Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

edited August 2016 in General Charlton
Can't see a thread on this yet, thought I would start one, but CL can close it if they want an official one cheers all

Off you go!

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2016
    So far who have we been linked with?

In
    George Moncur
    Ricky Holmes (won't happen now Wilder is at sheff u)
    Adam Smith (As Above)

Out
    Morgan Fox to Birmingham or Cardiff
    Nick Pope to Celtic
  • Options
    Nick Pope to Celtic, there's that rumour from Ricky?
  • Options
    Where are the ++++ official ++++ in the title.

Thats how you make a thread official. Poor effort. :)
  • Options

• Options
    Lookman to anywhere.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I would be surprised to see Pope leave, he's happy to be playing with us. Can only see something developing if it's to be the number 1 at another club.
  • Options
    The never reliable transfer rumours suggests Tony Watt and JBG to Wolves. The former is possible but suspect JBG will end up at a newly promoted premiership side or a mid sized German side, especially if he has a good tournament, which I think he will. He will try his hardest to secure interest.
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited May 2016

The never reliable transfer rumours suggests Tony Watt and JBG to Wolves. The former is possible but suspect JBG will end up at a newly promoted premiership side or a mid sized German side, especially if he has a good tournament, which I think he will. He will try his hardest to secure interest.

(Complete and total transfer speculation comment )

It wouldn't surprise me to see JBG to Hull or Norwich. Fox to Ipswich. Watt to another championship club - not sure Kenny Jackett would be keen on Watt's history regarding his attitude. Nick Pope is likely to Charlton's regular No1 next season so would be surprised if he went to Celtic, unless he was their first team No 1.
  • Options
    If the offer to a player is right they will go where ever they are better off no matter who they are.
  • Options
    Ashes to Ashes
  • Options
  • Options

Shouldn't we change that to {...} {...} {...} official {...} {...} {...}
  • Options
    Charlton are set to make an increased offer for George Moncur - after Colchester rejected their initial bid.
    The Addicks made a £150,000 move for the talented goal-grabbing midfielder but the relegated League One club are holding out for a higher fee.
    And Charlton are not see to end their pursuit of one of their top summer targets.
    Moncur has no interest in playing in League Two after being Colchester’s top performer despite a campaign of struggle on the pitch.
    The Addicks are still pushing ahead with plans to appoint a British boss but recently saw a move for Chris Wilder collapse - with him joining Sheffield United from Northampton last week.

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/2/830976345?-11197:833:0
  • Options
    No one is ever offended by an offer. It starts the ball rolling and alerts everyone else and pushes up the price.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It does beg the question though, "Is Pope the Catholic?"
  • Options
    Why are Charlton bidding for players when they haven't a manager yet?
  • Options

Excellent question! Why doesn't RD just appoint himself Manager and be done with it. ;)
  • Options
    uie2 said:

Excellent question! Why doesn't RD just appoint himself Manager and be done with it. ;)
    Ron Noades at Brentford. That went well. Nearly went into Admin.
  • Options
    Will he pass a medical at the moment? How long is he injured for?
  • Options
    Have to credit The Football Ramble with bringing this up, but do you remember the Gareth Barry to Liverpool saga? And how they sold Alonso in part to make room for him (I think Alonso wanted to go tbf)? That has to be the most tedious and underwhelming transfer saga ever.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Have to credit The Football Ramble with bringing this up, but do you remember the Gareth Barry to Liverpool saga? And how they sold Alonso in part to make room for him (I think Alonso wanted to go tbf)? That has to be the most tedious and underwhelming transfer saga ever.

The Delort saga kicks that one firmly into touch, imho.
  • Options

SDAddick said:

The Delort saga kicks that one firmly into touch, imho.
    The "disappointment" of missing out was kind of eased by the fact that he turned out to be shit.He might have gone on to take the mantle of the regimes most expensive transfer error.
    Who the hell scouted him?
    I must admit the funniest part of the whole saga was that class A anal retentive Rosler thinking he had trumped us.
    Whatever happened to him?
    Oh no, please don't.
  • Options
    Dancin' In The Street