancelled for today?
  • Options

Morning session postponed.
  • Options

Morning session postponed.
    Cheers
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Perhaps they should row in the diving pool, as it's now the colour of a lake
  • Options
    Glad I'm not doing that TT today in that weather, they are all starting off very gingerly.
  • Options

Perhaps they should row in the diving pool, as it's now the colour of a lake

I heard that the Russian swimmers were asked to provide a sample, so they did.
  • Options
    Well done Froomey with the bronze, Cancellera way too good
  • Options
    GB beat NZ 21-19 in the Sevens, NZ on the brink of going out!
  • Options
    Conway beats the world champion to make the judo quarters. A crumb from a shocking games for us to date.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

Were we hoping for a gold there ?
  • Options
    se9addick said:

stonemuse said:

Were we hoping for a gold there ?
    No, bronze or silver, Dumoulin was the favourite
  • Options
    Well done Cancellara. Nice retirement present.
  • Options
    Cancellera left the tour early as well, still a minor surprise him winning.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Just arrived. Christ the Redeemer covered in fog. Thinking I should have brought more warm and waterproof clothes.

Tennis tomorrow.

Enjoy. To be fair you could have your choice of events judging by the crowds so far.

• Options
    I had to pick up some tickets earlier in a heavily guarded office building in Botofago and there was an English couple in there having a field day. They flew here with no tickets and were just picking and choosing whatever they wanted at face value.

Swimming and track and field are hard tickets to get but everything else looks half empty I agree.
  • Options

I had to pick up some tickets earlier in a heavily guarded office building in Botofago and there was an English couple in there having a field day. They flew here with no tickets and were just picking and choosing whatever they wanted at face value.

Swimming and track and field are hard tickets to get but everything else looks half empty I agree.

Hopefully you'll be able to pick up some good (and cheap) extra tickets. The economic problems in Brazil must be having an effect on the locals

London had a number of major advantages over Rio

1) A lot of people from all over the world living here, hence a large domestic base for sports the British aren't that interested in (Wrestling, Handball etc)
    2) British people are interested in a wider range of sports than Brazilians, and can afford to pay more for tickets
  • Options
    Our Judo girl is smashing it. 3 matches and the equivalent of 3 k/o's. In the Semi Final later.
  • Options
    Joe Clarke gets at least a bronze in the canoe slalom
  • Options
    Bronze in the shooting.
  • Options
    Gold medal!
  • Options

Joe Clarke gets at least a bronze in the canoe slalom

GOLD!!!!!