Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2016 Olympics in Rio...

Comments

• Options
    Although maybe 5 a side should ;).
  • Options

Yep football should not be in the olympics I agree.

The problem for football, is that it's a very important tournament for the women, so it would be a major loss for them. At least the men restrict it to U21s, which does make it different than other major tournaments
  • Options

The problem for football, is that it's a very important tournament for the women, so it would be a major loss for them. At least the men restrict it to U21s, which does make it different than other major tournaments
    Tough. Olympians should be the very best of their sports competing against each other with age being of no relevance. Football, the men's I agree, makes a mockery of that and is disrespectful to the spirit of the games. Either just have Women's football or no football at all.
  • Options
    DRAddick said:

Tough. Olympians should be the very best of their sports competing against each other with age being of no relevance. Football, the men's I agree, makes a mockery of that and is disrespectful to the spirit of the games. Either just have Women's football or no football at all.
    I think all sports have to have both sexes. Netball seems to suffer because of this
  • Options

DRAddick said:

I think all sports have to have both sexes. Netball seems to suffer because of this
    Synchronised swimming and rhythmic gymnastics are female only.
  • Options
    The lads getting better, I hope all those who plastered the poor bloke all over social media in his moment of agony are sharing this good story an all

http://dailym.ai/2berRYn
  • Options

sam3110 said:

The most pointless job ever!!

I dunno, remember Eddie the Eel?
    Surely you mean Eric the Eagle.
    https://youtu.be/8rqI8xwXVac
    Thanks Rob, I was aware who Eric the Eel was, though.
    I guessed, but I weren't gonna miss an opportunity to post that video on here though was I ; )
  • Options

The lads getting better, I hope all those who plastered the poor bloke all over social media in his moment of agony are sharing this good story an all

have the mail got hold of some old photos of him in hospital. surely there's no way he's standing with just bandages on that leg. plus he's had a bloody great tricolour cast fitted
  • Options
    4th in men's team gymnastics
    4th in fencing
    4th in rugby
    4th in the 200m swimming race this morning

We seem to have the Arsenal curse...
  • Options
    rina said:

have the mail got hold of some old photos of him in hospital. surely there's no way he's standing with just bandages on that leg. plus he's had a bloody great tricolour cast fitted
    We'll need to wait for The Guardian to confirm
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

4th in fencing
    4th in rugby

Fourth is the new black.
  • Options

4th in fencing
    4th in rugby

Good enough for a playoff place, and a win at Wembley in 1998!
  • Options
    I'd love to have a go on Helen Skelton!
  • Options

4th in fencing
    4th in rugby

Didn't Arsenal finish 2nd .....
  • Options
    The men's beach volleyball is not the same, I can't quite put my finger on it, but it ain't.
  • Options
    Just watched the Archery, which was quite interesting. Probably liven that up with an RMT picket line somewhere near the target ;-)
  • Options

Have just seen the 10m synchcro diving footage. Joyous celebrations between Daley and Goodfellow that had me beaming from ear to ear.

Joyous celebrations between Daley and "some other bloke" according to most of the media. Those that bothered to picture more than 50% of the people involved.

• Options
    Rizzo said:

Have just seen the 10m synchcro diving footage. Joyous celebrations between Daley and Goodfellow that had me beaming from ear to ear.

Joyous celebrations between Daley and "some other bloke" according to most of the media. Those that bothered to picture more than 50% of the people involved.

What's Christian Dailly doing there?
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Japan beating Rugby Sevens champions New Zealand.
    Extraordinary
  • Options
    Rizzo said:

A remarkable performance by Daley to win the pairs diving by himself :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Perfect synchronisation by the USA in the ladies diving, they had both eaten exactly the same amount of their swimsuits! 8)
  • Options
    Claudia Fragapane is Italian for Weapon. Fact.
  • Options
    The diving pool is turning as green as a garden pond in spring!
  • Options

Lol, just turned over from the gymnastics to check it out. That is mad.

• Options

Ewwwww.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    We came 5th in that too - and probably in the gymnastics.

Think its going to be one of those games we used to have before 2004..single figure gold's and about 20/25 overall.

Not sure how strong our best events will be this time.
  • Options
    In the Sevens, we've just beaten Japan, who scored what would have been an equalising "goal" deep into additional time only to miss the conversion.
  • Options

We came 5th in that too - and probably in the gymnastics.

Think its going to be one of those games we used to have before 2004..single figure gold's and about 20/25 overall.

Not sure how strong our best events will be this time.

I recall that in 2012 we started fairly slowly, but that most of our medals came later on.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Yes - mainly from the rowing and track cycling.

We've had a few 4th/5th places - after all before 2012 we were no-where in events like diving and gymnastics so there is improvement.

Just need a bit more luck/quality.

That canoe slalom was a bit disappointing as we had the World Champion in that but he failed to finish.
  • Options
    5th in women's diving 10m board.