Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Not allowed to watch my own club ... so much for Target 20k

2»

Comments

• Options
    dizzee said:

mogodon said:

Ongoing conversation with the club. In a bid to prove I am a fan I have so far sent them pictures of me at Wembley in 1998 and The Valley in 1992, a picture of my daughter aged one week in a Charlton onesy, a share certificate rendered worthless by mismanagement, a letter from the club written in 2004 confirming I was a member, a season-ticket stub from 2001-02, a letter from the club re incidents caused by Millwall fans at the 1993 home game, a letter to me from then captain Simon Webster written after the 0-1 loss to Bury in October 1992, a picture of my wife sitting in the home dressing room with Chris Powell and Jonny Robinson from about 1999 plus some ticket stubs. Still waiting to hear if this proves enough to buy a ticket for tomorrow!!!

But have you been to Stevenage on a wet Tuesday night?
    Every night is a wet Tuesday night in Stevenage.
  • Options
    mogodon said:

Update - got home to find a message from Mandy on my mobile (was out of contact on that all day) and an email to say nothing could happen unless they spoke to me. All too late now. Have replied with this ...

Just got home to find this email. Too late now - not your fault that I was not able to use my phone but still ... Children want certain plans, wife pissed off and I am just fed up that after 35 years I cannot get to see my club. So we are going to go to watch some Premiership rugby. More local and a damned sight better quality. I'll be back (as soon as the regime go) but suspect the children won't bother.

Fail to see why anyone needed to speak to me. Was it going to be multiple choice questions to decide if I was indeed a fan? I appreciate the need, especially in this match, to make sure that away fans don't get into the home areas, but equally I would have expected some common sense to prevail, especially after I sent you the various documents. I don't think you will be putting up the ground full signs next season, will you ...

Please thank Meire and Duchatalet for turning a wonderful community club into a fortress. If they hadn't so spectacularly ruined it then perhaps it wouldn't have to resemble a ground under siege. Actually don't bother. They don't listen to anyone other than each other.

Sorry, but you didn't have a red card, which wasn't the club's fault.

They needed to speak to you, so they e mailed you & rang your mobile and couldn't get hold of you.

I despise the regime, but they appear to have done their best for someone that lives more than 100 miles from The Valley and wasn't contactable.
  • Options

mogodon said:

Update - got home to find a message from Mandy on my mobile (was out of contact on that all day) and an email to say nothing could happen unless they spoke to me. All too late now. Have replied with this ...

Just got home to find this email. Too late now - not your fault that I was not able to use my phone but still ... Children want certain plans, wife pissed off and I am just fed up that after 35 years I cannot get to see my club. So we are going to go to watch some Premiership rugby. More local and a damned sight better quality. I'll be back (as soon as the regime go) but suspect the children won't bother.

Fail to see why anyone needed to speak to me. Was it going to be multiple choice questions to decide if I was indeed a fan? I appreciate the need, especially in this match, to make sure that away fans don't get into the home areas, but equally I would have expected some common sense to prevail, especially after I sent you the various documents. I don't think you will be putting up the ground full signs next season, will you ...

Please thank Meire and Duchatalet for turning a wonderful community club into a fortress. If they hadn't so spectacularly ruined it then perhaps it wouldn't have to resemble a ground under siege. Actually don't bother. They don't listen to anyone other than each other.

They needed to speak to you, so they e mailed you & rang your mobile and couldn't get hold of you.

I despise the regime, but they appear to have done their best for someone that lives more than 100 miles from The Valley and wasn't contactable.
    Hardly a sell out though is it? Why any need for a red card at all? Just sell him the bloody ticket.
  • Options
    As a season ticket holder it would very bad if I couldn't buy tickets for others on the day.
  • Options
    If anyone has not managed to get a ticket for whatever reason, am happy to try to use my season ticket ownership to get you one.

This should not be necessary.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    T said:

T said:

I have sympathy for you. It's a shambles and they are managing the situation very badly.

I will say though, why don't you have a red card? They make the whole purchaseing tickets process much easier. It also keeps a record of your purchase history. There are always going to be games that are on restricted sale each year. The QPR game at the beginning of the season was, and that was long before any protests or anything. If you want to attend whichever games you want make it easy for yourself and get a membership card.

Except you can only buy one ticket for yourself. (see other thread!)

I have a red Card and I have bought 4. I didn't have to give any details about them or anything.

I do have a regular purchase history though. Roughly 10 -15games between home and away each year.
    Did you not? wow, very different conversation i had.

In fairness to them, i don't go any more than a couple of times a season now. But my daughter has been begging me to take her for a couple of years.
    I brought them last week online so may be different.

The inconsistency is weird. But bit unexpected sadly
  • Options
    The only reason they even responded is probably because it was gathering wind over here (this thread) and it would lead to bad publicity.

You don't need to phone someone to sort out arranging tickets, they do not NEED to speak to someone on the phone if the dialogue was via e-mail. They don't want to sell tickets but are making it look like there is some effort.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

T said:

I have sympathy for you. It's a shambles and they are managing the situation very badly.

I will say though, why don't you have a red card? They make the whole purchaseing tickets process much easier. It also keeps a record of your purchase history. There are always going to be games that are on restricted sale each year. The QPR game at the beginning of the season was, and that was long before any protests or anything. If you want to attend whichever games you want make it easy for yourself and get a membership card.

I have a red Card and I have bought 4. I didn't have to give any details about them or anything.

I do have a regular purchase history though. Roughly 10 -15games between home and away each year.
    same here, i often buy 3/4 tickets.
    Same. When buying online I don't even give my red card number. Just my email address and password.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    25May98 said:

T said:

Same. When buying online I don't even give my red card number. Just my email address and password.
    They can probably see that you are a red card holder, with a regular purchasing history and live in the vicinity of Charlton, so obviously a Charlton fan.

Unfortunately for mogodon he never joined the red card scheme, despite it being in existence for donkey's years and therefore does not qualify to purchase, when the tickets are on restricted sale, which they always are when the away end sells out & have been for more than 10 years.

Obviously, there are loads of Burnley attempting to buy in home ends & Burnley have been described as the Millwall of the north. What with all the demonstrations & disruption expected, the last thing the club need is fighting between Charlton & Burnley in home areas.

It is poor not replying to e mails, but the onus was on mogodon to sort this out earlier in the week, I'm afraid, especially as he lives more than 100 miles from The Valley and is not an "obvious" Charlton supporter as opposed to Burnley.
  • Options
    The thought of a 1000 or so Burnley fans in Home areas would have been shocking. Brighton or Bournemouth they ain't.
    Can only endorse Covered end's words.
    The card scheme at Charlton and every other club,
    Makes sense.

If all football fans were friendly like Brighton, Bournemouth ETC,

Then all Clubs could sell on the day, Red card or No Red Card.
  • Options

25May98 said:

T said:

They can probably see that you are a red card holder, with a regular purchasing history and live in the vicinity of Charlton, so obviously a Charlton fan.

Unfortunately for mogodon he never joined the red card scheme, despite it being in existence for donkey's years and therefore does not qualify to purchase, when the tickets are on restricted sale, which they always are when the away end sells out & have been for more than 10 years.

Obviously, there are loads of Burnley attempting to buy in home ends & Burnley have been described as the Millwall of the north. What with all the demonstrations & disruption expected, the last thing the club need is fighting between Charlton & Burnley in home areas.

It is poor not replying to e mails, but the onus was on mogodon to sort this out earlier in the week, I'm afraid, especially as he lives more than 100 miles from The Valley and is not an "obvious" Charlton supporter as opposed to Burnley.
    Your points are of course valid and rules need to be in place for good reasons.

My problem with this is, as someone already mentioned, why did Charlton not recommend mogodon become a red card holder?
  • Options
    25May98 said:

25May98 said:

T said:

My problem with this is, as someone already mentioned, why did Charlton not recommend mogodon become a red card holder?
    Because it was too late by then. If he could become one so could any Burnley fan.
  • Options
    The red card holders only rule is applied whenever the away end is sold out.

Has been so for several seasons.
  • Options

mogodon said:

mogodon said:

It took eight days for them to respond to my initial email, which meant it was all last minute, and then only did so after two chaser emails from me. I also explained I was not able to use my phone and asked more than once that they communicate via email (which they had been up to then). I have not got a red card, which is my fault. I have not needed one before.

My point here is that old Charlton was an organisation that valued a long-standing, if not regular, customer. Under this mob it has become quite the opposite. I ended up having to get various documents scanned to prove I was a fan. It's not as if there are hundreds of new fans joining daily to replace the old ones either.
    I despise the regime, I agree they do not value long standing customers. I wish they would leave asap.

However, the rule is a correct one and whilst they should not have taken so long to reply to an e mail, it is hardly unexpected to someone on CL.

I don't understand why you could not use your phone, but therein lies the problem, which is not the club's fault.

If you was able to use your phone and you had phoned them at the start of the week, this would have been resolved.

In summary there is no one that despises RD & KM more than me, but I can't slag them off entirely for someone else's failings.

Apologies for sounding harsh, but I always try to be fair, whether it's a friend or enemy.
    Where I live (and work
    25May98 said:

25May98 said:

T said:

It was suggested but only if I could prove I was a fan, hence my emailing the kitchen sink at them in reply. I wonder if I will now get an offer of a season ticket for 2016-17?!
  • Options
    mogodon said:

mogodon said:

mogodon said:

It took eight days for them to respond to my initial email, which meant it was all last minute, and then only did so after two chaser emails from me. I also explained I was not able to use my phone and asked more than once that they communicate via email (which they had been up to then). I have not got a red card, which is my fault. I have not needed one before.

My point here is that old Charlton was an organisation that valued a long-standing, if not regular, customer. Under this mob it has become quite the opposite. I ended up having to get various documents scanned to prove I was a fan. It's not as if there are hundreds of new fans joining daily to replace the old ones either.
    I despise the regime, I agree they do not value long standing customers. I wish they would leave asap.

However, the rule is a correct one and whilst they should not have taken so long to reply to an e mail, it is hardly unexpected to someone on CL.

I don't understand why you could not use your phone, but therein lies the problem, which is not the club's fault.

If you was able to use your phone and you had phoned them at the start of the week, this would have been resolved.

In summary there is no one that despises RD & KM more than me, but I can't slag them off entirely for someone else's failings.

Apologies for sounding harsh, but I always try to be fair, whether it's a friend or enemy.
    Where I live (and work
    25May98 said:

25May98 said:

T said:

It was suggested but only if I could prove I was a fan, hence my emailing the kitchen sink at them in reply. I wonder if I will now get an offer of a season ticket for 2016-17?!
    Probably not ...you've upset Mandy by 'wasting'' her time :wink:
  • Options
    edited May 2016

25May98 said:

T said:

The reality is that in the past Charlton staff would have used common sense and discretion in these circumstances, and they would certainly have made an effort to resolve the situation. That's what's gone missing and that is down to the regime.
  • Options
    That's ridiculous!!! Look what you have done to our club Roland, lifelong fans unable to buy tickets it's out of order!!!! Sell the club to Elliott or Varney and go forth and multiply!!