Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Soccer Aid

Mark Wright better than Morgan Fox

Comments

• Options
    Sending someone off in a charity match. Typical John Moss behaviour.
  • Options
    England should be in the lead and were playing well until Ben Shepherd got himself sent off for a second bad tackle.
  • Options
    Wright and Murrs are quality
  • Options
    Only a Prem ref would make this game about him
  • Options
    Would a forced substitution not have made more sense rather than sending someone off in a charity game.
  • Options
    Incredible.

A charity game and you give him a second yellow for an innocuous challenge. Mental.
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:

To be fair the Moss, that first tackle was easily a straight red.

Playing Defoe in this kind of game is basically cheating, he's still professional at the highest level.
  • Options

Laddick01 said:

Playing Defoe in this kind of game is basically cheating, he's still professional at the highest level.
    Berbatov is still a pro isn't he? Albeit not scoring goals for fun in the Prem.
  • Options
    Damien Lewis has got some skills.
  • Options
    edited June 2016

Laddick01 said:

Should be going to the Euros. Most underrated English striker in my lifetime.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great miss Judas.
  • Options
    Murphy has run around more in this match than he ever did for us...
  • Options
    Jack Whitehall has got to the line 3 times and put in a good first time cross every time. Yet Morgan fox takes three touches and scuffs it
  • Options
    I'm now not the only person I've known to be sent off in a charity game.
  • Options

Laddick01 said:

Should be going to the Euros. Most underrated English striker in my lifetime.
    I agree should be in the Euros squad ahead of either Sterling or Sturridge imo
  • Options
    Murphy played for us???
  • Options
    Damien Lewis is ledge
  • Options
    Kirsty Gallagher is a joke ❤️
  • Options
    See you in two years Jonathan Wilkes.
  • Options
    Mark Wright was excellent. You could see he had played for West Ham, Arsenal Spurs at youth level and then Southend before Towie started! If I was Charlton manager I would give him a go definitely.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2016
    uie2 said:

Mark Wright was excellent. You could see he had played for West Ham, Arsenal Spurs at youth level and then Southend before Towie started! If I was Charlton manager I would give him a go definitely.

• Options
    Damien Lewis, Mark Wright and Jack whitehall were all pretty damn good. Danny Murphy absolute dross.
  • Options
    Berbatov, Ronaldinho, Cafu, Wright, Murs and Davids would all get contracts from me
  • Options
    iamdan said:

uie2 said:

I'd give his Mrs a go definitely!
  • Options
    I find it outstanding that non professionals/celebrities even manage to blend in at all in the slightest with the amount of decent pros and ex class players on that pitch....unless the pros we're going easy on them, which I doubt.

These so called celebs are either so pampered and or constantly work out...where it kind of makes the art of being a professional footballer look rather easy, it's not true but soccer aid sort of gives off that impression.

Nothing against Olly Murs he's probably a nice bloke but is also quite a generally irritating one. How the hell has he got this level of football ability in his locker? He's not that young either.

Essex's answer to Ned Flanders.
  • Options
    Olly Murs is not a good player, he was being marked by some American bloke I've never heard of who's probably never kicked a ball !!

Mark Wright has a great left foot and could easily play in L1
  • Options
    edited June 2016

Olly Murs is not a good player, he was being marked by some American bloke I've never heard of who's probably never kicked a ball !!

Mark Wright has a great left foot and could easily play in L1

Murs can kick a football, but not as good as some people might say - his finishing said it all. Wright had some genuine quality though. Ben Shepherd shouldn't go around trying to break a former professional's legs in a charity match and should be ashamed of himself. Defoe playing was cheating but money was raised for charity so no big deal.

Mark Wright and Damian Lewis the two celebrities who can actually play at a decent level.
  • Options

Mark Wright looked decent but I wouldn't get carried away with his level of ability. Last night was at a snails pace and I've seen players strike a ball like that in The Kent County Division.

Agree. Hit the free kick well enough, don't think it would have gone past Dida though somehow!

• Options

Mark Wright looked decent but I wouldn't get carried away with his level of ability. Last night was at a snails pace and I've seen players strike a ball like that in The Kent County Division.

Youngest on the pitch and probably the fittest too. Also played for more Pro clubs than all the other celebs put together. Keeper should have saved his free kick regardless of how well it was struck.

He could probably still play a decent level now but makes more money being who he is!