Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Alternative Nike Kit - CAFC/C.A.R.D Edition

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2016

LuckyReds said:

I just bought a hoodie from TOFFS and it has the sword, I guess they license it though.

I like the idea though. Gets rid of the shit sponser and keeps a few quid out of Roland's pocket.

I bet they don't license it. Seriously, if individuals make their own shirts using the Charlton logo there is absolutely nothing going to happen legally.
    I remember wearing a Toffs shirt in the club shop years ago and getting lectured by Chris Tugwell. He wanted to know where I'd bought it as it was "illegal" Apparently if I didn't tell him what shop had sold it to me I'd be prosecuted as well. Laughed in his face and walked out without buying the official shirt I'd gone in there to buy!

If you're reading this Chris. I got it from Selectadisc in Berwick St.
    Yes, I don't think Tuggy had a keen grasp of the law ...
  • Options
    The company I spoke today, mentioned that the black and white kit could be with them within 2 weeks and then they need probably an extra week to get the badge added on. Just an update, really. If there is enough interest.
  • Options
    uie2 said:

Hasn't the protest shirt sold out?

We have ordered a few extra as we think people will want one once thay have seen them being worn
  • Options
    My boy would love the Charlton shirt this season but obviously I don't want to buy it for him so this is a great compromise.

I'd be interested.
  • Options
    Does this mean our sword tattoos will have to be lasered off?
  • Options
    I've ordered the red shirt from Newts, it said delivery in two to three weeks.

Pro direct soccer has them ready to go, both short and long sleeve but they were more expensive and charge for postage.

I'm happy to wear it without a badge which is fortunate as I can't find anyone selling a proper Charlton iron on (or sew on) badge.

I didn't, personally, want the black and white one.

My son didn't want one this year, he doesn't see the point of having a shirt with a different sponsor to the first team and I understand that.

For those that think we parents shouldn't be entertaining buying our children the official kit you obviously don't feel the pressure from their Arsenal and Chelsea supporting friends.
  • Options

Does this mean our sword tattoos will have to be lasered off?

Never thought of laser, I just hacksawed off my lower leg! ;)
  • Options
    Have the sword upside down... Makes a statement and gets around the copyright rules
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

So far there's mixed views on the idea but that was to be expected. I will ring a few places tomorrow to see if they actually have the shirts in stock and if so, then we can move forward from there. @nug would it be possible to use the badge from the protest? If so and we can arrange this, we will get a % donated to the card fund.

Only a percentage donated? Where would the rest go?
  • Options
    Come and see me chaps,
  • Options
    If anyone believes it when companies say they have it in stock it is bullshit, I can order from Nike today if in stock have them delivered in a week and a further day to badge,but heyho listen to the bullshit
  • Options

Come and see me chaps,

Charlton Life's very own Mae West :wink:
  • Options
    Off_it said:

So far there's mixed views on the idea but that was to be expected. I will ring a few places tomorrow to see if they actually have the shirts in stock and if so, then we can move forward from there. @nug would it be possible to use the badge from the protest? If so and we can arrange this, we will get a % donated to the card fund.

To the cost of the shirt. So if it cost £20 for the shirt to be made, we chucked on an extra 25% on top to make the top £25. That would be £5 for CARD from each shirt. So if it was 50 shirts overall, thats £250 to card, 100 shirts, £500 etc.
  • Options

If anyone believes it when companies say they have it in stock it is bullshit, I can order from Nike today if in stock have them delivered in a week and a further day to badge,but heyho listen to the bullshit

I firmly agree. I have ordered a lot of kit, three weeks later still not arrived and Nike is given as the reason for delay. Site said "in stock" when ordered!
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

I firmly agree. I have ordered a lot of kit, three weeks later still not arrived and Nike is given as the reason for delay. Site said "in stock" when ordered!
    Fair enough. I have no reason to doubt you. I also have no reason to doubt the online shops either as I've used them before and never had anything arrive later than they said.

I'll let you know when it arrives.
  • Options
    Well it can't be down to where I live - same place as you!
  • Options

Off_it said:

To the cost of the shirt. So if it cost £20 for the shirt to be made, we chucked on an extra 25% on top to make the top £25. That would be £5 for CARD from each shirt. So if it was 50 shirts overall, thats £250 to card, 100 shirts, £500 etc.
    Sorry mate, not trying to be difficult, but I'm still not sure I get it.

Are you saying all profit goes to CARD, or just a percentage?

Cheers
  • Options
    He means (I would hope) the profit goes to CARD @cafc-4-life I would recommend speaking to @northstandsteve.

He's offering help on here.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A shirt with badge would be a bargain at £20 as I thought the shirt was £19 anyway?
  • Options

Redrobo said:

Fair enough. I have no reason to doubt you. I also have no reason to doubt the online shops either as I've used them before and never had anything arrive later than they said.

I'll let you know when it arrives.
    I stand corrected. I received an email this morning from Newitts to say that they don't have any in stock and nor do Nike, so they are going to issue a refund.
  • Options
    maybe CARD could just supply badges?