Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ludicrous security

Was up in the disabled stand with my daughter above the NE quadrant when the lifts were switched off for 'security reasons' after the end of the match. Nobody had a clue what was going on and as you'd expect it was a complete shambles. Wheelchair users were marooned for a time and the whole operation was a farce.
Complete over reaction by either the police or the security and the communication was non-existent. I will be writing to my local MP to make a point about the ludicrous security arrangements at the club - they really don't have a clue.
Total lack of preparation by the club.

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2016

Was up in the disabled stand with my daughter above the NE quadrant when the lifts were switched off for 'security reasons' after the end of the match. Nobody had a clue what was going on and as you'd expect it was a complete shambles. Wheelchair users were marooned for a time and the whole operation was a farce.
    Complete over reaction by either the police or the security and the communication was non-existent. I will be writing to my local MP to make a point about the ludicrous security arrangements at the club - they really don't have a clue.
    Total lack of preparation by the club.

Absurd ...there need to be severe reprimands and warnings to the 'SMT' for this
  • Options

Surely this is a case for the committee that provides the safety certificate?

Haven't they finished today.....
  • Options
    Total bunch of tossers. In front of the West Stand the blue jacket mob stood in front of disabled fans so they could not see for the last few minutes before the ref blow up early. Disgraceful
  • Options
    Get this publicised via your MP, paper and social media ...screw up their PR as much as possible.

Embarrass them and show them up for the incompetents that they are. We can roller-coaster this over the summer and help ramp up the protests whilst there are no games.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Wouldn't this be an issue for the league to look into?
  • Options
    alangee said:

Wouldn't this be an issue for the league to look into?

Unsure whether to Like or LOL sadly.

You're probably correct but I dare say the Football League will give 0 shits until it got REALLY out of hand.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Keystone Cops would have more idea than that shower on the pitch today.
    Like the club, piss poor planning.

• Options
    I don't know of a restaurant or cinema that would search their 'customers' before entering the premises. Shameful, disgusting & humiliating.
  • Options
    Where did they get them from, some looked about 70 and/or overweight. They ones walking up and down in front in the East because they had no clue where they should be standing was laughable.
  • Options
    We are the enemy - guests to the restaurant from out of town are to be given first priority.
  • Options
    Incompetent bullying ignorant bastards the ones in blue hi-vi, totally clueless and just up for a bit of rough stuff. Disgraceful!
  • Options
    Definitely a crew from the worst side of the screws, ex pig and bouncer. Primed to have it large they were for sure the highest risk of violence in the stadium.
  • Options
    Just hope it's costing them a fortune.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The blue bibs were shocking. Had to be restrained by our normal yellow bin guy and other fans.

If this happened outside a club, they would be in court. I hope this happens but fear it will not.
  • Options
    I was not aware that wearing a blue-vis jacket allows you to assault people with no regards to the law. This cannot be right. Football supporters are again treated as 3rd citizens and questions whether policing a match have learnt from those tragic events at Hilsborough.
  • Options
    The interim regime are on a war footing. In there eyes the protests represent an insurgency that must be crushed, dishing out violence is just another of their crude tactics.
  • Options

They were using city of London police as well as the met.
  • Options
    Just as a matter of interest. And I'm not trying to dig anyone out. But...

Today's heavy-handed security appeared (from what I have seen online, including a feed of the match) to be completely over the top.

We really need to ensure that the regime recognises that there is accountability for their actions. Whoever decided on the approach to be taken should be held to account. I really hope that no-one working for the club that is known to be a Charlton fan had any responsibility for the stewarding/policing.

Similarly, I assume that there must be some way (via the Mayor?) of getting some idea about the rationale for the police actions, and whether they are deemed acceptable. It's the first time I've seen police set themselves up to act against the home fans to such an extent (sort of used to it when at an away game, even if I don't like it).
  • Options

They were using city of London police as well as the met.
    an extra 8 Territorial Support Groups were brought in, (which at least some were the city police in black) added late last night, extra horse units were on standby also. None of which will be cheap.
  • Options
    Who said police can't be bought