Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Not allowed to watch my own club ... so much for Target 20k

edited May 2016 in General Charlton
I have supported Charlton since 1982 and attended matches regularly. Until 2006 I was a season-ticket holder, with my wife, but as we moved out of the area we did not renew, preferring to turn up and pay on the day for games (not too hard, especially of late!). More than a week ago I emailed the club as I had heard proof of support was needed to attend the Burnley game. It is lucky I did otherwise my day - and that of my wife and two daughters who I persuaded to come after the last three times they watched being utterly dire - would have been wasted, alongside a 200-mile round trip. I finally got a reply this morning.

We are only selling tickets to people who have previous purchase history with us for this game as the Burney away end is sold out. We have looked up your name on the system and we cannot seem to find you on the system which goes back as far as 10 years’ worth of purchase history. Therefore you will be unable to purchase a ticket for this game, unless we can locate your purchase history with us.

Thank you.

Best Regards
The Supporter Relations Team

So, for the first time, I am not able to attend a home game of my own club even though there will be swathes of empty seats. Aside from my own disappointment, I wonder exactly how Katrien plans on reaching her much publicised Target 20K. On, and does someone want to tell the club we are playing Burnley and not Burney?

Well done Roland. This is what you have done to our club.

Comments

• Options
    Perhaps someone on here can purchase tickets on your behalf using their CON card?

• Options
    So if the 'Burney' away end is sold out, only home fans who can prove they have regilarly supported the club ( with proof) can attend?
    I went to see the Hull game in august. The Hull end was pretty full- had they sold out, would I have been turned away.
    Where exactly is the logical connexion between the two things? Away end full - stop selling home fans tickets.
  • Options

So if the 'Burney' away end is sold out, only home fans who can prove they have regilarly supported the club ( with proof) can attend?
    I went to see the Hull game in august. The Hull end was pretty full- had they sold out, would I have been turned away.
    Where exactly is the logical connexion between the two things? Away end full - stop selling home fans tickets.

I assume they limit tickets in the other stands so that Burnley fans can't buy them
  • Options
    mogodon said:

Ongoing conversation with the club. In a bid to prove I am a fan I have so far sent them pictures of me at Wembley in 1998 and The Valley in 1992, a picture of my daughter aged one week in a Charlton onesy, a share certificate rendered worthless by mismanagement, a letter from the club written in 2004 confirming I was a member, a season-ticket stub from 2001-02, a letter from the club re incidents caused by Millwall fans at the 1993 home game, a letter to me from then captain Simon Webster written after the 0-1 loss to Bury in October 1992, a picture of my wife sitting in the home dressing room with Chris Powell and Jonny Robinson from about 1999 plus some ticket stubs. Still waiting to hear if this proves enough to buy a ticket for tomorrow!!!

But what's any of that got to do with Staprix FC, huh?

• Options
    Oakster said:

Blimey Mogodon you'll be on the sofa after all that!

Oh God. Perhaps I will email them admitting to being a Burnley fan after all ...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I have sympathy for you. It's a shambles and they are managing the situation very badly.

I will say though, why don't you have a red card? They make the whole purchaseing tickets process much easier. It also keeps a record of your purchase history. There are always going to be games that are on restricted sale each year. The QPR game at the beginning of the season was, and that was long before any protests or anything. If you want to attend whichever games you want make it easy for yourself and get a membership card.
  • Options

I have sympathy for you. It's a shambles and they are managing the situation very badly.

I will say though, why don't you have a red card? They make the whole purchaseing tickets process much easier. It also keeps a record of your purchase history. There are always going to be games that are on restricted sale each year. The QPR game at the beginning of the season was, and that was long before any protests or anything. If you want to attend whichever games you want make it easy for yourself and get a membership card.

Except you can only buy one ticket for yourself. (see other thread!)

• Options

Appreciate that and I should, but have never had a problem before now (perhaps been lucky). As I take family on occasions, this would not help on those days either. Been to eight home matches this season without any hassle (other than the speed they sell tickets). If we were close to selling out I could understand. But we are hemorrhaging supporters ...
  • Options
    mogodon said:

Ongoing conversation with the club. In a bid to prove I am a fan I have so far sent them pictures of me at Wembley in 1998 and The Valley in 1992, a picture of my daughter aged one week in a Charlton onesy, a share certificate rendered worthless by mismanagement, a letter from the club written in 2004 confirming I was a member, a season-ticket stub from 2001-02, a letter from the club re incidents caused by Millwall fans at the 1993 home game, a letter to me from then captain Simon Webster written after the 0-1 loss to Bury in October 1992, a picture of my wife sitting in the home dressing room with Chris Powell and Jonny Robinson from about 1999 plus some ticket stubs. Still waiting to hear if this proves enough to buy a ticket for tomorrow!!!

But have you been to Stevenage on a wet Tuesday night?
  • Options
    dizzee said:

mogodon said:

But have you been to Stevenage on a wet Tuesday night?
    Been to (old) Millwall on a snowy Tuesday night if that counts on the dismal rating. But Stevenage ... no ...but can easily put that right in League 2 in 2017-18.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My dad had similar problems for this game. Season ticket holder for 30+ years and regular fan since the bloody 60s but no, Charlton wouldn't sell him a ticket for tomorrow. Morons. He eventually got one after advising they look him up on their database and records for this season alone. Bunch of amateurs.
  • Options
    Give up and go to another cinema mate.
  • Options
    T said:

I have a red Card and I have bought 4. I didn't have to give any details about them or anything.

I do have a regular purchase history though. Roughly 10 -15games between home and away each year.
  • Options

T said:

I have a red Card and I have bought 4. I didn't have to give any details about them or anything.

I do have a regular purchase history though. Roughly 10 -15games between home and away each year.
    Did you not? wow, very different conversation i had.

In fairness to them, i don't go any more than a couple of times a season now. But my daughter has been begging me to take her for a couple of years.
  • Options
    Look how can they build these flats if people want to keep coming. Christ they have done their best to piss people off and they still want to come, weird.
  • Options

T said:

same here, i often buy 3/4 tickets.
  • Options

Give up and go to another cinema mate.

Be warned though @DaveMehmet is on the prowl at the cinema on Sarurday
  • Options
    @mogodon check your inbox.
  • Options
    edited May 2016

Target "go fuck yourself"

Genuine LOL. Class.