Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Katrien Meire: The Full Statement!

WSSWSS
edited May 2016 in General Charlton
She said: “For the last couple of months, I’ve had extreme abuse, I’ve had criminal offences committed against myself, and I’m disappointed about governance in sport, that none of the governing bodies contacted me and stood up for the fact that things are not allowed, that’s one step too far.

“I also ask the governing bodies in this country, that sometimes some of the fans have crossed the line, very far, and this is just acceptable. It’s been reported by the media as it’s normal and it’s actually not, and the governing bodies have a responsibility to make people aware that that is not what sport is about.

“They forged my autograph (signature), they showed up, for example - it’s not a criminal offence - but at my parents’ house in Belgium. They rang, they gave papers, but it’s not that, it’s just in general... to ask if they know me, and they handed out papers to say how shitty I was, to my parents.

“To my parents, and they hang it up in my village.

“Yeah (I want to stay). The thing is, I know what they’re trying to do, to break me down, but what I’m most frustrated at is the perception. We’ve got the most affordable season tickets, we invest in our community, we invest in our academy.

“We spend £30m in less than two years of ownership. And yes, we got it wrong with the managers and the players, but that happens, that’s why clubs get relegated, that doesn’t mean that everything else is shit.

“It’s fine, but it’s things that shouldn’t happen, according to me.

“To make me resign as a director at company’s house [fraudulently removed as a director]. They were making fun of it on an online forum.

“Me and the owner. It’s fine, I even understand that it’s part of the role that I play, but I feel frustrated by the fact that media reports, all these kind of things - there is so much abusive language now at The Valley - and that’s not part of football. It’s in their interests to try not to have this time of behaviour because now mums with kids won’t come to the games. The chants that are going around, it’s not promoting the sport, and the governing bodies have an interest in trying to stop that.

“Just like when I started supporting football 15 years ago. Whenever there was a black player they would make noises. That has evolved, why can we not also educate fans towards respect of everybody in the game?

“I know it’s that passion that sometimes makes football so great, but…"

From: http://www.southlondonpress.co.uk/article.cfm?id=117890&headline=Katrien Meire: Charlton fans have visited my family home to hand out protest leaflets&sectionIs=sport&searchyear=2016

Comments

• Options
    Good fxxk off
  • Options
    Was racism at football that bad 15 years ago? Odd European ties marred by it, or at internationals, but not that common.

30 years ago maybe
  • Options
    She's losing the plot. She cannot help putting her foot in it over and over again, and it is completely hilarious.

My dog could do a better job.
  • Options
    Cuckoo!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2016
  • Options
    Completely deluded and fucking mad!!!!
  • Options
    Ben18 said:

Was racism at football that bad 15 years ago? Odd European ties marred by it, or at internationals, but not that common.

30 years ago maybe

On the continent, more believable. 10 years ago I went to a Serie A fixture and there was racist hooting.

The real problem is comparing legitimate protesters to racists and that if only we were 'educated' the protests would stop.

She will probably be comparing the protests to Hillsborough next.
  • Options
    Reading that has made me feel bad.

We've rattled her and she's still not pissed off.
  • Options
    Did she say all that at the conference or has she elaborated further to SLP since?
  • Options

Did she say all that at the conference or has she elaborated further to SLP since?

All from the conference, and passed to the SLP
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I am sitting here stunned by that interview.
    She has just explained to the world why she is not the person to be the CEO of CAFC.
    I actually think her days are numbered now...
  • Options
    #RATTLED
  • Options

I think the journo in the room gave the whole speech she made in there to Cawley
  • Options
    Ben18 said:

All from the conference, and passed to the SLP
    The rest of the room must have been in stitches of laughter.
  • Options
    Using the sxxx word? Very professional Ms Meire!!! The fact is Ms Meire is not able to perform in the role to which she is employed. The Wilder non-appointment is yet another example? She takes no advice from anyone and has presided over an incredibly miserable period in the history of Charlton. Not that she cares about our history...
  • Options
    She's a broken woman. They're the words of someone who is incredibly stressed. Don't think she'll be around much longer ....