Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Katrien Meire says the club “do not want to build up expectations” as Charlton prepare for League 1

Comments

• Options
    johnny73 said:

If current financial regulations already impact on existing league 1 teams then a top 6 budget must mean a massive cull of the playing staff. We've guessed a lot of players would be leaving and now the club have confirmed it.

Every season a complete overhaul of the playing staff, coaching staff with no continuity. This is not how a successful team is built.

A top 6 budget will not guarantee any kind of success with these clueless muppets.
  • Options
    Top 6 budget! Do Leicester have a top six budget? Of course they don't. It is about feeling you have a chance. As CEO she should have come out and said 'we are planning for an immediate return to the championship anything other than promotion will be seen as failure'.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    She really is taking the piss
  • Options
    Come on guys you are taking things out of context again, what she means by "don't build up your expectations" is "we want to build a great matchday experience"
  • Options
    It's the new football. Don't have aspirations, don't worry about the customers and don't plan for anything better. But most importantly keep the sofa.
  • Options
    I think she JUST figured Roly out.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Assuming the top 6 budget is true then fans of any other club would be thinking - if we get the player recruitment right with a good manager who knows the division and are well run off the pitch we've a good chance of automatic promotion. Laughable with this lot - relegation is a near certainty.
  • Options
    Why all the negativity , with our ' senior management team ' we surely must be going places !!
  • Options
    Just fuck off witch.
  • Options
    i had not renewed my season ticket but given these uplifting words from our CEO i will join the queue tomorrow.

This chat about 'top 6 budget' - why would she know what other clubs budgets are for next season already?
  • Options
    We'll never be promoted under this ownership, they've got it wrong repeatedly in so many areas.

As before they'll look to take shortcuts and save money wherever they think they can.

If you're going to look for bargains and young prospects it's even more important that you get the scouting and coaching right.

They'll assume players like Sarr, Ba, Ceballos etc will be good enough in League One. Same with a number of the u21s. There's no short term loan window from next season either so if we're struggling the only way of improving the squad before January will be bringing in free transfers.

We've also been told RD wants coaches he can trust so I can only see that continuing with another network or Belgian coach coming in.

They'll bring in a few more English players this time but otherwise it'll be more of the same.
  • Options

i had not renewed my season ticket but given these uplifting words from our CEO i will join the queue tomorrow.

This chat about 'top 6 budget' - why would she know what other clubs budgets are for next season already?

Queue. Chortle.