Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jim Davidson on boycotting...

Saw he posted the following on one of the Club's Facebook season ticket promo's

Fair play, certainly changed his tune since 8 months ago...

I will not be going. It is a shame as it's the only time I get to be with my brother Bill. The reason why is simple. It makes me too sad. RD and KM can run the club however they wish and I wish the team well. But the fans are people I grew up with and I am a part of them. I can't bare to see such sadness, anger and frustration

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2016
    He's clearly an avid reader of this forum, has seen all the stick he's been getting, and thought he'd try to get back into our good books.
  • Options
    To be fair a lot has happened in the last 8 months

I would have renewed 8 months ago, well the day before Colchester anyway :)
  • Options
    Well said Jim.
  • Options
    edited August 2016

That was the week that was, 0-5 at Udders midweek followed by 0-6 at Hull on the Saturday and I had the displeasure of seeing every one of those goals hit the back of our net. :disappointed:
  • Options
    He must have paid a lot for his tickets. Another one in the eye for the regime.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

That was the week that was, 0-5 at Udders midweek followed by 0-6 at Hull on the Saturday and I had the displeasure of seeing every one of those goals hit the back of our net. :disappointed:
    Since I've been going as a little hopper back in 88, I think that's probably the worst week I've witnessed on the pitch. I racked my brains but couldn't think of anything as bad. Maybe some of you who have been watching a lot longer than me can name as bad or worst a week of performances. I couldn't
  • Options
    I think everyone has reacted to this regime at different speeds. I wouldn't criticise anyone for taking a different time to someone else. It's not just about tolerance levels and how reactive you are. Everyone on here wants Charlton do well. Many have invested a lot of money, time and effort and made the club a big part of their life. Turning on the Club is difficult and I doubt that few people feel 100% comfortable about their different level of actions. However, it doesn't change the fact that the vast majority know that this regime is wrong. There may be a little optimism again if 3 or 4 good players come in, but just as I have some discomfort about turning against the club, I will have far greater discomfort about this regime for as long as they remain.

I'm glad Jim has made his statement but there are a lot of different emotions kicking about and at the end of the day no one really wants to see this club sink lower and lower.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cabbles said:

RedChaser said:

Since I've been going as a little hopper back in 88, I think that's probably the worst week I've witnessed on the pitch. I racked my brains but couldn't think of anything as bad. Maybe some of you who have been watching a lot longer than me can name as bad or worst a week of performances. I couldn't
    That has to be the worst ever on the pitch week. I actually think Colchester was the worst performance of the lot (although I wasn't at Huddersfield)
  • Options
    Fair play to Davidson. Another beam holding up the circus tent topples over. Strange that Mr Murray still clings onto the belief that the Belgians are doing okay (and even complains that the fans have short memories regarding what he has done for the club). I don't know if JD is that bothered about Charlton Life, but he seems to be singing from the same songsheet as the rest of us now (thanks for the metaphor Fanny!)
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    cabbles said:

RedChaser said:

I started watching them in short pants 30 years before but I'm struggling to think of one mate mind you I couldn't go much on Saturdays during the 70's when I was playing myself.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

cabbles said:

RedChaser said:

I started watching them in short pants 30 years before but I'm struggling to think of one mate mind you I couldn't go much on Saturdays during the 70's when I was playing myself.
    I hope you won!
  • Options
    edited August 2016

'Sadness, anger, frustration' ...that applies to fans of just about every football club in the world that doesn't win comfortably every week and run away with the league.

Edit - may have taken your point in the wrong way.
  • Options
    cabbles said:

RedChaser said:

The 10 consecutive defeats (April 11 to Sept 15 1990) was a bit grim. Less concentrated, and equally depressing, but at least we had the hope of Roger Alwen and his ambition.
  • Options

cabbles said:

RedChaser said:

The 10 consecutive defeats (April 11 to Sept 15 1990) was a bit grim. Less concentrated, and equally depressing, but at least we had the hope of Roger Alwen and his ambition.
    Relegation from the top flight after 4 seasons but as you imply no back to back thrashings or the ignominy of cup exit to the team bottom of Division 3.
  • Options
    They will all come round in the end, it just takes some people longer than others....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Never found him funny....
  • Options
    He's a flip flop, but at least he's flopping the right way at the moment.
  • Options
    I always assumed he was a plastic fan but he seems in the know
  • Options

90% of the hate of JD on here is the usual Guardianista bollox, cant say i have ever found him to be funny but one thing he isnt is a "plastic fan" he has been going down The valley longer than some of you right on knobs have been born---had a box for a few years down there as well. When you struggle to name any famous fans that actually want to be linked with us remember he doea

Calm down dear!
  • Options
    They could do with it, £69 million losses last year.