Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Welling v Charlton | Sat 09 July | 3pm KICK-OFF | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    Charlton hit 9 goals with no reply. Two players get hat tricks. CharltonLife forum goes into meltdown on whether it's a good sign for the coming season or a bad one.
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

The good thing about Slade and his Coaches is that they have identified the chaff very early and have either got rid ie Reza, Tucudean etc or have loaned out Sarr. They have been trying to get rid of Bergdich and Ceballos for a while, but surprise surprise, no takers. Slade knows exactly what he wants from his squad and that is fitness, togetherness and team spirit.

Slade is certainly on the right track. Let's hope he is allowed to continue to manage his way.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    dickplumb said:

The good thing about Slade and his Coaches is that they have identified the chaff very early and have either got rid ie Reza, Tucudean etc or have loaned out Sarr. They have been trying to get rid of Bergdich and Ceballos for a while, but surprise surprise, no takers. Slade knows exactly what he wants from his squad and that is fitness, togetherness and team spirit.

Bergdych & Ba were sitting next to me at the POTY "do".

Ba appeared unable to speak English & Bergdych's English wasn't all that.

It MUST make it harder for these lads to join in the togetherness and team spirit.

PS Bergdych asked me why the supporters were demonstrating, he genuinely seemed to have no idea.
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

Solly missing with knee injury

Thanks for that Colin your such a guru of info
    Are you sure your your not the club's physio as well
  • Options

dickplumb said:

Bergdych & Ba were sitting next to me at the POTY "do".

Ba appeared unable to speak English & Bergdych's English wasn't all that.

It MUST make it harder for these lads to join in the togetherness and team spirit.

PS Bergdych asked me why the supporters were demonstrating, he genuinely seemed to have no idea.
    Jesus Christ - BA has been in the country for 3 years now and can speak English - that's disgraceful.

Then again, he was in Sunderland for 2 years and they do speak a different language.

Any foreign player ought to be sent off to learn to speak the lingo as soon as the sign for a club in that country. Given its pretty much the most spoken language, you would think he would be bothered to learn it. Tevez was another who never did - mind you given his playing capability you could probably make allowances. BA on the other hand......
  • Options
    We heard that Charlton charged us last season to send a team but I'm sure it's only because of the Belgians.

As an aside I think there's outside bars today. If you use them or the new refurbished Welling bars rather than the Erith bar the money will go to Welling.

Welling have almost a whole new team. Look out for Jonte Smith and Chris Lewington amongst the new players.

• Options

We heard that Charlton charged us last season to send a team but I'm sure it's only because of the Belgians.

As an aside I think there's outside bars today. If you use them or the new refurbished Welling bars rather than the Erith bar the money will go to Welling.

Welling have almost a whole new team. Look out for Jonte Smith and Chris Lewington amongst the new players.

If that is Ray Lewington's brother then he's about 55 now, fancy our chances a bit more now
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    We will be there. supporting the team and the new manager
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The Door Hinge down the road from the ground. Real Ale house. Nice
  • Options

SDAddick said:

dickplumb said:

Bergdich has not reported back to the Club yet. I wonder what that is all about.

Wow really? Has the club agreed to that or has he just not turned up?
    He has been told to stay away. Not in Slade's plans. Source - training ground contact.
    I wonder what Slade based that on as he's never met him.
    No idea. Other players or coaches opinion? Maybe Euell, Clark or Jackson have had a word.

Perhpas he played against Cardiff and Slade remembered him from that?
    Never put in a memorable performance that I saw
  • Options

I understand the game is being broadcast on CAFC Player....as I'm at a loose end this afternoon anyone need or want a match thread? It may not be a full blown one but I can do highlights at the very least.

Red, toward the end of last year I started working out while listening to the matches on CAFC Player. It's quite nice, very cathartic in many ways. I always check in at HT and FT, and always appreciate your work, but I think what's most important is you do what you're comfortable with.
  • Options

I understand the game is being broadcast on CAFC Player....as I'm at a loose end this afternoon anyone need or want a match thread? It may not be a full blown one but I can do highlights at the very least.

Please. I'm going to the game but may just spend the afternoon in the Bar.

Seriously, enjoy another afternoon away from Chaflton mate. In a few weeks time you'll be back to pulling your hair out, and could well look like Bussell Slave by the end of September.
  • Options
    Can't be bothered to trawl through the thread. But are there bars in the ground? If there is I Assume you can't have a beer whilst watching the game?
  • Options

Can't be bothered to trawl through the thread. But are there bars in the ground? If there is I Assume you can't have a beer whilst watching the game?

Many more educated than me will probably have a better answer, but I'm pretty sure in non-league you can drink within sight of the pitch.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Many more educated than me will probably have a better answer, but I'm pretty sure in non-league you can drink within sight of the pitch.
    Cheers SD.
  • Options
    I hope all at Welling will enjoy the kick off of the season. My fellow German Addicks Marc and Kicker will be there. I'm really looking forward seeing the Orient game in 2 weeks. See you over there.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Mate of you feel up for it then I (and I'm sure others) would love a match thread!
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

No Kashi but Pope, Cousins and Henderson on board

Any news on Kashi? Hope he's ill and not negotiating a move away.
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

Diarra

"The French team are playing in the Euro 2016 final at the Stade de France, while I'm playing in f**king Welling, smile Alou, smile Alou..."

• Options
    colin1961 said:

Holmes

Who's that behind him, it looks a bit like Texeira?